Explain to me what the point in living is when even people who have everything in life get tired of it?

Explain to me what the point in living is when even people who have everything in life get tired of it?

Not being a pussy
>muh problems
Get the fuck over it

This definitely blows but it just goes to show you that your emotions and soul overpower anything you can physically own

>people who have everything
what about talent?

When you feel like there's nothing,no one, and no hope left. Been there but pulled myself out of it, it's not a good place to be in.

Stupid tripfag

you will just come back to do it all again if you leave now

this

Who is this semen demon?

Zing

There is beauty in struggle.

There's happiness in moderation

This

Fuck him and fuck his shitty music.

Say you start an alternative rock band and become really dedicated to it. Compare these outcomes:

1) You make it big early on. You never become educated because there's no reason to. You tour around, only leaving your posh van to see the insides of stadiums. Thousands of casual fans spend ~$100 to see you each night, and all you have to do is play the singles to make them happy. You go to the studios with top pop producers, who know exactly how to construct a huge pop hit, and if you want to try anything new they tell you whether or not it's a good idea before you do it. Then, when you do your experiment, they reshape it so it conforms to the structure of a pop hit. You never have to worry about the business side because your label makes sure you're comfortable. You have access to all the drugs you want so you have fun and are never fully lucid. You never mature emotionally because you got so much validation early on. Your model wife loves you for the status and money, and she shares none of your interests.

2) You struggle. You wind up developing into some niche, and the people who like that niche genre become loyal fans who know every word to every song, so you play intimate small venue shows with sing alongs. You go to college and learn about the world. You help the operations of the indie label you're on, and you get total artistic control. You take a break from music to work for a nonprofit or study culture or meditation in the 3rd world for a couple years. You develop into the person you want to be, become disciplined, and marry a woman you have a deep connection with, who shares your interests.

>no talent
>his band is a shitty joke
>everyone makes fun of him all the time
>nobody wants to be associated with a shitty emo dadrock band

hes pathetic. people with actual talent in intelligence have a reason to live.

lol you're just jealous he's dead and you're not

Gay

As always a fucking trip fag

We're already "dead", because nobody knows the difference

>t. first world white man
Oh sweetie, you have everything too.

lol

I would think for your kids, but I'm not a rockstar so I don't understand these things.

if you get outcome 1 why not just quite while you're still young. they were millionaires very early on, there was no need to keep going

You sound like Reznor.
(I hope it's you)

Robin Williams was in massive debt and was dealing with the effects of first stage an aggressive form of Dementia. He figured suicide was the best, cleanest way out.

In truth, I honestly can't find a fucking reason to tell someone like him not to check out.
>Hey, in a year, you won't remember your name, that you had a daughter or your mark in television/film history and, moreover, society! You'll become a virtual vegetable, shitting in your pants, after two years and live in misery!
>See ya!
Seriously, that shit is no fucking joke.

Brandon i dont like you but dont kill yourself because id feel bad for all the times ive called you a fag.

>he honestly believes this

It was auto-erotic asphyxiation gone wrong. To save face and keep his image clean, it was decided that it would be released to the press as suicide.

Listen to recent Bobcat Goldthwait interviews, podcasts, etc. around the time it happened. He acts deeply affected by it but then stumbles over whether or not he saw it coming in different appearances. You can tell he's covering it up.

based tao-stoic-zen post

>work for non profit
>study culture
>meditation in the 3rd world

Mate if I'm going to college it's going to be for something worthy like Finance, Engineering, Math not some shitty culture degree.
Anyways would pick option 2, option 1 does not sound fun at all. As much as I like money I don't like it to the point that I would just have every idea I have shit on

think of it like that, he's never had a (You)

Don't make this about me.

1. Basically describes Dexter Holland to a T... except despite fame and rock stardom he still worked on his education and has a fucking PHD in Molecular Biology. And you couldn't find a band that's more manufactured Buttrock than The Offspring.

Chester is a weak cunt and he got what he deserved because his gay music undoubtedly depressed teens and helped in suicides. Offspring only helped me get high scores in Crazy Taxi.

YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH

When I said study culture, I didn't mean in college. I meant when you're on the ground, in that country.

Famous musicians don't have everything. They may become millionaires, but can only think about the amount of money their work made and how pitiful their share of it was. They play the same songs every night for decades, either stagnating in their old emotions or becoming dead inside. They realize they're dancing monkeys with no independence who will leave no mark on the world except for a few 3 minute songs that they probably didn't even write. Add in the drugs, promiscuity and degeneracy and the desire for suicide is inevitable.

Rivers Cuomo is kind of the exception to this though. Weezer was pretty successful early on as I recall and Rivers started going to college between their first album and Pinkerton

empathy kills you

How long have you been visiting here Mr Flowers? Have you been doing just fine?

You seriously think every hanging is auto-erotic asphyxiation gone wrong? It's the most common form of suicide next to shooting yourself.

Because life is all about money and possessions, right? Yeah man, can't live without that million dollar sports car!

That's a good point. I wish it wasn't so hard to manipulate my own emotions. Seems like it's nearly impossible for me to just "be happy" by choosing to be. I need outside things to happen that allow me to be happy.

I wonder what drove Chester to kill himself. The circumstances that would have to occur for a guy that's doing what he loves and making tons of money doing it have to be pretty dismal.

parkinson or ahlzeimer,

Excuse me, I think you dropped your hat, you cringey faggot.

Maybe the struggle is why we live? Maybe having nothing to strive for (or rather FEELING as if you have nothing to strive for) makes life feel like it's not worth living?

Sounds familiar...

Sarcasm isn't detectable through text. Either you misinterpreted or you're dumb as fuck.

How many layers of sarcasm are we talking about here?

>They play the same songs every night for decades

Literally the easiest deal to have to do in life. I have no sympathy for rockstar suicides, they're literally living the dream and still off themselves. Fuckin selfish fucks.

>you just remembered I committed suicide

There's truth to that, no one likes admitting it but no worries in life can become really mundane and annoying. That's why you see rich people finding themselves doing dumb fucking shit.

Just because someone has everything doesn't mean they can't have problems or be depressed. Material possessions,or success sometimes can't fix what's going on inside someone. Seeing peoples posts over this whole thing makes me see that still people really just don't understand depression.

You can't millionaire your way out of a chemical imbalance OP.

Same reason why all the bitter virgins on /r9k/ think getting a gf will suddenly make them happy. The answer to your internal struggles can be pretty complicated to find, even if you are successful to others on the outside. Not to mention with people that are famous, there is a stigma against them speaking out against suffering from depression or other mental problems because faggots immediately come back saying "BUT UR RICH U ARNT ALLOWED 2 BE SAD".

You already did that yourself you autistic attention whore

Well said user

For some reason people think Money + Material possessions = happiness. When it's not true at all. I understand the thought process of why people would think that, but the hard reality of it is that it doesn't.

>tripfag
>bah wah don't make it about myself
Fucking kys yourself.