After hip-hop dies out in a few years, what's gonna take its place?

After hip-hop dies out in a few years, what's gonna take its place?

jazz

don't ask me or this place most think noise is totally viable for a larger audience

Rock. Like it always will. We can only hope it won't be pretentious hipster faggy shit.

Electronic rock hop with trap flavouring

Rock will come back in some way

as if it already isn't

Why are you such a trend hopping faggot?

Music make exclusively by guys who killed themselves

my dick

That Beep Boop Bop Beep from Spongebob.

Welcome to Sup Forums where everyone's taste changes per what Fantano currently likes.

lmao

A completely new genre. It will be the antithesis of hip-hop and electronic music. It will have only acoustic instruments and a new type of composing technique and structure. People will follow in its footsteps and anybody not learning a violin or clarinet or a few newly constructed instrument variations will feel left out and won't be "hip". It's going to be a sort of romanticist reply to the current state where's there's so much information and technology it's actually nauseating, people will start living more in touch with nature and not in a pseudo hippie way.

Electronic

IDM is already doing that as we speak brother. Guys like Jon Hopkins will be heralded as the greatest musical minds of the 21st century.

Rap meme remixes
personally im waiting for another golden age in indie like in 2007

Where are you from?

Where I live everyone blasts fucking nigger mumble rap out of their cars.

Rock and roll renaissance.

and all recorded acoustic sounds mixed with digital stuff

Hip hop is electronic

been around for about 40 years, why do you think it's going to die?

Brazilian funk

Some new form of shoegaze and rap because currently everybody is digging lowfi hip hop vaporwave 80's mellow noise ambience shoegaze stuff. I guess they'll call it Rapgaze or shoehop.

Its not

Post-Trap

Probably this

confusing the "hip" in "hip hop" with "hipster".
Oh my. MFW you're adorable.

Trap beats and electronic remixes.

Unironically this. millenials/gen zers feeling more nostalgic by the say about classic rock bands.

neofolk then?

Name 5 of the best rates albums of the last 3 years not using electronic instrumentation.

>end me

Trap

Name 5 rock albums without electronic influence. Genres overlap all the time and are meaningless

...is a type of hip hop.

Traps already over with

it better

Some other chimpout abomination

2014 called

General public are way fo dumb for it

Influence is irrelevant. Hip hop is made with electronic instrumentation, it's electronic music just like techno, d&b or house.

my diary desu

Nothing. There is already a generation of humans who can't recognize something as music unless there's a nigger yelling in the first 2-7 seconds. The damage is done.

It's played entirely on computers, synthesizers and drum machines. It's electronic music.

Vaporwave lol

>It will have only acoustic instruments

Funk revival, but actually it will just be something that cost even less money and overhead. So laptop edm.

>not in a pseudo hippie way
>It will have only acoustic instruments
wew
e
w

Wow I'm going to do this, give me your name and in a few years I'll pay tribute to you

Funk is going great, just because Fantano isn't reviewing it doesn't mean none exists.

What is your band going to be called?

Folk revival already happened. Fleet foxes are not bigger than Kanye.

We're talking about becoming the dominant musical force.

>implying he's wrong
>implying he's from Sup Forums
It seems like you need to go back to r/music, summerfaggot.

It will not be another "revival" for sure, and it will not be backed by music media, and it will not come from the US/UK

He's right though. Also you're a nu-male.

China? Brazil? Mexico? Indonesia?

>literally the same complaint some now corpse probably made about little richard
It always comes back full circle doesn't it?

emo revival

He's wrong, it will probably be UK.

so funk?

Look at a warped tour band list if you want to see the absolute state of post-hardcore right now.

So is your life

Two fags and a bag...

Pipe

It'll be something relating to strings and having obvious parallels to peace, tranquility, serenity, etc. I'm trying to think of something clever but failing.

no one knows.
remember how in the late 80s a wave of the gloomiest extreme art came from arguably the happiest place on earth at that moment, scandinavia

Nah, that one's played on organs iykwim.

Man, I'd really like it to.

I didn't confuse the word. Are you retarded?

Deal with it.

Not folk. Something new. Something inconceivable.

Good luck, my friend. We'll tour together.

It's already dead. It's all some chief keef tier trap music.

String Theory.

techno salsa

Ba dum tissss

It's relatively big though just not as big as someone like Kanye

Nah it's all about sea shanty disco at the moment, I think that's the future of pop

Yeh, might be biased because I'm from the UK, but UK rock music and grime has become so homogenous and saturated that anything slightly different at this point will just blow up

Human Music

post hardcore is dead as fuck
metalcore and pop punk are currently peaking right now though

but luckily they'll die soon

>litetally what impotent, middle class white people have said since the 20s

Mumble rap will die and be remembered as a fad as dumb as dubstep. Don't worry user.

so is an awful lot of pop music

the only thing your point proves is that the label "electronic" is becoming less and less useful in how we classify music

Exactly, it's electronic music as is most modern pop music. Now why was it so difficult for you to admit this?

Post Trap

ding ding. Classifying something as "electronic" is like classifying a genre of music as "oboe music," but even worse due to the diversity of electronic media.

Not to mention that the term "electronic music" means wildly different things to different people (unless you put Ligeti and the Boards of Canada in the same genre).

all the pop songs will sound like they are produced by SOPHIE or Flume

>Post-Ambient will become the hot shit

> whatever an east asian developed superintelligence wants

Because he wasnt me? Dumbass

And yet it still makes more sense than "Jazz" or "Soul". Overly literal-minded people get upset when "electronic" is used as a genre but it isn't meant to mean every piece of music ever that uses electronic equipment in its manufacture is "electronic". Music is called electronic when that is the primary focus. Do you get upset when techno and trance are called "dance music", but -but I can dance to Nirvana as well. Do you get upset that you can listen to "house" outdoors. Why can't Ligeti and BoC be in the same genre? Well it is stupid because only a small part of Ligeti's works are electronic based but the few that are have the electronics as a central part of them. Do you classify Ligeti as modern or contemporary classical because both of those will sound silly in 100 years.

pop will nover die
any other genre has a 50- year spawn of popularity

Funk is returning in a big way, so some kinda funk genre?

Bring back rock!

bumping this germ

Rap isn't going anywhere. It's changing, but it's only getting bigger. And despite what I'd want, EDM isn't as splashy as it was 5 years ago but it's just become ingrained in pop.

I fucking hope not

we get this question every year. You want to know why rap will live on? it embraced the other genres that came for it's spot like when electronic music started to get a huge following again in America. It embraces their artist getting paid and not living poverty tier in basement.

It's only this year did it actually outsell rock music as a whole. If you want to live in poverty become a rock artist.