/daily/ - Sonemic Lunch Edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wwOipTXvNNo
sonemic.com/@smurmelade/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/Zolo/
youtube.com/watch?v=EpjIgQIQXXY
youtube.com/watch?v=fe8qRj12OhY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that's a cute cucumber

this is quite a picture mr letov

sonemic more like terrible

>63 Jazz ratings
what's this dumb fuck site up to

no lists on the profile page :S

exposed uo dont listen to jazz at all

how do i make the genre clouds

Hmmmmmm

WHERE is my Outsider House tag W T F

all this time I thought I was listening to jazz but it's this video I've been listening to all these years
youtube.com/watch?v=wwOipTXvNNo
again, go to collection and then click show statistics

It's for releases where a flat "Jazz" is primary instead of something more specific, I think

truly majestic...

collection --> statistics

Hmm...

on a side note, they genuinely could not have picked a worse possible color scheme for this display thing.

Cigarette vomit brown. Very nice.

>dark theme everytime
ha

it's 3:45 am
(also I want it dark as my soul)

This misrepresents my taste so much

tfw gonna have to grind my favorite genres for a year until i have reached the perfect cloud

Wew the psychedelic pop ratings and neo-psychedelia just proves they are bad genres

it's supposed to mean "you are listening to too many dead genres"
just look at all my reds :)

coming in future

>he's not a light themed futurist celebrating Christmas

forgot trip

reposting mine for replies

>nu-metal
>CCM
>Salsa
>Grime
>no neoclassical darkwave in sight

I like this. I like this a lot.

I think I might like sonemic.

(Will post recent listens in a minute)

Dam you are #WOKE

What's Zolo?

Are we fishing for (You)s again?

Goofy japanese dudes

friggin' heck Dogwander's nose makes literally every album cover I put it on at least 100x better.

thanks lads

ive listened to a single grime album

>can't see compatibility list

report back if u >70% @ sonemic.com/@smurmelade/ and win a special prize

do u like rock

whoooaaaa has anyone seen this custom rating system

YOU CAN RATE ON A 100 POINT SCALE LMAO

rateyourmusic.com/genre/Zolo/
good description here
one of my most favorite music styles

i don't know if sonemic is designed bad or if i'm just super used to normal RYM but i fucking hate it

wow

no we're not

59% rip

new levels of autism are possible

Ok

nah it's pretty bad, rym is a lot less busy lookin

>report back if u >70% @ sonemic.com/@smurmelade/ and win a special prize
FUCK.

i have less than 5 ratings for each of those genres

this is retarded

If you can't see your curve on your profile, try adding some things to your collection.

Also, Glitchwave appears to work as well. I don't know about Cinemos.

that looks like vomit lol

Now I can precisely give the ratings I know an album deserves!

>Indie rock, neo psych, sludge, alternative rock. pop rock
ah yes my favorite genres

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>If you can't see your curve on your profile, try adding some things to your collection.
yeah that didn't work
>Also, Glitchwave appears to work as well.
having the same problems on glitchwave that I am on sonemic

still haven't started join my tourn pls i want this to be a marathon

btw is there still a way to view your compatibility list on sonemic?

what do you mean by adding things to your collection? like, the i own this thing?

this is what mine looks like rn. its empty but my friend's profiles are all fleshed out... hmm

did you only make that account recently?

>first to follow an avant-teen artist
How cool does this make me on a 100 point rating system?

Yeah, it seems to be appearing for people who have things listed as being in their Vinyl/Cassette/etc. collections. Not sure why they're focusing more on collections than ratings this time around, Discogs is much better for that.

yeah its a pretty new one like three weeks old

Post genres and descriptors if you can see them

>oldest comments on top
ewww

maybe the snapshot misses out recent accs idk. your shit should be there if you had it before july 14th or whatever the date was

ur scary

interesting

where you find this

glitchwave still continues to barely work at all for me, sonemic too

Ok let's try it again

Dubs decides my next album to hear.
You can contest for a non-listened album and a listened album.

that makes sense except i just checked and i made that profile on june 16th
sharifi pls help

its on your profile's main page although i think you and i's arent working correctly and we cant see them

>Russkoe Pole Eksperimentov is the number 6 post-punk song of all time
gnarly

If you can't see the music collection box on your profile you can't see it

>rock bottom
>singer-songwriter
mmmm

I vote for the one under Symphonic, personally.

How did you like Future Passed?

this is nice

Sonemic is confusing the fuck out of me right now, what is this? Gonna be hard to get used to it if it ever launches

i feel the same although it might just be that im so used to using rym at this point
rym is really easy to use
sonemic seems very cluttered and smushed

Subjectively saying Forever Afternoon & Nights in White Satin are fantastic songs, the rest is okay.

It's not that bad, just new. It's also buggy but that's to be expected

It does suffer from way too much whitespace tho. Easily the worst part of modern web design

join

Just found some hot reviews I hadn't posted yet

Also considering posting some reviews of the D.L.I.M.C. cassingles because I've been listening to those non-stop for like a month now, but I'm not liking how those reviews turned out. Instead I'm trying to transcribe all the lyrics, which is really difficult. Anyway

Dedekind Cut - $uccessor (2016)
>Ambient, Industrial
Ok that was kind of cool I guess? I'm probably not going to relisten ever. Not sure what all the hype is about. Maybe decades from now when Dean Blunt was the most important artist of the 2010s, I'll look like an idiot for not revelling in this kind of generic post-internet, pseudo-ambient bullshit.
>4/10

wait I may have already posted this actually, idk

the look of the rating wheel sucks

what do

yeah, I read this few days ago...

Not a big fan of the new design desu

how do i make the signup work? it just loops endlessly on that animation after filling everything out

>Chanson Pop + Wall of Sound
I like that
youtube.com/watch?v=EpjIgQIQXXY

DJ Screw - The Legend

If you want a sense of this guy's style and accomplishments, this is a hell of a comp. It's almost 3 hours long and as a result it feels overdone - but there's some definite jams in the mix. There's at least three or four tracks that could easily be cut, notably the interviews and extended shoutouts (why the fuck is one 13 minutes??) but it's kind of endearing to hear Houston rappers come together and sing their praise. Plus it has a bomb cover.

4/5

Lil Flip - The Leprechaun

Flip apparently became a big name within the SUC at a really young age for his freestyling skills. At only 18 he came out with this debut which is -- 100 fucking minutes long. He spends most of the album bragging about his status as the "freestyle king" but it's apparent that he can't make a studio song for shit. Every third song is a total dud and the solid tracks are easily outshone by a number of Houston releases out there. This is 90s hip-hop excess at its peak. I got about an hour into this and realized I had 12 tracks left. And by the time I got to "Candycars" which features literally more than a guest a minute, I actually shut it off.

Could have been something decent but it's so cram packed with filler and tropes that only a fraction of his talent shines through.

A couple of fun tracks though.

2/5

just rec anything for now, and there's no set amount of people knocked out, get a 3+/5 and you're through, i might add restrictions for later rounds

yeah sorry, had a sneaking suspicion. don't think I've posted this one yet tho:

Mount Eerie - A Crow Looked at Me (2017)
>Singer/Songwriter, Contemporary Folk
At times vaguely genuinely heartstring-tugging, but generally ham-fisted—I feel like Phil is better than this. The lyrics just don't really connect—combined with the music, in my opinion, they don't convey emotion all that well, least of all loss and sadness, especially compared to his previous material. This is virtually incomparable to the dark mystery and pure emotional drainage of 03's "Mount Eerie," ...in my mind a more engaging portrait of death. In fact, I'd go as far as to say the two offer very conflicting portraits of death. I don't just feel like, I know Phil is better than this.

If this music is to help himself in his recovery, then that's fine, but why make a weak popular music-oriented effort of it if he really didn't have anything emminently important to say? And why do I have to feel sad if he's hardly trying to make me feel sad? And why is he touring? While I'm not entirely comfortable bringing someone's artistic integrity into question, to be fair, Phil invited it with the meta-commentary at the beginning of the album, and further begged the question with the subsequent collection of lackluster songs running through the motions of repeating the same few lyrics, melodies, and motifs.

And this may be a particularly insensitive thing to say, possibly totally missing the point... but Phil could've just recorded and released a chair creaking for an hour, skipped this whole touring business, and retreated into his home to never be seen again--and he would've gotten similar feedback from fans and critics. And if he's releasing this then he's obviously looking for some response? Not sure where I'm going with this particular train of thought, but it's worth discussing I guess...

Lame-ish music and guilted critics abound.
>5-/10

Coneheads - Canadian Cone

JAY-Z - 4:44 (2017)
>east coast hip hop

Considering that I'm not even that big on The Blueprint, I'm /really/ not feeling this. No I.D.'s production is okay, certainily the highlight of the album even though it's obvious that he's phoning it in. His beats have no power to them whatsoever, they float around in the background and sometimes intrigue with a cool sample or two, yet they never stick out the way his beats stick out on albums like MBDTF or Summertime '06. Compared to Jay's performance, however, they're the best beats ever put to record. I don't even like Jay's rapping on what's considered his best work, so his lazy, half-assed performance here is probably one of the worst lead performances I've ever heard on a hip hop album. Some people surmise that he's trying out the monotone style that's popular today with rappers like Earl Sweatshirt and Vince Staples, I say that he's just bored out of his mind trying to be even remotely cool or hardcore twenty years past his prime. The braggadocio lyrics are awful as well, he manages to make a diss track against Kanye paint him as an absolute, total cunt more than anything else, and he certainly doesn't have a goddamn thing to say about class given his status. There's so much good conscious hip hop out there, avoid the album made by a past his prime rich dude.

fuck i really just don't like jay-z as a personality

nice

staying up listening to music to fix my sleeping pattern this'll surely work

i think i might have listened to this when you recd it a while a go, not sure tho

you also join

groovin'

le think

good choice, fuck knows why i've not listened to it already

C.C.T.V. - Quiet
?

def not heard that one, but i'll try the other one anyway

k in

is this music halal

no it's disco

o-oh...
you don't happen to have some halal music, do you?

youtube.com/watch?v=fe8qRj12OhY
? halal enuf ?

الحمد لله

Do you want some ISIS nasheeds or something?

>Sonemic is doing the following shit too
wew lad

and wtf there are some genres here that I barely even have ratings for hmmm

knew you'd like it

any restrictions yet for next round?
You have an commonality of 62.11% for music (62.04% overall).
Emo Indie Rock Neo-Psychedelia Psychedelic Rock Alternative Rock Power Electronics New Wave Pop Rock Progressive Rock Hardcore Punk Indie Pop Psychedelia Techno Noise Dance Chamber Folk Electronic Dance Music Electronic Jazz-Funk Krautrock Punk Rock Ambient Pop Brazilian music Black Metal Industrial Wall of Sound rain quirky suicide sarcastic spring summer nature protest breakup autumn sampling sexual longing futuristic existential seasonal satirical rebellious bittersweet drugs humorous winter happy playful abstract
jeez

not doing that for sure
>tfw realize I forgot to listen to jim's listenalong after getting back from the beach

can I do it later

im no terrorist though they have some ok tunes

"im [...] terrorist but they [...] ok"
-s on ISIS

shit I've been found out

Couldn't agree more. Jay sounds lazy as ever, his voice is slowly fading and No ID somehow sucks after a shockingly consistent career. This is coming from a Jay fan too.

How this is getting so much praise is beyond me.