Say something good about the Hobbit Trilogy

Martin Freeman was a 10/10 casting choice as Bilbo.

its better than the book

Smaug's scenes in the second movie were pretty good.
That's all I got.

No.

erebor looks cool in the film

Hobbit soundtrack was very pleasing, had the classic LotR Howard Shore feel.

>"I...AM...FIRE... I... AM...DEATH"
That was a great end scene to film 2

They didn't make more.

Was definitely better than Williams' Force Awakens score

thranduil was pretty good casting too imo

the first 10 minutes of an unexpected journey are acceptable

I got goosebumps a few times... I was trying very hard to mind you. So the likes of the flight of the eagles in the first movie and with Smaug.

The Beneath the Misty Mountains or whatever chant was really good. Especially as hype fuel before the movie.

Smaug was good.

Movies were shite.

Has Peter Jackson made any statements about the response.

Casting was actually spot-on. It was direction and script that were lacking, because it was patently obvious Jackson didn't even want to be directing those films and resented producer intrusion so much that he fucked that trilogy over with some straight-up bullshit that makes his asspulls from Two Towers look tame in comparison.

I feel like all the casting was good desu senpai.

The score was good as well.

The first trailer was awesome.

The scene in 1 when Bilbo decides to join the party and runs through the Shire and across the fields is pure kino.

Im curious to know that as well. Jackson must have read all the negative press...

it's over

Bllaarrrrrrgghhhhhhh FEAR ME PUNY MORTALS RAAARRRRHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, they really did do justice to Tolkien's work here.

The riddles in the dark scene was well done.

Martin Freeman was too dickish, every line he uttered seemed to be seeping with sarcasm. Maybe I can't get the office out of my head, but the guy doesn't seem to have any reach, always plays the same tame but britishly dickish character.

The first 20 minutes of the first one are good.
Beginning of mirkwood in second one was good.
The acorn and dragon sickness scenes in the third one are good.

That's about it.

Who's that?

Dickish isn't the right word, but the problem is nmartin has don't a lot of dry comedy, so it's hard to take him seriously, or even imagine him talking something like LotR seriously. It feels beneath him, like it's too childish and he could be doing something better

my gf

I agree he did a decent enough job. His was one of the stronger performances but a perfect Bilbo he really wasn't imo.

First Film = 6/10
Second Film = 5.5/10
Third Film -2/10

The first movie has a very comfy feel, especially in the Hobbit village.

Me in the bottom left

It's so hated there won't be any more Tolkien movies.

That's a good thing.
Think of a Silmarilion movie made in today's Hollywood.
Or even worse a LotR sequel trilogy.

The entire Riddles in the Dark segment is pretty damn great.

First half of An Unexpected Journey is comfy. Reminds me of Fellowship.

They nailed Riddles in the Dark.

For the most part, they did a pretty damn good job with Smaug.

Thats pretty much it. Trilogy is shit.

Tom Bombadil film when?

The first one told me enough that I knew I should ignore the others and have been better off for it.

Smaug was really well done. Gollum is still kind of the gold standard for cgi characters in live action movies, and I think Smaug was actually better.

yes. also the montage of them walking with the misty mountains theme gave me chills in the theater. why did they fuck up the rest so badly godammit. the first film was quite salvageable. the second had more added bullshit but nothing a fanedit can't solve. the third was computer armies fighting computer armies. no fucking amount of editing can solve that shit. shame because there were some nice moments throughout the entire trilogy. but they were all moments, and the substance that was needed to hold them together just wasn't there.

When Elrond came to Dol Guldur I got pretty hyped desu

Yup, same.

(You)

lewd

this
it depresses me how far the movies fell after the shire scenes

indeed

He was alright, not the right actor to play bilbo though IMHO.

If you exclude the Tauriel crap the second movie is pretty good honestly.

In the theatrical version of the first one, I was looking forward to seeing Smaug, and then they changed him.

Christopher Lee was in it so that's nice

there werent more of them

>had the classic LotR Howard Shore feel
That's because Howard Shore did the music for the Hobbit films, moron.

it ended

The dwarf army was cool. Too bad the elves jumped in front of the damned shield wall when the orcs were charging them.

I liked the prologue, and Benedict Cumberbatch as Smaug. Everything else sucked dick.

The misty mountains dorf song in the first movie was great and should've been in all 3

Those posters are nice.

Kinda hard. And don't forget that god awful barrel sequence.

Riddles in the Dark and Smaug's interactions with Bilbo were pretty great. Most of the set design was stellar too like Laketown, Mirkwood, the Shire of course etc.

>I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH
>Dies 5 minutes later.

I watched the extended addition just a few days ago of the last movie. The dwarves and elves actually fought a bit and the dwarf army had...
>machine-gun crossbows
>scythe chariots powered by OP goats with machine-gun crossbows mounted on them
>ballistas that spun shit around in the air and destroyed enemy arrows mid-flight
>even more OP goats than the original
Weird shit. I could see why they cut it out of the final; it wasn't really believable that the elves would join the dwarves so suddenly after they got decimated by spinning balista thingies.

>Say something good about the Hobbit Trilogy

It broke my optimism so now I can only ever be pleasantly surprised.

I thought some scenes were damned morbid.

Wasn't there one part where a chariot mulches a bunch of orcs' legs so they plop down and wriggle around on their stumps?

That's not funny, that's almost Sup Forums-tier edge.

That sounds pretty silly. Not gonna watch the extended editions for the Hobbit movies, being drawn out into 3 movies was most of the problem just with the theatrical cuts.