Does Sup Forums invest in stocks, bonds, etc.?

Does Sup Forums invest in stocks, bonds, etc.?

If not, why? Every successful white man has owned shares in publicly traded companies.

>If not, why?
Because, like going to a doctor, I have no idea HOW to do it.

Me too, mate.
All looks like indecipherable gibberish to me.

...and I've been a long-term reader of the Economist. It still doesn't make fucking sense to me! Fuck!

No, I mean I don't know HOW to do it. I've got some money, right? I'm holding it in my hand.

Now what?

go online to a brokerage firm and start an account

Stocks are not for making money, they are for holding wealth. If you go into stocks that should invest with that in mind. Even then, there are better ways to store your wealth.

There's more pressure to do it in the USA because your saving options are fucking dogshit.

The best rate you can get on an account is 1% or like 2% on a government bond and you can't even take the money out... and you're charged to take anything out of an ATM.

In the UK you can easily get a savings account with 6% interest and there is a government backed tax-free bank account (not tax-deffered but tax-free) account that comes with 25% interest a year.

also start with a free "playmoney" account for practice

you don't really need to its just gambling with a tiny bit of skill

Open an account on etrade. Wire money from your bank account to your brokerage. Enter ticket symbol into search bar. Click buy shares and enter amount. You now own shares of company x.

Ill be nice and tell you how to make 50% or more in a bullish or bear market. Put all your money into a 3x etf that mimics the nyse.

I don't have enough disposable monies saved up to start trading. I was under the impression you need a certain amount of funds in your account before any brokerage will allow you to trade.

Analogy:
>you are at a pulled pork festival with dozens of operators competing for a best in show pulled pork roll ribbon
>you line up at something that looks good but the line is very long so you wait a while
>a hungry guy offers you $10 for your position in the line and you accept
>you give another guy $5 for his position in a smaller line of another stall because he mentions he wants a beer
>this way you can make money without even buying a pulled pork roll or knowing what they taste like, you just have to judge the needs and wants of the people lining up

>read about companies and upcoming technology
>develop opinions about companies
>place your bets on the companies you think will do well based on your research
>make money maybe

It's fairly pointless investing $200 in even something like a mutual fund because there are quite hefty fees that would probably cancel out any profit.

To recieve a margin loan you need a set amount if money in your account. Thats different.

Soon when I actually have a job and money
Gotta use that kike power

Allow me to rephrase: I live hand to mouth in a very small new england city making ~40k a year. I don't have enough to invest in any direction.

Anyone have an opinion on Direct Stock Purchasing? Was recently recommended it by a professor and I am wondering how it measures up as a strategy.

>I think stock trading is like gambling
Retard alert

Its really pointless people
Its almost same as playing with lottery.
Some people win big time and then you have impression you could too. But reality is different.
Just remember if you share profits with 100000 other investors its not much you can do if you aren't mayor shareholder.

Its really better working some job and making money. Or sucking dick for that matter

>tfw you were only 12 or 13 years old when Apple came out with the first iPhone and you could have invested in them if you were only older or if anyone in your family knew a single shit about the stock market
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK MEEEEEEE