Shooting range question

Shooting range question.

So I want to go to a shooting range in my area in Souther California.

I tried googing this question but nothing comes up.

So if I go to a shooting range does my shotgun have to be in a case when I show up?

Can I show up with my shotgun out of a case and pay my fee and go shooting without any problems?

Or will they just tell me to fuck off and come back when your shit is in a case.

I usually go to the hills and go shooting but I never been to a range

Not sure about California but in general yeah you have to have a locked case to transport a gun anywhere

Ranges have different rules. States have different firearm transport rules too; Check both

whatever the rules are for transporting it likely apply to carrying it from automobile to shooting bench.

if no case is required, make sure the action is open...your finder is nowhere near the trigger...and it's pointed in a safe direction

>but in general yeah you have to have a locked case to transport a gun anywhere

That's...wrong. Even in california, only handguns are required to be transported in a locked case. Rifles/shotguns are not required to be in a case, or locked. Just unloaded.

Why don't you call the range to find out?

No, case your shotgun.

Even if it weren't the law to transport the firearm in a case (which it is in Cali, as well as almost all other non-'Murica states), it's just proper range etiquette.

Do you want to be at a range with morons doing stupid/careless shit with their firearms? Neither does anyone else. Don't be that guy.

Case it until you get to the firing bench.

in TX, long guns are required to be transported out in the open

Just get a cheap case. Why wouldn't you have a case? Do you just throw your gun in your car without a case? That's just...dumb. Protect your shit you retard.

>Even if it weren't the law to transport the firearm in a case (which it is in Cali, as well as almost all other non-'Murica states), it's just proper range etiquette.

I agree it's good etiquette, but you're wrong about California gun law. You do not need to transport a long gun in a case. Read California Penal Code section 25400.

I'm in SoCal. Currently living in the Inland empire. Go to google/yelp/trip advisor and type in "shooting range" and any shooting range in your area should pop up. I suggest going in there once to just check it out. Read the rules posted, warning signs and get yourself familiarized. Price check on ammo (the shooting range I go to has specific rules on ammo type because it's indoors. If it's an outdoor shooting range, rules may differ). You gun HAS TO BE in a case. It's California dude. But you can still ask them the first time you go to check it out.

>You gun HAS TO BE in a case

Per the range rules, sure. Not per CA law. Only handguns are required to be transported in a locked case per state law.

Every range in socal I have been to requires a case. Some places see you come in with a firearm out in the open loaded or not all people behind counter will then pull their loaded firearms out and point them at you until they determined you are or are not a threat.

It is against the law to brandish a firearm here in the cities so that is another part you need to worry about just taking from the parking lot depending on where you go if it is private or public.

Lastly most indoor ranges in socal are pistol ammunition only so .22lr is okay at some. I have been to 4 ranges in SoCal in Inland Empire and orange county not one has allowed shotguns.

secondly gun cases can be picked up at walmart for about $10 bucks just get one anyways it makes everyone around you feel better when it has a case.

What are they afraid of? Someone showing up and popping off +p or +p+ rounds? For Christ's sake who would waste that ammo and the condition of their gun?

Most places would prefer a case and may or may not have a fee. No one will think your an idiot showing up with one.

Makes it much easier to get into the school that way.

lol cali is a shithole

The safe bet is to case it but ranges differ. I would call and ask.

At the range I go to, I carry in my CC in its holster. Long guns I bring a case.

Although check, some ranges don't allow shotguns.

Wrong... Texas is open carry with pistol (with ccp) and long guns HOWEVER you can't have a long gun in the car OUT of the case with the mag and rifle in the same spot. i.e. rifle in front mags in back etc.

Regulated range? absoulutely get a case. otherwise A: they will probably tell you to leave, and B: might consider it a threat because there will be signs saying "all firearms must be secured before entering the range"

Then they pretty much will tell you not to take it out of the case until it's in your lane and you're ready to load it. The people should be able to give you advice without demeaning you, but get a case regardless.

lol texas is retarded, should let mexico have it back

Strap that thing on your back, loaded, like a real American. You fucking fag

cali isnt real america

o....k......

yes you need a case and it should be transported unloaded and locked in said case in the back of your car.

u mad

They are American and they better start acting like it

don't even live in cali, I just find your arrogance annoying

OP here. I would have to agree with that.

I love California but our laws are absolute shit.

i never said u did, but you are retarded enough to.

>/k/

this times 9001

Uhh no, more like some dude with a mauser and surplus nickel plated ball ammo putting holes in the walls

you should probably bring it in the case anyways

gun sock at minimum

this

"Pursuant toCaliforniaPenal Code section 25610, a United States citizen over 18 years of age who is not prohibited fromfirearmpossession, and who resides or is temporarily inCalifornia, maytransportby motor vehicle any handgun provided it is unloaded and locked in the vehicle's trunk or in a locked container."

I don't like the hassle that comes with it out of case. I prefer hard-shell or gun sock cause people will immediately draw theirs and you'll probably be killed over going to the range.

Pick yourself up a 10 dollar gunsock at bass pro or one of them plastic cases. It's worth it both to protect the gun, and to avoid unneeded drama while going to the range.

No California is very strict on this. While the gun needs to be in your trunk unloaded do not put it in a case. It's then considered a concealed weapon. Carry it from your car to the desk at the range let the person in charge look straight down the barrel to ensure the weapon is unloaded.

BS Magnum in Corona allows Shotguns loaded with most shot just not 00 buck or slugs. But your gun does need to be in a case.

this, cali is the land of fags and hillary voting trash

Call and ask them. The location your trying to go to should definitely supply you with the answers you're looking for.

U want ur shit in a case/bag unloaded , with the lock on if ur new to the joint

Once u become a regular u can be more liberal with ur shit

Also u want a trap n skeet range most shooting ranges will not allow shotguns or make u buy slug rounds

The proper way to enter a range is to point the gun as you enter the door. This will show the guys behind the counter your firearm is safe when they inspect it.

dont forget the ski mask

>Warning !!
>Shotguns May cause Cancer in the state of California.

???

call them and ask nigger

u going to LA crest?