What does Sup Forums think about resurrecting extinct species?

What does Sup Forums think about resurrecting extinct species?

Playing God? What could go wrong?

This.

Resurrecting extinct species is not what God intended.

No reason not to.

Though to be frank, I would first recommend splicing in genetic sequences into living species just to see how the specific proteins function before recreating an entire species.

Beyond that, I think it's generally a dumb and impractical idea. They'd still undergo an inbreeding vortex that would result in second extinction.

God doesn't care about dinosaurs, let alone humans.

It doesn't even seem interesting anymore as an adult.

We'll need the Technology to resurrect the white race in 100 years

Do it for the lolz

Gee, the lack of humility before nature that's being displayed here, uh... staggers me.

>God has better things to do, like creating things and then ditching them all together

The tale of Yakub was not a warning of the past;

It was a prophecy.

Fuck that, unless it can somehow create more hamburgers there's little point in even bothering.

The dinosaurs tried to resurrect and ancient species and look what happened to them.

Well yeah.

You get bored with your old shit constantly.
Why wouldn't god get bored with us?

I think bringing back extinct species could both teach an incredible amount, and greatly aid in our knowledge of past ecosystems and evolution.

It would be nice to see how they actually behaved.

Haha, yeah, Jurassic Park was THE movie of my childhood.

If we did do this, we should dump the Dinosaurs off in Australia. Everything else on that island can kill you already, whats a few more?

I think it is exactly what god intended: maximum fuckery.

I've always wanted raptor skin boots!

Nature has killed billions upon billions of its own species over the last 4 billion years. It is our mission, nay, our destiny to finally control it and become extinction proof.

Resurrecting genes is the first step to completing this.

According to religion nothing would exist without God. This also means that he's constantly adding things, improving things and changing things as time goes on. Toys don't create themselves, user.

what the fuck is that?

Kek, we should turn Israel into Jurassic Park

Worst fucking argument. What is Playing God? Is every act of creation not acting god-like?

If god wanted dinosaurs around, then why did they all die off?

What in the fuck is that thing?

Let them roam around the Middle East

Also, I hope this happens in my lifetime.

>implying we dont play god every day and succeed

>According to religion nothing would exist without God.
Religion's fucking dumb, and every one is made by people that are both stupider than you and have astonishingly narrow world perspectives.

Quit being such a fag.

I do wonder what TREX Tbone Steak would taste like.

>misunderstanding what I said this much

Could be neat.

There's nothing to understand.
You spouted non-sequitur gibberish in some lame attempt to be profound.

>Still believing in the fossilized Jew
The dinosaurs probably looked and acted nothing like our preconceived notions derived from pop science and shit like Jurassic Park

A motor protein. Don't you have biology in school?

Pretty cool. If anyone thinks the effects on the ecosystem would be anywhere near as bad as what humans have already done then they're retarded.

Why not?

A lot of species went extinct because of humans, could be neat to have them around again.

But if humans resurect them, then anything they do would by transitivity be something that humans do.

Where's your logic, user?

I refuse to believe that anybody could be as incredibly fucking stupid as you are pretending to be

>All these people in the way of progress.
They're a potentially valuable resource. It could easily be done and controlled. Keep the big fish landlocked and keep the bigger land lizards on an island somewhere. Or just bring back a few mammoths as it's already confirmed they can do that. Even just bringing back some smaller things that we've made go extinct would be interesting if we can manage it.

In cases such as the dodo, wouldn't it essentially just be fixing what humans fucked up?

Those dumb birds wouldn't have gone extinct had man never come across them.

Cover your ears and shout "I'M RIGHT!" more.

It's a lot easier than forming a coherent argument.

i think slavshits should go extint

>God created the dinosaurs

very nice

I farted.

>The dinosaurs probably looked and acted nothing like our preconceived notions derived from pop science and shit like Jurassic Park
Some of them would just be like giant flightless crows or ravens meaning they would be great.

>says the pole

>Those dumb birds wouldn't have gone extinct had man never come across them.
That's wishful thinking.

First of all, everything goes extinct.
Second of all, all you needed is for a sustainable population of mediumsized egg eating mammals to wind up on the shore.

If anything, the Dodo's existence was prolonged.

How do you know that would be "fixing" it and not just fucking it up even worse?

Yes, just yes. Raptors must walk the earth once more.

The irony in this post. I said according to religion because I am not religious in anyway, which means my idea of God would be quite agnostic. Don't have a sperg-attack just because religion is mentioned you fedora tipping troglodyte fuck.

yeah the dinosaurs died in the flood for a reason

>Believes in giant space alien that controls everything through magic
>current year

Would dinos even survive? The atmosphere changed quite a bit. Our air has less oxygen than theirs had

t. vague memory of a mostly forgotten documentory

You could say the same about any species

>all it takes is a species that would hunt them to appear in their habitat

Man fucking up the ecology is what did them in, and many other species.

It wouldn't fix anything, most of the species couldn't survive under the conditions now anymore.
Having them alive in zoos or whatever would be nice though.

>I said according to religion because I am not religious in anyway, which means my idea of God would be quite agnostic
Which is why your whole point is non-sequitur in the first place.

Maybe you should get around to thoroughly explaining your premises and conclusions instead of memeing with the greentext, macros, and fedoras. Coherent my ass.

If nature hadn't intended us to resurrect dead animals then we wouldn't be able to, but we are.
That being said it does feel oddly wrong and immoral for some reason.

What the hell would we do with them, anyway? Confine them to a prison so they don't fuck up the current ecosystem?

>o hai
>i created u so u cud be my slave
>hope u leik being in a zoo

If God didn't want dinosaurs around then why did he make it so humans can bring them back to life?

>What does Sup Forums think about resurrecting extinct species?

Some of Sup Forums like scientific progress. Do it, there shouldn't be any end to the possibilities.

If you don't like unfavorable replies to stupid fucking questions then just gas yourself and we can all move on.

>If anything, the Dodo's existence was prolonged.
Determinism is a shitty religion.

>white people bring dinosaurs back from extinction
>dinosaurs repopulate and quickly prove themselves to still have what it takes to be one of the most dominate species on the planet
>humans only still most dominate on planet because of the technology white people created
>white man goes extinct cause of jews jewing
>the black/ mongrel hoards very quickly return to the stone age
>humanities population drops to 500 million while dinosaurs just keep reproducing
>within 250 years of white people creating dinosaurs they have taken back the world
>The extinct white man has the last laugh

Would be pretty good to be honest.

It's not my fault you're not capable of explaining your talking points.
Do you even understand them yourself?

Birds are fucking dinosaurs. They still exist, people. It's not even just a technicality.

> it is better to die than to live as a slave

It has nothing to do with determinism and everything to do with probability.

The primary cause of the dodo's death was the introduction of european rats, pigs, and dogs that ate their eggs. This is a wide number of species across a variety of orders that easily preyed on this ground dwelling species.

It's not impossible that the dodo survived. Just surprising.

Dinosaurs isn't exactly a species. They're a clade.
Birds are likely to be the descendants of some of these dinosaurs, but this thread is about bringing back extinct species, i.e. Jurassic Park dinos.

>no wanting a raptor bro to protect you from the onslaught of lefties
Shaking my head in disgust

Plants and stuff can work. Resurrecting a dinosaur is impossible because the earth was much tropical that allowed them and giant insects to grow as big as they did.

>Dinosaurs isn't exactly a species. They're a clade.
This doesn't really refute his point.

Your choice of word was "prolonged". I.e. suggesting determinism. Now you're elaborating your determinism, but calling it a probability.
Dodo's and similar species existence are not surprising if they live in isolation.

>Plants and stuff can work. Resurrecting a dinosaur is impossible because the earth was much tropical that allowed them and giant insects to grow as big as they did.
Raptors should be fine. You should be able to extract the DNA from modern birds as well. They would make good pets.

The following sentence does refute the point.

Cloning Neanderthals when?

>Your choice of word was "prolonged". I.e. suggesting determinism
Christ, you're insufferable. God forbid I explain the unlikelihood of an event through the use of hyperbole.

>Dodo's and similar species existence are not surprising if they live in isolation
No disagreement there.

But being in isolation severely reduces genepool size and adaptability, which is why it's surprising that birds of their size survived isolated as long as they did.

>The following sentence does refute the point.
He wasn't responding to the thread in general.
He was responding to a different post. The context changed.

No, because these people are using the word dinosaur incorrectly. Birds are dinosaurs. That's a fact.

What would a Dino burger taste like?

remaining humans continually evolve under the selective pressure, White race is re-evolved to take back the planet.

>Man - Dinosaur war
>mfw Australia can't handle a couple hundred gallimimuses and they crash all their transport trying to drive-by them

If you've ever eaten a burger with bird meat, then you know the answer.

>Christ, you're insufferable. God forbid I explain the unlikelihood of an event through the use of hyperbole.
But you didn't, you were just using determinism to understand an event. But you do seem to understand what I'm conveying to you here.

>But being in isolation severely reduces genepool size and adaptability, which is why it's surprising that birds of their size survived isolated as long as they did.
Again, you seem to get my point, but then you "determinism" it all way again.
It's no surprise that species in isolation don't die off. The environment was obviously stable for Dodo's until Man arrived.

>Birds are dinosaurs. That's a fact.
It isn't. Birds and their previous "forms" went separate ways long ago.
Might be a stretch of an analogy, but since you're an American, and most Americans are of British descent, using your logic, you're still an Englishmen/Irish/Scot/Welsh. But you're not, are you?

Extinct species

Like men?

Show me a bird with three holes in its skull.

dinosaurs, were they to be remade, would not be able to survive outside of highly oxygenated environments, as they existed during a time that earth's atmosphere had a much higher o2 ratio, as such their respitory systems would be woefully unadapted to modern oxygen levels. it would be like if we tried to breath at Mt Everest summit areas unassisted.

the only way to get dinosaurs that won't keel over dead of asphyxiation would be to make them in pygmy size versions. though granted, if they grow up in modern o2 levels, their growth might just be stunted where this simply occurs on its own. in effect. a T-Rex would have to be much much smaller. most dinos would likely top out at the masses of big Gators and scale down from there. and even then, they'd like be more sluggish than their hyperoxygenated ancestors.

I.e. they'd be expensive as fuck, but probably not anymore dangerous than a gator or Komodo dragon

so yeah, not very worried.

Species from the last few thousand years? Sure. Millions of years, tens of millions, or hundreds of millions? Nope.

If you guys can't even kill a few emus without crashing a truck how the do you think you're going to do against their bigger, meaner cousins?

This is science, you cunt. Of course I'm explaining an event through inductive reasoning. Why are you stating the obvious?

>It isn't. Birds and their previous "forms" went separate ways long ago.
Educate yourself on how clades operate. Monophyletics, the standard by which most taxonomists abide, asserts that a clade includes the parent species and ALL its descendants.

Birds evolved from dinosaurs.
Monophyletics therefore establishes that birds are dinosaurs.
Deal with it.

One HUGE issue you'd have, assuming you brought back species that could breath our atmosphere, is the fact that their immune systems wouldn't be able to adapt. Sure at first most of the bacteria and viruses probably wouldn't effect them, however the bacteria would adapt far more quickly than animals or plants being brought back.

I meant last few thousand to few hundred thousand.

>This is science, you cunt.
Determinism isn't science, it's a shitty dogma, you burger.

>clade includes the parent species and ALL its descendants.
Parents aren't their offspring, given enough time, great-great-great grandparents look nothing like their descendants and we get a different clade. Birds are quite possibly the descendants of dinosaurs, but birds are not dinosaurs since dinosaurs are extinct. It's all a game of semantics, though. Since for example, an ostrich isn't a T-rex, but they do bear similarities.

>but birds are not dinosaurs since dinosaurs are extinct.
This isn't a discussion or an argument.

This is me literally telling you the words you need to know and understand because you're wildly ignorant on it, and you persisting under this false notion that you're as informed as I am on this topic.

Educate yourself.

correction, i was basing my post off of incomplete info. yes oxygen levels reached higher levels back then, however it seems newer research implies that oxygen alone wasn't wholly responsible, though it did play a role. you might conceivably get a large Dino up to elephant size before running into problems.

So that we could learn from the fossil record and advance our society by attempting to resurrect dead species.

>>but birds are not dinosaurs since dinosaurs are extinct.
>This isn't a discussion or an argument.
According to you, since you don't want to continue this, that much is obvious.

>you persisting under this false notion that you're as informed as I am on this topic.
No, I'm not. I don't think you're very informed at all.

>Educate yourself.
This is a precious gem, worth at least 40 keks. You and rabid feminists share this in common when met with an argumentative stalemate.

I'm not going to read your posts anymore.

Google monophyly.
Google clades.
Google phylogeny.

In these topics, you will find ample explanation as to why the scientific community has agreed that aves belongs in the clade of reptilia.
This is not a discussion.
This is a lecture.
Learn the terms.
Use them appropriately.

You're shifting the goal post. :^)
Now you're talking about things we were not discussing. Birds - are not dinosaurs.

>Dinosaurs isn't exactly a species. They're a clade.
This is not a discussion.
This is a lecture.
Learn the terms.
Use them appropriately.

Birds are dinosaurs