Year is 2017

>year is 2017
>people still use windows 7 in 2017

same thread as google chrome one. explain why you're fucking brain dead and still use windows 7 in 2017.

Other urls found in this thread:

itvision
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The both end in 7. Checkmate

Because it was a better operating system you stupid fuckin faggot.
>also, FUCK WINDOWS 10

Why use that when you can use Linux OP?

Theres always one of these fags

whatever faggot win10 is fine get over it permavirgin

It is the era of Linux. Windows is over

Windows 7 looks like shit. Keyword "was". It's shit compared to windows 10 and Linux mate.

Microsoft/FBI shill plz go

I use Windows because it's easy to use and convenient.

i held onto 7 as long as possible but microsoft cripples it to get you to update to 10. i have 10 installed with telemetry disabled and all their spyware uninstalled. i need windows for gaming.

use linux mint for everything else.

>era of Linux
>no one uses linux

I use google chrome on windows 7, and I donut fucken care!

Windows 10 is good if you tweak the settings and remove the bullshit.

I suggest getting the LTSB copy.

I've been hearing that since you were adopted.

i was postponing updating to 10 for as long as I could. I had a bunch of adware that I read was much easier to delete with 10 so I upgraded. I t was much easier to deal with the adware and the OS was much better than 7 ever was imo.

How can you get windows free and use it free too.

I just dont like to pay for it

I still use windows xp...

I still use xp..

I dont want Windows 10 super backdoor kortana. Also Windows 7 is running fine for me. I also think its more safe since its already longer in market and still supported. Also Windows 10 was free. And Windows even sold you Vista, if sth is free then you sell yourself

I use Sierra.

all of you fags should be using windows me

You know you can turn the notifications off?

how about you either come up with some reasoning other than ITS CURRENT YEAR HURRHUR or go choke on a cock

>2017
>giving a shit about an OS

I can shitpost with any OS...

windows 7 is slower
windows 7 is way less secure
windows 10 is way cleaner.
directx12.
universal apps.

Bought an $800 laptop, worked flawlessly.

After Windows update, blue screen of death.

Microsoft needs to get their shit together I see exactly why people prefer Windows 7.

If you think 10 is "better" you're a pleb brain

link?

>no one uses linux
then why is it on Windows?

>not using gentoo in 2017

>normie

i did. microsoft crippled 7 so i had to update to 10. if i didn't need windows for steam i would either still be on 7 or linux

why is windows still a thing, why is mac still a thing?
why the hell is gnu/linux a thing when there is Arch?

it's okay no one's judging you

> slower

Doubt it

> secure

If you don't know how to prevent or fix cryptolockers you're a dumbass. I forgot I'm on 4 chan...

I'd rather deal with "threats" myself, considering the only fucking thing that ever almost broke my computer was Windows 10 updates.

It's beyond retarded, go back to your cave

enjoy your ads dumbass

>why the hell is gnu/linux a thing when there is Arch?

i'm.
i.
man.
this has to be bait. i dont believe it.

>Windows update, blue screen of death.
You should at least do a clean install, nigger. Windows has always been shit at updating itself properly.

Nice try you fuckin tech cuck

you can just download adblock.....

Seeing all those complaints on the Steam forums about games not working on Win10 kind of makes me thing the whole DX12 meme was the single biggest joke ever played on the gaming community.
Anyone who willingly Dled W10 for DX12 should be forcefully sterilized for the greater good of the human race.

Also, 8.1 is the superior version.

alright mate you're just embarrassing yourself. just stop.

>why the hell is gnu/linux a thing when there is Arch?
Good question. Why are computers still a thing when there are consoles?

>i have 10 installed with telemetry disabled and all their spyware uninstalled.

>having to adblock your operating system

Imagine being tech illiterate enough to install windows 10 on your own computer lmao

> at least do a clean install

I bought the computer, it came with 10 and the first thing I did was upgrade it. First thing I got was blue screen.

I'm not going to spend 3 hours "upgrading" to a blue screen because Microsoft wants to baby the average user from cryptolockers.

Microsoft really has shit quality control

>complaining about ads for free shit
Those really look like store suggestions rather than proper ads.

>it came with 10 and the first thing I did was upgrade it.
So, upgraded from 10 to 10?

> its a suggestion , not an ad

burgers really believe this

I run 8.1 with a classic 7 shell

my shit smells fine thank you

nobody said anything about cheeseburgers

it's the best version of windows, 10 is the worst. so like, why upgrade, i suppose eventually drivers won't support windows 7 anymore, which is what i'm worried about. i haven't looked into it but i'm there's some kind of professional version for IT people with all the horrible shit stripped out.

my mother works in IT, and i remember when i was a kid she said that 'today computers are the wild west, but that won't last the decade' and i was like 'no way mum, people won't let that happen!' now i'm like, "i wonder when they'll bring back mainframe style architecture where everything is streamed from server farms and you own literally none of your software, just a subscription'

i browse in incognito mode and use ning, i know im safe

I work in IT and regularly use Windows 10, Windows 7, and xbuntu. All three are good enough operating systems. Any faggot who thinks one is better than the other doesn't really know what they are doing on the pc. They are all viable in their own way and all have flaws in their own way. The safety of your system is up to you. All other arguments just sound like," hurrr hurrr muh oeratioun systems is better cause hurrr hurrr." fuck off all of you.

>not using tor as your main browser

have fun with the fbi kiddo

This is also just an option, if you had ever ran a clean install of windows 10 you would know that.

I wish I didn't upgrade to 10 from 8, i thought it would make it better. Windows just keeps making each OS slower and slower though. Cortana is a joke and windows needs serious optimization and focus.

You can make a boot usb of it directly from Microsoft's site and install it. You just won't have a key to activate, but really the only things that does is prevent customisation and will occasionally have a watermark on the screen in the bottom right. What I did. I did eventually get annoyed enough with that though to pay 5 bucks on eBay for a key though.

or you find removewat and never see a watermark again

Have you ever heard of Android? Linux has surpassed Windows as the most widely-used OS, you stupid cunt.

I don't have any problems with win 7.

I "upgraded" to win 10 about 7 months after it was released. Worst idea ever.

>Disabled automatic everything.
>disabled the shit out of telemetry
>prevented it from connecting to anything microsoft via the router and the host file.

Started having problems inside 2 months. Computer started waking up in the middle of night, even disabling hardware ability to wake up the computer.

>Lots of outgoing data at 3am. What is this?

Just a bunch of bullshit. so, no.

Things may have change with it. Is it better?

Anyone?

kek
>You're making points against the thing I shill for that I am unable to refute
>just stop pls

Just bought a refurbished i5 desktop that had win 7 for $200. Windows 10 would be an extra $100, so fuck that.

am i the only one still using Windows 2000?

Because autodesk opengl drivers don't function correctly in Windows 10. Fuck that, I'm sticking with Win 7 until they fix that shit.

Win10 bypasses host file, so router blocking is necesito.

Win2000 pro was solid on hardware that supported it, with old software it would be fine.

Avid ran like a champ on Win2000 pro

>Win10 bypasses host file,

I had that dirty fucking feeling I was wasting my time with the hosts file.

Tell me more faggot. How can I have it and it not fuck up so badly?

OH yeah, addressing all 3.2GB of RAM

Im switching over to linux and just buying games that support it. Fuck microsoft.

Windows 2000 was the most stable operating system I ever ran. Too bad driver support for it was virtually nonexistent.

>hurrr hurrr muh oeratioun systems is better cause hurrr hurrr."

This was my actual logic, btw

>bypasses host file
Now what possible reason could they ever have for doing this, aside of course from "people might try to hinder our telemetry"

This shit right here is just fucking unacceptable and I don't get how they can keep pulling shit like this with such little consequence.

>Im switching over to linux and just buying games that support it. Fuck microsoft.

I don't blame you. So, does Steam support HL2 games on Linux now.

What about CS:GO?

Ikr. You can see a tech saying to a manager "but they can bypass our telemetry with the hosts file!"

"Oh well, just hard code the addresses then! Just make it work. "

Yes and yes

WTF
i am on ubundu you fucktwat.

Manually entering every single IP address/url to block, one at a fucking time into the router sux balls.

I am patient, and I don't mind it, but it sux ass.

ubuntu i mean

Hell yes!

#LinuxMint

You shouldnt have to do it, microsoft has screwed the pooch with windows 10. Everything they have done is a big "fuck you" to users.

wow fucking idiots that can't fucking grammar

You agreed to their terms of service faggot

They know you don't read and just click "accept"

so now you have to eat their dick. quit bitching.

Agree with you for a daiky computer.

Using freebsd also for a nas.

It's better than Linux, and works unlike mac. Faggot. What are you using? A fucking rock. Op post is bait.

Have you heard of nobody gives a shit? Also, I would barley call a mobile software an OS. I wouldn't call ChromeOS an OS.

win 8.1 isn't as bad as win10 when it comes to spying right?

>It's better than Linux, and works unlike mac.

Are there people out there struggling to get Mac OS to work?

I don't have a mac, but I used to work with one and it worked very well.

He just doesn't eat apples i bet.

Yeah OP why would anyone want to not be apart of a botnet fucking faggots

>i disabled automatic updates
>i then got a virus
>i then blamed microsoft
WannaCry
and this is why apple is just better at security than microsoft and android.
microsoft: hey can you let me update your computer?
android: you want an update, faggot? should've bought a top of the line samsung. good luck with your $100 android and updates
apple: idgaf what you don't want. heres the update

>>i then got a virus

nope. I never got a virus as far a I can tell. Nothing that Hitman pro would find or Kaspersky could detect anyway.

Additionally, exploring all the processes and services yielded nothing.

No need to cry. I was only a little frustrated with the way it was waking up, and some memory leaks within it, and certain shit not working as advertised.

If you use anything above 7, you've been data cucked by massive advertising corporations, and whatever other fallacies you faggots have.

Win 10 is shit, collects all your data, restricts usage, blah blah blah im too fucking tired to rant about it.

just read this:
itvision altervista org/why-windows-10-sucks html