This show is really good?

this show is really good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GS0DQKHMpM8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Try watching it and find out.

It makes your favorite show look like a pathetic cheeto dust encrusted video game monument to autism.

Its a great show. Not as perfect as Sup Forums makes it out to be. But extremely high quality.

Watch that shit.

>Not as perfect as Sup Forums makes it out to be
Literally the only flaw in all 6 seasons is the CGI Livia Soprano.

What?

??

???

too many pop culture references make it dated as fuck.

They made a plotline around the billy bass fad.

It's a great show, but it's not without its flaws.

The Billy Bass joke was great. Part of what makes the show dated is part of what nakes it great; it is partially a commentary on America at the time.

No show is perfect. But if anything is close to it, it's The Sopranos.

Name a better show.

Its a reddit meme show

This. The transitionary period of those times was a big theme throughout the series. Tony is not only battling himself and his enemies, but the times as well. Things are changing, people lose the values the once had. Everyone is a fucking rat. Everyone is a fucking depressed crybaby. Everyone wants to mix races. Things change, and Tony struggles to deal with that.

Name one show that doesn't have a subreddit.

You mean Mad Men, which is literally the reddit sopranos?

The actress who played Tony's mom died mid way through a season. They had one last scene with her, where old footage was used to put her digitally in the same room as Tony. It looked weird, it sounded weird, and it was probably the worst thing about the sopranos.
youtu.be/GS0DQKHMpM8

We know you summerfag asshole, that's been posted a billion times. I was memeing with the question marks.

>dated as fuck

what fucking show with pop references won't be dated a decade+ after it airs you fucking moron?

anyway, yes, the show is really fucking good. probably the GOAT. after finishing it, you get a void that never really gets filled again. we probably won't ever have again such top-notch writing, characters, poignant discussions on existentialism/life/death, and critiques on American society and culture as a whole all in one show.

one poster a couple weeks ago likened the sopranos to America's Mona Lisa or Michelangelo's David in terms of its cultural significance. i tend to agree.

well fuck me then. that's what i get for coming back to Sup Forums
>summerfag
jokes on you, I've been here since last Thursday

You weren't here for when it aired, huh? That's ok, welcome. Anyway Mad Men brought out the best of Sup Forums and along w/ Sopranos is considered to be the GOAT.

>tfw you're like tony
>except not being rich
>no alpha
>manlet
>no carm waifu

>>reddit

mad men is dogshit next to sopranos, next you'll tell me breaking bad is good as sopranos too

>nothing ever happens: the show = sopranos

Lmao look at that fanook

>mad men is dogshit next to sopranos
The only way you could think that is if you liked The Sopranos for pleb reasons. Mad Men isn't as good but it is still a worthy successor and easily the best of the post sopranos shows we've had.

As for Breaking Bad I sincerely believe that literally everybody who considers that show to be good deserves to die. I have no sympathy for a dead Breaking Bad fan, they are on the level of capeshit viewers and video game players.

They're companion series, sharing so many of the same themes and approaches to storytelling. No guns though, so I get that you'd be turned off. But if you didnt watch it, and just repeat edgy meme opinions, I cant take you seriously.

Sopranos at its best got the same complaints. The mob plot elements are probably the most redundant aspects of The Sopranos. The character examination was why the show was compelling, not some promise of a murder in the season finale.

>too many pop culture references
They literally make jokes about the constant referencing from episode 1 on. It's post-modern as fuck and it's great.

literally ever nothing happens in mad men apart from memes

>The mob plot elements are probably the most redundant aspects of The Sopranos. The character examination was why the show was compelling
I disagree. They were not only doing character examinations, they were also examining why and how dis-functioning personalities can opera in today's America.

The point is that mob narrative plot lines are largely asinine outside of functioning as a backdrop for the human exploration and yes, social commentary. Of course the real reason they were there was to make the show more saleable because Americans need the promise of violence and action. Even the show itself largely stopped caring about them as it went on.

You mean people aren't pointing guns at each other every week and there isn't a big bad that stirs up shit and gets murdered at the end of every season.

no, I mean it literally doesn't go anywhere apart from a meme every season.