Friends and i found these old ass jars of beer half burried in the woods. Do they have any value? Does it go bad...

Friends and i found these old ass jars of beer half burried in the woods. Do they have any value? Does it go bad? Anyone who knows their shit would be greatly appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permeation
hagley.org/research/digital-exhibits/packaging/new-bottles
youtube.com/watch?v=RkZLl1CUT9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Take a swig

OP here, this is the cleanest label I could find

open one and sell the rest because old farts like old trash

Not an expert but beer can go off

open one and pour in a clear glass, post results

It's probably soured by now. Can probably sell them (empty) as vintage items

It will taste like absolute shit. I had a few bottles of basic beer, dark glass, kept in a cardboard box so no light exposure, and after 2 years they already tasted like bitter, rank ass. Don't open one of them, sell it to someone for $$. Or send a bottle to Ashens, a YouTuber that does old food/drinks. Pretty entertaining.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permeation

Btw, see how the lids are swollen? That's gas. And gas means the contents are fermenting.

Beer does indeed go bad.

I found one empty bottle attempting to be sold for bottom bid $19.00 on eBay, but nobody is biting. You however seem to have a cute collection of full bottles, so, maybe still worthless, maybe worth something? My advice is to hold onto them and maybe contact breweries or maybe there's some kind of beer museum you could get a hold of.

Pretty neat bottles, at any rate. Rheingold has been around for a long time. Good luck, OP.

Drink them all in one sitting, acquire super powers

With some Googling, seems like those bottles are from 1960-ish. Contents = rank ass.

hagley.org/research/digital-exhibits/packaging/new-bottles

rolling for this, ashens will drink one

Hey op can can i buy one?

OP back again. Still thinking about a taste test but im currently figuring out how to contact this national beer museum I found online

You can literally see the mold inside lmao. Don't open one, you'll accomplish nothing except destroying one.

I mean... A sip wouldn't kill me right?

You will shit forever.

only one way to find out OP

the sudden negative internal pressure from the cataclysmic diarrhea might make you implode

definitely give it a taste, aged beer is delicious

source: am brewer of 24 years

Having an internal mold infestation sounds super inconvenient. And expensive. Doesn't sound worth it... Although...

It wasn't exactly aged. Just unceramoniously left in the dirt for 30 somethings years

30? Try ~55 years.

ebay $35 Vintage Rheingold 10 OZ Chug a Mug Beer Bottle - Empty

certainly keep as many in good condition as possible. you (or buyer) can empty a bottle anytime but can't revert it, so full bottle = greater value. it's tempting to taste but you'll most likely be disappointed lol

even better! give it a swig

This thread made me thirsty

was hoping for a cum bottle collection, am dissappoint

sell it

If that is sediment inside then YES it can kill you. Otherwise smell it.

I drink old shit on YouTube I have drank the three oldest sodas send me one and I'll shout you out email me [email protected]

>Be me
>1990s
>Working in cybercafé
>Regular comes in
>Found stash of pre cocaine ban coca cola in his grandfathers attic
>Tells me he's gonna try one
>Next day no regular
>Next week no regular
>Next month regular shows up
>Ask where he's been
>Drank coke
>Spent month in hospital

OPEN ONE FAGGOT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

Gonna be op's anus!
youtube.com/watch?v=RkZLl1CUT9s

They aren't all that old it'snot bacteria they are protein blobs it will taste bad but they are safe to drink I do it all the time

The biggest mistake i think you're making here is assuming they're filled with beer still...

you're asking for trouble

empty bottles can sell on ebay anywhere from $5 - $30 each. not telling how much unopened bottles might sell for.

>mold
thats not mold - I highly doubt that beer can mold at all if it is in closed bottles (both alcohol and carbon dioxide act as preserving agents)

Fuck.

OP dont drink it.
>your face when OP is already dead

that shit is definitely a few decades old. so definitely will taste amazing!

barley and hops vinegar?

thats right - both alcohol and carbon dioxide will act as preserving agents. but be sure to cool it down like any other beer, so it won't taste like warm piss.
I once stored beer for about 8 years in my cellar. was perfectly fine

>still
Howard Hughes "beer."