Is he the next Kubrick?

Is he the next Kubrick?

No, he's pure autism

>not Nolan

God I love this director. Terrence Malick, Park Chan-wook, Stanley Kubrick, Christoper Nolan, Lars Von Trier, and Nicolas Refn - they're the rebellious, visionary filmmakers. I find a big part of myself through their approach to making films. There's something about experiencing a film directed by a specific style — films that touch on symbolic and conceptual ideas that your subconscious makes its own interpretations.

literally who?

>>not Nolan

Kubrick is the exact opposite of Nolan he actually lets a movie tell a story visually rather than having two plus hours of constant exposition. Plz be shitposting.

>pure autism

Sounds like Kubrick to me

Nolan makes films. Great films, but films. Kubrick made kino. Refn makes kino. Nolan and Kubrick aren't really comparable.

Not even close, faggot.

Explain?

if anything Tarantino is Kubrick then.

He was EXTREMELY ANAL a clear sign of being on the spectrum

No, he's the next Jodorowsky

He would be if he made some more damn movies

this guy

This.

nope he is a meme tier director

Idk if this is pasta but I unironically agree (minus Nolan)

Nah, he's not anal enough

PTA is the closest to new Kubrick

>this thread

Don't even know where to begin. I won't. Feel free to reply angrily to this post.

Suggested criticisms:
-not an argument
-faggot
-pleb
-fuck off
-what do you like then?

he's the kanye west of films. i.e. a talentless cuck

I'm didn't seeThis sounds like it could be reasonably argued for.

No point comparing Nolan to Refn. Refn makes idiosyncratic films that are much smaller scale films that aren't expected to be hits

he has surpassed Kubrick a long time ago

>Nolan makes films
he used to make films. Now he makes flicks

Not an argument pleb faggot, fuck off.
What do you like anyway?

Nolan's never made a film, at best he's made movies

Such epic maymay XD
Have le potato

go to bed chris.

>no Bilge Ceylan

DROPPED

Refn is too divisive or cult to be the next Kubrick. Kubrick is universally loved by the masses - that have watched any of his films - whilst Refn has and probably always will be a divisive filmmaker.
I'd agree that he's the Kanye West of films, however I wouldn't say both are talentless hacks. They're both equally self indulgent and antagonistic, purposefully so, and on top of this I'd say they show a great amount of creativity and talent in their respective fields. Understandable why many wouldn't like them as they essentially jack themselves off just to see how people will react. However many, including myself, see a lot of poignancy and depth to their work.

>poignancy and depth
>to kanye west

I personally don't like Kanye West but I've had a lot of conversations with people who do. He's an interesting guy to look at, even though it's not to my taste, there's a clear method behind his music. Like everything something that is artistic to someone may be drivel to another.

his persona and production skills are about the extent of his art

refn is the death grips of film.

>has never heard a Kanye West album
>thinks he can have a valid opinion

I didn't know you were the authority on me

>movies where nothing happens
>"am I patrician yet?"
disappointedsydfield.png

After neon demon i am certain that this idiot has the gift.
He only needs to do something with big budget now and forever be marked in the history of cinema.

Refn is the Grimes of film

that's an insult to Refn

no