2015 was a mistake

Was this the only good movie in 2015?

It can't be...surely I just missed some, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt/?year=2015
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this and fury road yes

OP here. Forgot about Mad Max.

Right.

>Inherent Vice
>Macbeth
>Carol

A wolf at the door
Spotlight
Carol big short
45 years
Mistress America
Anomalisa

2016 soon will outshine 2015 as the worst year ever.

2015 was the worst year ever, everything happened so fast I can't even remember it. It's looks like we jump out from 14 to 16

Sicario was IMDBcore 2bh.

"Based" Deakins and "based" Villeneuve are reliable red flags for knowing that a movie belongs on the trash pile. Another Sup Forumseddit middlebrow "classic".

I'm getting worried creative freedom doesn't exist anymore. It's too easy to offend a critic.

MOTY coming through

Spotlight
Black Mass
The Gift
The Lobster

>middlebrow

Not as good as black hat

>>Inherent Vice
>>Macbeth
no

>A wolf at the door
>Spotlight
>Anomalisa
kinda mediocre really

Pretty average film, you barely get attached to any of the characters and the story was standard af. Cinematography was good tho and the throat/whistle thing was pretty cool desu.

blackhat was dogshit

OP here. Sicario wasn't great, just good enough/watchable. The sad part is that there's not much else from 2015.
But I don't watch movies that much nowadays, so feel free to correct me.

>Black Mass

There's nothing left to it outside Depp's performance.

Fuck, was 2015 this bad?

It was a simple story, but the characters were much more likeable than Sicario.

You forgot The Big Short and Ant-Man

Son of Saul best movie of 2015(watch it)

I boycott all holocaust films because I find them to be offensively deceptive. I'm no stranger to enjoying fiction but fiction presented as fact? Get out of here. I don't care how good the cinematography and acting is, if it's used in service of spreading a lie then I can not support it.

The Revenant
Hateful eight
Mad Max
Sicario
The Martian
Mission Imposible

and uhhh The Meme Awakens

I disagree, even when they spent time establishing Jack from Lost as this stone cold bad motherfucker and he just ended up seeming like a dickhead. Patrick Wilson was kind of alright in that department because of the whole muhwife thing but other than that, it's pretty empty with a good packaging. I don't like to be patronised but fucking hell, a bit of background doesn't hurt.

Macbeth was amazing, go kys you faggot.

>the holocaust didn't happen
You've been to Sup Forums I see.

It Follows
What We do in the Shadows
Fury Road
Selma
Inside Out
The Lobster
Room
Creed

The Big Short was comfy enough. Didn't look very realistic/accurate, though.

Ant-Man looks like a generic family movie, not sure if I should bother with it.

I got bored of it about 30 minutes in. Does it get better?

>The Revenant
meh
>Hateful eight
garbage
>Mad Max
>Sicario
yes
>The Martian
no
>Mission Imposible
generic flick tier

0/10 not even mad

>The Martian
>Mission Imposible
This is the sound of the barrel being scraped.

Even the "good" movies you listed are ultimately fairly shit. Like The Revenant and The Hateful Eight have a lot onscreen to appreciate but when taken as a whole they're basically a waste of time.

dismissing a movie because it doesnt fit your agenda?

I bet you get mad when SJWs do the same thing

You're just going to keep playing your Sup Forums strawman card as a catch all retort to anybody who says something you don't like?

It wasn't a bad year for popcorn flicks desu
Age of ultron
Furios 7
Jurassic World
Mad Max
The martian
Mission Imposible
Ant-Man

Hateful Eight
Bone Tomahawk
Sicario
Turbo Kid
Mad Max
Ex Machina
What We Do in the Shadows

My agenda is truth and honor. Their agenda is the destruction of all truth and honor. The problem isn't that it doesn't overtly support my agenda, it's that it's made purely as propaganda with the end goal of destroying my race. This film was only made in order to decieve.

Half are from 2014 and the others are mediocre, except maybe Room. But that one is a feels-bait.

>tfw only rating 3 movies 8/10 in 2015
>best movie in 2016 is only a 7/10

this is going terrible.

Ah, the old false equivalency. This only works on liberals, you're talking to a Holocaust denier, of course he doesn't think like that.

Here we have IMDB with a hint of reddit.

The Witch

rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt/?year=2015

Why do people praise a 2 he explosion filled chase scene? That movie sucked

SJWs also shout false equivalency to dismiss the fact that they hold double standards and hypocritical beliefs

But its different when do it, right?

What do you like, OP? You sound like a depressed cunt.

IMHO The Revenant was just 2.5 hours of beautiful looking nature documentary.

>Why do people praise a 2 he explosion filled chase scene?
Sup Forumsedditdoras - "muh practical effects"
Critics - "muh feminist subtext"

no it didnt

You missed Guy Maddin's The Forbidden Room.

>Werewolves not Swearwolves

You never admit to enjoying things.

It's like a exposing a weakness.

Oh no, user didn't validate my opinions. Now I'll have to kill myself.

you're the kind of guy who would LOVE capeshit if people would hate it

"muh two sides of the same coin" doesn't work when one side is demonstrably fighting for good and the other is demonstrably fighting for the murder of "good".

HOLA REDDITO SENIORA

From my perspective, the holocaust deniers are evil

Erm... no, I have no idea what point you think you're making. Repeatedly saying 'you're both the same, you people who believe stuff strongly' doesn't work on anyone but your fellow smugly gutless moderates. Saying it to a fucking Holocaust denier - a committed fan of Adolf Hitler - will have no useful effect in a conversation unless all you want to do is stroke yourself.

>It wasn't a bad year for popcorn flicks desu

I think that's part of what OP is getting at. The highlights of the year were all disposeable popcorn fare

IT WASNT THAT GOOD

I WATCHED THIS SHIT CUZ YALL BEING LIKE 'OPERATORKINO'

and all i got was some lame ass calm quiet guy with a gun and overwhelmed girl = DA REAL WORLD edgecore

mary sue out the wazoo

the boondock saints for college kids

Sunset Song.

If capeshit worked to be hated by audiences rather than pandered to them then it would be completely valid to respect it.

The problem with capeshit isn't that people just so happen to like them, it's that they're built from the ground up to be enjoyed.

This is silly. It's the kind of enjoyment. Enjoyment itself is not pleb - art cinema's pleasures are demanding, but still pleasures.

But the facts prove that the holocast was a lie. And the only refutation anybody has ever made for my faces is "but my feelings".

>neo/tv/ the post
fuck this board

Its over user, I have the high ground

>Enjoyment itself is not pleb
Wrong.

Entertainment is inherently degenerate and poisonous. It's the Jewish method to keep the white race distracted and docile.

Get fucked, I've posted here for hours almost every day since 2009.

Pleb-"kino"

gimmick/10

Go fuck yourself, poser.

2015 was okay. So far in 2016 there has been nothing but dogshit. Just fucking terrible films all around.

Is cinema dying?

>I've posted here for hours almost every day since 2009.
You realize than Sup Forums had been around for nearly 6 years before that.

You're part of neo-Sup Forums.

>Selma
>Paddington
>What We Do in the Shadows
>Chappie
>Kumiko, The Treasure Hunter
>Inside Out
>Minions
>The Gift
>Straight Outta Compton
>Secret in their Eyes
>Krampus
>Chi-Raq
>In the Heart of the Sea
>The Hateful Eight

Looks like a lot of good movies came out in 2015, OP.

Fury Road sucked.

This is silly. Art cinema is meant to be enjoyable. If you're experiencing it as a chore, you're not quite ready to properly appreciate it yet. Keep watching, it'll come!

Well whatever 7 years here makes me, I'm more sophisticated about cinema than anybody who still has the wool pulled over their eyes by the "enjoyment" meme.

This is on netflix right now.

No, you just need to pay more attention to real cinema and stop waiting for Hollywood and off-Hollywood to improve.

Art is only valid when it works as a means of uncompromising punishment exacted upon an audience. Anything else is worthless masturbation. The quality of a work of art is counted by the number of teeth littering the rows of cinema seats, the number of bones broken.

The number of video game player suicides.

Neon Bull is probably the best film of the decade.

>no one mentions best movie of 2015 Trumbo

You're all plebs.

Post a picture of yourself.

You realize that Sup Forums wasn't there at the start?

You realize that at this point there's clearly been a further shift from where we were in 2009? 2009 was pre-Sup Forums and pre-'cuck'.

no love for Verhoeven?

Ah, good, you are joking, I hoped so!

I can't even tell if this is b8 or not.

>this is what Sup Forums actually believes

Never been to Sup Forums leftist cuck. Build a new strawman.

Did this movie even have a soundtrack? That dragged it down for me

You missed Sunset Song.

shit level bait, are you even trying?

>he's never been to Sup Forums

The Peanuts Movie is really the only movie I liked a lot.
I also enjoyed Mad Max and Green Room (if it counts as 2015) to some extent.

There's a difference between denying holocaust and saying that something isn't objectively portrayed.
I've yet to see Hollywood treat WW2/Jews with any kind of objectivity.

I don't even expect that though, winners write history and Jews run Hollywood.

>My agenda is truth and honor

what an embarrassing thing to say to other people

I've only seen Robocop

Then whats the point of getting mad?

Are you honestly so insecure that you can't appreciate something for its artistry or aesthetic value, unless its validating you every step of the way?

Caught me completely by surprise. It's a genre film and it's not going to evolve your mind, but it's got all the hallmarks of a cult classic from the 80s.

It's just damn well made and seems to have slipped a lot of people by.

Please stop ruining the thread with this Polyanna crap, of course a Holocaust denier is not going to enjoy seeing a Holocaust movie, and is right to avoid it. Your posts are for nothing, benefiting nothing.

What we do in the shadows
Brooklyn
The Revenant
Sicario

It wasn't a great year but I don't think it's below average

I was wrong to violate his safe space.

I'll try to be more considerate in the future.

>Son of Saul best movie of 2015(watch it)

It's probably the best the Holocaust Movie genre has to offer. I say that as a Sup Forumsack.

It's kind of funny how it's such an established track in cinema now. Easy way to make sure you get good ratings and a lot of awards.

Anyway the real revolutionary move in the movie is the change in perspective, keeping tight closeups mostly on the main character to the point it gets claustrophobic, and having the camera act like an incidental bystander, letting a lot of action just happen in the background, instead of getting the shots properly framed and set up. A technique used effectively in Children Of Men as well.

They also strayed from a complete Star Wars narrative of good versus evil, as is common, but instead focused on the moral grey area of the collaborators that fueled the Holocaust and did the actual dirtywork. Saul seems detached and uncaring about much of anything of what is going on, apart from the main plot point of the movie. And upon that rests all the possible redemptive qualities in the movie as well.

It's just a razor's edge if that works for you, or just becomes boring due to the narrative style and the unlike-ability of the main character.

*tips stahlhelm*