First Look At Bokeem Woodbine As The Shocker On The Set Of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

>Bokeem

Does he shout Allahackbar?

What's with black people and electricity-based powers?

that suit, just like the new spiderman one looks like shit

>Shocker has electric powers

Newfag

Wow, that guy looks so much like Dave Chapelle it's shocking.

Because black superheroes cant have superpowers like the white man, think about all the black heroes you know, how many of them have magical powers or even superstrenght (not counting Luke Cage).

Cyborg, gets his powers from his technology.
Black Panther, gets his powers with technology
Falcon, gets his powers with technology
War Machine. gets his powers with thechnology

There is no black superhero, hmmmm wonder why?

>what is luke cage

I'LL CHASE YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!

WE

do u even read bruh?

>Black Panther, gets his powers with technology
He gets his power from a plant and an actual God, his MILITARY is all tech based though (of course)

That is Dave Chappelle
Bokeem Woodbine is his African name

Martian Manhunter human form is black

Static Shock?

Yeah but why? Maybe because in comic book land black people arent usually superheroes so its the perfect cover.

technically most of the white superheroes in MCU fall under that criteria too

>storm
>bishop
>teenage mutant ninja turtles
>the robot twins from transformers
>Luke cage

good point

Storm was born with her powers

Green Lantern but does his ring count as technology?

He's chinese

This while thing is starting to turn into a bit of a monkey paw wish. Isn't Amy Pascal (AKA, the bitch who fucked up Ghostbusters) in some kind of position of authority on this project?

huh?

>power derived from imagination and feelings
its magic

It's ridiculous to just arbitrarily exclude Cage, and then conclude 'there are no black superheroes lol'. It's just rubbish mate

GET BACK HERE NIGGER
I'LL CHASE YOU TO TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH

black lightning?

Storm
Blade
Jakeem Thunder
Cloak
Spawn

I'm not your mate buddy

Does Blade count? He's half vampire, but he's still stronger than a human.

Doesn't even look like Quilt-Man or The Cushion

I liked him in Fargo. I may see this just for him.

I like his name.

Bold men make bold statements.

>black shocker
hmmm

Martian Manhunter is a shapeshifter. He can make his human form look like anything.

Another black guy with electricity powers.

At what point can we call this trope racist?

>tmnt
>WE WUZ TURTLES

>Another black guy with electricity powers.
wait how is that racist? I don't get it

this dudes just a bit fucking ugly to be in a big part like this, kind of off putting for some reason

>not because he's black ffs he's just strange looking

I did too. I won't watch this but it's good to see him getting work.

Whites need to protest the race swapping of characters

>There are no blacks with superpowers!
>except this guy i'm excluding

it's okay when black people take the roles of white people because it's the current year

>shocker
>electric based powers

Had a hearty kek

Are we ever going to get a Superior Foes of Spiderman movie

Storm and static shock. That's why the guy was asking the question. Most, or some, people growing up watching WB Kids would probably see this as a pattern.

man fuckin white people bein raycist. baka

In his pants.

Then again most comic book writers are white. If you wrote a comic book universe who would your superheroes be? Mostly black? Yea, no.

>mostly white

I meant.

Will Mike Milligan and the Kitchen Brothers be on the soundtrack?

You're forgetting me you cracker motherfucker. - Blade

>>teenage mutant ninja turtles

wut

>Spider-Man has a somewhat similar foe to Shocker called Prowler who is actually black
>is getting pushed super hard in the comics right now as a reformed hero with his own solo series
>for some reason instead of putting him in the movie they cast a black man as a character named Herman Schultz
>Herman fucking Schultz

black adam

They're trying to nigger this movie up real good, aren't they?

So, every other character in Spider-fag is going to be a nigger? Great.....

Amy Pascal was shitcanned at Sony but, HOORAY, Tom Rothman is now in charge of their movie division, a man who hates and loathes both comic book movies but also genre films.

He was good in Fargo. Hope he does well in this.

Yep, and like Ghostbusters, Sony is more interested in pushing social justice fascism rather than make a good movie which is why this new version of Spider-fag will fail like the last one.

This is the least offensive of the casting decisions. At least this guy has proven himself as an actor and it isn't completely against character like Flash.

Exactly!

Black Lightning

Then Shocker is cannonically black forever now...

Thanks, Disney.

TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

>Casting black people to play black characters
WOAH, RASIST!

Why not come up with a new and original character of color if you feel like they're underrepresented?
Why not pick one of the pre-existing characters of color from the source material (Gloria Grant, Michele Gonzalez, Randy Robertson, Ganke, Chad, Hobie Brown, etc) if you feel they're underrrepresented?

Might have something to do with the demographics of readers too. And by that i mean the average black can't read.

Fucking idiot

Peter seems like the white elephant in the room now.

I know you are but what am I

I'm obligated to see this film because he's my favorite hero but I'm know I'm going to hate it because of source material nit-picking alone.

because these people don't actually care about the things they cry about. They stomp their feet and whine until they get their way. Then the people that actually make this shit listen to them, because they are a vocal minority making it seem like they are the majority. Then when sales don't do to well they wonder what happened.

The last few years people whined about diversity in video games, and that has died down. Problem is the whining from YEARS ago is finally catching up, and now we are seeing shit like Watch Dogs 2 and Mafia 3 (a mafia game where you aren't even in the mafia, instead you are a fight da white man black guy).

In the last year the diversity focus has shifted to movies/television. Its easy for these people to scream for diversity in this shit, but they don't ever make their own movies/games/books/etc because they don't actually like the thing they want diversity in.

This weird trend of changing comic book superheros by race or gender swapping hasn't worked at all. In fact its killed what tiny fanbase comics still have. This doesn't work with the comics, yet they are still doing it in the Spiderman movie?

These people who call for diversity don't like comic books. They don't like video games. They don't like capeshit movies. They don't like Ghostbusters. They don't come up with new or original characters/movies/games because they don't actually like or care about any of it. They just want to scream diversity on twitter because they think it makes them look like a good person. Hell as long as it makes the stupid companies that listen to them lose millions or go bankrupt I'm all for it.

Is there ANY other white person in this movie or is Peter the only one?

So i'm guessing no more jobs from Elephant.

>Aunt May
>Iron Man
>Vulture

DESU he looks too scrawny and I don't like the eyes

Him being black isn't a big issue because of the actor they chose, but if they make SHOCKER A JOKE AGAIN OR TAKE AN INSPIRATION FROM ULTIMATE KEK NU-MALE VERSION I'M GONNA RAPE SONY AND FEIGE

That costume is really shit.

He'll be a joke.

He'll be an opening scene villain like Crossbones and Batroc.

>I don't need no gadgets. I've been shocking since I was 10