Now that cinematic universes and crossover movies are popular, do you think Disney could sell a Kingdom Hearts movie?

Now that cinematic universes and crossover movies are popular, do you think Disney could sell a Kingdom Hearts movie?

Would people watch it simply for the promise of a crossover between all their favorite Disney movies?

There's no possible way to explain that clusterfuck of a story within 2.5 hours

If you ignore everything that came before and after the first game, then sure.

SE went off the fucking deep end with Kingdom Hearts.

> Only play KH1 and KH2
> Go to wikipedia to read the story since then
> mfw

What even happens in the first one? I played it and got like halfway through and eventually dropped it. What was the plot again?

The evil shadow creatures are destroying all the Disney universes so the main kid has to use his keyblade to fuck them up? Isn't his silver haired actually some evil dude behind it all? Does he ever fuck his waifu?

What happens after the first game that's off the rails?

Sorry. I've wanted to find out the story to this series forever but been too lazy to play the games.

The evil shadow creatures under the control of disney villains are destroying all the Disney universes so the main kid has to use his keyblade to fuck them up. Riku joins up with the bad guys to save the girl, but it turns out he is being possesed by Ansem the Wise, and then there is a final boss fight.

The next 5 odd games are all around the same plot, which was told so poorly in 2 that it needed it all explained.

The BBS add prequel back story.

3 people living in the same body
Time travel
People callin themselves with other people's names
A prophecy
Computer simulations
People dreamin with other people dreamin
13 people that are the same person

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

Thanks.

Sounds kind of confusing, family.

The fanbase is literally the worst thing about it.

>hurrr durrr its all canon
>it all makes sense
>follow the right timeline

No. Fuck you. The inly good games in that trash series were

Kingdom Hearts
>the original
>cute story with basic heroes journey shit
>an ending that would lead to him looking for riku
>fun gameplay-wise but shit camera

Chain of memories
>cool side story that links into the events of 2
>introduces an evil group of original characters
>interesting premise of sora progressively losing his memories
>get to play as riku and see his character develope into the most well developed character of the series
>gameplay is hit or miss for some people, but once you got it down the game was easy (fuck dark riku)

Kingdom Hearts 2
>fun gameplay if you dont mash on triangle with every prompt for easy mode
>the story feels like it wraps shit up(excluding secret ending)
>tutorial was worse than destiny island, but it introduced me to yet another character far more interesting than sora that i would rather play as (roxas)

Birth by sleep
>probably the best gameplay-wise
>cool concept for a prequel to the series, but the story eventually asks more questions than it answers

All the other games are shit with maybe the exception of Dream Dropped Distance

Terra, Ventus and Aqua are three keyblade users. Ventus is split in two by an evil Spock called Xehanortt to create Vanitas. Terra then gives his keyblade to Riku for no reason. Xehanort then possesses Terra, and is split in two to create a Heartless who impersonates Ansem the Wise for no reason and begins trying to create kingdom hearts, and a Nobody called Xemnas who creates organization XIII and tries to create an artifical kingdom hearts.

Ventus is then sealed inside Sora, who then gets a keyblade and goes off to stop "ansem", after Kairi is split two. while Riku gets possessed by him. Towards the end of the game, Sora himself is split in two, into Sora, and a Nobody called Roxas. Roxas then joins organisation XIII and becomes the gay lover of some red haired faggot

After victory over the Fake Ansem, Sora finds himself in a castle controlled by organisation XIII, where half of Kairi lives, now called Namine. She fucks around with his memories and eventually merges him with Roxas again.

Sora then kills xemnas

it COULD work, but realistically speaking we'd never get a true kingdom hearts movie. the story of the series is way too complicated for the general audience to understand, it would end up being dumbed down to fuck so they could grasp it. and disney would shit on it, as per.

this leads us to the latest game, where Sora and Riku go into an adventure inside dreams, where they are confronted by a time traveling Xehanort who is manipulating events to create 13 versions of himself.

He his defeated, but it is revealed that killing both "Ansem" and Xemnas just brought back Xehanort. Thus setting the stage for the final game in the series.

This story was written by an adult man, and it took seven games and 15 years to tell.

Is Nomura, dare I say it, a hack?

Jesus Christ.

WHY COULDN'T HE JUST KEEP THE WEEABO SHIT SIMPLE AND TO A MINIMUM AND FOCUS ON THE COMFY FUCKING DISNEY ASPECTS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>tutorial worse than destiny island
No fucking way. 2's tutorial at least had mini-games and quests if I remember right, the first one never fucking ended and had the unskippable babby's first anime philosophy shoved down your throat

They'll make a KH movie about 10 years after the last game comes out and nobody remembers it and the kids who played the games are too old to care and the kids in the age group the film is aimed at have no interest

I've played every single KH game so far and I never had any difficulty following the story until Dream Drop Distance introduced Young Xehanort and his time travel shit.

Xehanort can travel backwards in time but has to leave his body behind, so he convinces a younger version of himself to gather several different versions of himself, even though he shouldn't be able to do that any more than Old Xehanort can. Then he meets them throughout his own lifetime, which makes no sense because he still can't travel forward in time so how's he going to be in the same place as himself at the same time?

Once it's all said and done with, I still don't get what Young Xehanort hoped to accomplish because all of these other Xehanorts would have to go back to their own times whether they succeeded or not.

Friendly reminder that the Kingdom Hearts fanbase is roughly 100x more autistic than Sonic & Minecraft combined

Wait a second, there are seven Kingdom Hearts games? What the fuck? I thought there were 1, 2, and we're waiting on 3, meanwhile 1 and 2 had Rebuilds like Eva did with the games 1.5 and 2.5?

What the fuck is going on?

1.5 and 2.5 are HD remasters of 1 and 2, but they also have all of the shitty portable spinoff games that are still story critical.

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

Chronologically:
Birth By Sleep
I
Chain of Memories
358/2 Days (Beginning overlaps with Chain of Memories)
II
coded
Dream Drop Distance

out of those, all are very important storywise, maybe except Coded. 358/2 Days is very helpful in understanding II's story