Now that the dust has settled and the reviews have been solidified...

Now that the dust has settled and the reviews have been solidified, are you guys going to admit you were just being sexist against this film?

Why is this board filled with people so afraid of strong, funny, independent women taking roles of men and making them better? Are you afraid they'll do a better job than men? Because in this case, they did.

Also: ITT, other films that women did better in than men.

Other urls found in this thread:

247365hatemachine.blogspot.ca/2016/07/ghostbusters-and-social-justice-warrior.html
youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wonder what's behind that top critics button OP.
Find something else to shitpost about.

Rotten tomatoes is a pretty shitty website. Just always go with audience score and only look at Armond Whites critique

Those "top critics" are just "nostalgic" and can't handle the witty humor of the cast. They want that dry 80's sexist humor.

TOO BAD! Times are changing and you guys should really be on the right side of history on this one.

To bad your mentality didn't make this movie any money

>Armond White
truly the only known, confirmed, partician

>it has a higher rating than Batman vs Superman
>it has a higher rating than man of steel

The movie surpassed its $144 million just recently, so try again sexist!

>making back its budget
>profit
you dont really understand bud

>going over budget
>not profit

Okay sweet heart, I know math is hard so I'll spell it out for you:

If you have a budget of 4 dollars, and you make 6, that means you have a profit of 2 dollars. If you just made 4 dollars, you'd have made back you budget.

>57% audience score

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Feig is going to have a hard time in movie jail. Mel Gibson is going to eat him alive.

Way to go Sister! Like you I also love this movie. Speaking as a proud 16 year old lesbian this film represents everything in my life, my struggle. I hate the fact that there even exists an old version of this landmark piece of art with disgusting misogynistic and racist men in it. Revolting! I came out to my parents right after seeing Ghostbusters, it made that much of an impression on my sexuality. Thank you to all the females involved in making the best movie of all time. I also saw it over 20 times at the cinema and will buy at least 5 copies of it on DVD, Blu Ray and UHD - which I understand will be in its original extended format. Peace. Patty Power to the Max!

Unfortunately marketing costs exist. One of the biggest summer blockbuster flops this year was Tarzan. which made 354 million on a 180 million budget and Star Trek Beyond, which made 285 million on a 180 million budget. Both of these giant flops made more money than Ghostbusters.

>lower audience score than both of them

How RTfags will ever recover?

It needs 500 million to break even after marketing costs. Try again.

i cant wait until Halloween when all the girls will be ghostbusters , like their summer heroes

just kidding , prepare yourself for harley quinn in every shape size and race of female

i hate how recently RT scores are the measurement of success for movies now
>Ghostbusters: Fresh, but flopped embarrassingly at the BO, still called a success
>Suicide Squad: EVERYONE hated it, 3 weeks #1, already crossed 600 mil worldwide without China, everyone and their mother calling it a flop

>are you guys going to admit you were just being sexist against this film?

No. Will the Sony market team admit they were sexist against men?

The only guy in the thread that gets it.

And it made a fraction of what they did

Speak for yourself, i'm looking forward to the Katanas and Enchantresses.

You have to look at it in context. WB expected SS to make up the shortfall from BvS and it didn't even after they spent loads of money reshooting and hiring trailer houses to create an edit.

This isn't even good trolling yet these fags to the bait

shit movie senpai

>WB expected SS to make up the shortfall from BvS

There is no way WB expected SS to make more than BvS.

You're not being funny.

>already crossed 600 mil worldwide without China

If you discount China Suicide Squad has made more in foreign markets than the mega hit GoTG even though Guardians opened in 56 foreign countries but SS only opened in 33

Nah. SS was their GotG. BvS was their Avengers. They were expecting SS to make between 700 to 800 million. So yeah, it did fall short, but not by as much as you assume.

>They were expecting SS to make between 700 to 800 million

And it's going to do that. It's at 675 mil right now and it's still to open in Japan which will give it 20mil at least

>73%
>Filled with biased reviews

What does that even mean?

>Facts are damage control

Even if that were true (and you're a fucking moron for thinking it is), Sony sure as fuck didn't expect to make a new movie of a huge property like Ghostbusters and lose close to 150 million dollars in the process. The first Ghostbusters movie in over 25 years should have brought in close to a billion dollars easily, and it would have had it been made semi-competently.

>top critic
>can't string together a comprehensible sentence

It's not the movie, it's the feminist journalists being absolute shit heads about the whole affair. There's like what, 50 or so articles about a youtube trailer being downvoted into oblivion because that's all people can do to express their voice as opposed to those who can half-ass their comfy polemics from a cushy soap box.

Also, Suicide Squad did better.

The way the media attacked James Rolfe made me feel sick.

Reminder

>144 million dollar budget
>100 million dollars in marketing
>made 220 million worldwide
>cinemas take half the gross
>sony only gets back 110 million on their 244 million dollar investment

But he was a man that stood in the way of progress so he had to be taken down to make way for the New Order. Ghostbusters (2016) is not just a fucking comedy, it's not a "fun" family thing, it's not some popcorn flick, it's not even a movie, it's Social Cleansing Program to make way for a pure and cockless world.

He wasn't even unreasonable. He grew up on 80s media and has a giant hard on for it. The movie itself was any other kind of hollywood schlock but with added politicism so it can't be so easily disregarded. Just trash entertainment with a feminist angle bloggers can get behind in a cushy momentum of self-righteous zealotry. And after they write that article it's time for a 'deserved' trip to the local tapa's bar with a 5 star rating on yelp and 10 bucks for each dish. Wooooo.

ARTICLE: GHOSTBUSTERS AND FEMINIST/SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR FASCISM!!!FACT!!! 247365hatemachine.blogspot.ca/2016/07/ghostbusters-and-social-justice-warrior.html

>Pond

I'm not usually one for conspiracies but I really do think Critics threw Suicide Squad under the bus because of the Ghostbusters ass pain

Do these cretins not understand that other human beings have eyes and a (mostly) functioning brain too? Even my mom said this movie looked like shit and she's as normie as it gets.

Eh, Suicide Squad wasn't good imo ( 6/10 ), but I definitely agree the reviews were a little questionable for Ghostbusters. Suicide Squad is just a comic book movie, but Ghostbusters tapped into real world problems like equality. So the reviews come off way more personal than usual.

>Armond White

Kino critic and made Ebert salty

>0:04 that cartoon CGI
THE FUCK? THIS is actually a part of the film?

What SS was at least a 3/5 while ghost busters was a 1/5. I am a generous grader through.

Oh I'm not saying Suicide Squad was a great movie but I feel critics were harsher on it than what was deserved. They see Enchantress dressed in almost nothing and Harley in booty shorts and they try tried to sabotage it because of Ghostbusters flop

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

Oh, i agree. And you gotta love the critics ignorance about the characters.

This. I'm really confused as to how people take that website seriously