Australia becoming a Republic is almost inevitable. Both major political parties support it

Australia becoming a Republic is almost inevitable. Both major political parties support it.

Is this a good thing or not??

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/press-council-and-acma-suspend-publication-of-news-corp-for-leading-duncan-on-suicide-watch?recruiter=239232626&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=des-lg-share_petition-no_msg&fb_ref=Default
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody literally gives a shit.

Bad thing because your politicians are trying to commit treason

Im kind of indifferent. What do we gain or lose by becoming a republic (that will actually have impact)

Muh treason

Haha fuck off old cunt your time is over.

It's a good thing as long as we have a leader who isn't a shit cunt

It is bad because then we will have a president that the party's pick, not who we the people pick. Its why it was voted down last time.

>auexet will be a thing in your lifetime

The reason I hear most people don't want a republic is because the flag would have to change

>pretty silly reason but whatever

Going by the shit I've seen coming out of your government it doesn't seem like the best thing. I don't think your politicians have what it takes to assemble a proper republic.

>Taking the flag of a Muslim Country off of our flag.

Sounds good to me.

Yeah thats what Im feeling.

depends on brexit

It's cosmetic couldn't give two shits either way.

This.

bump

Fuck mate, what a pretty flag
Good to cut ties with the English caliphate I guess

>be 2355
>America
>rediscover shitpostland
>filled with ooga booga cavemen and spiders
>just like the history books said

Nothing much would change.

I don't understand why anyone cares. What are the pros and cons?

It's not cosmetic. There's a tremendous difference between monarchy and republic. Of course, Australia will have to define what it means to be a republic there, but as soon as government realizes that a demigod's permission isn't required in advance to do anything, big things happen. This is especially true for a vast continental realm like Australia. The GDP will double over in your lifetime, your military powers will increase even to the point where not only will you be able to defeat the flightless birds, but you'll later on regret driving them into extinction. It'll be awesome. And, the best part, no pesky Mexicans to the south. Come to think of it, the Australian republic is kind of a threat to American hegemony. Can't let that happen. Prepare for war, fuckers.

>Having ANY national ties with a monarchy in a time when monarchies should be obsolete.

Bad

We need the queen to keep our primeminister in check

We talk shit about Londonstan every day cunt, you'd think you could figure it out. Of course it's a good thing, means we don't have to have the queen and her shit kids over every year to see what they didn't want anything to fucking do with anymore.

Couldn't you just steal a member of the British Monarchy and make them King of Australia?

Your flag will look worse than the son we don't like to talk about

>a fucking Constellation

Pros:
No more governor general committing fucking treason and killing our democratic choice
Idk, we get a better flag
Cons:
Have to write a new constitution since old one is for our republic
If president isn't elected choice of people, then- no wait, we don't vote for our prime minister either. At most it'll stop people stabbing eachother in the back and nabbing the leadership which is pretty funny anyhow so that's a bad thing.
> Wanting anything to do with Londonstan
Not if we get the Eureka stockade flag. Much nicer.

It's either become a republic or have mad king Charlie as our head of state, personally I think the god emperor will annex Australia 2 years into his first term.

This
> it being Anno Domini 2016
> Not having a cross on your flag

Becoming a republic is traitorous, people going on about how its the "British monarchy" not the Australian one are fucking retarded.

legally the Australian Monarchy is different then the British one, so we can change our royal succession laws to include someone Australian if we want to.

but regardless i would rather Australia be the inheritor of the rest of Britain's possessions such as the Falklands and their nukes when it leaves the caliphate.

We need to leave the UN, not the UK.

This. Knowing the general public, they will vote for a shitty green and gold flag or one that contains Aboriginal art and objects such as boomerangs and animals.

Fuck that. Not worth the risk.

imagine what a """2016""" new constitution looks like, then tell me.

Still shitter than the current one. Red white and blue is the best colour combination. That why so many contries have stole it of us.

>Both major political parties support it.

This is incorrect. Regardless, I think Australia has already made the decision to become a Republic with diversity and multiculturalism. It will happen inevitably you're right. I don't think it should happen but it's already too late to recover a White Australia as an outpost of British civilisation on the other side of the world.

> not having the welsh dragon on your flag
> not having the scottish unicorn on your flag
> not managing to unite ireland
You realize that Australia is only British because you were the first cunts daft enough to try settling here. No one else wanted this shit country, just like the shit countries didn't want your shit flag.
Union jack is more of a disease than a flag, getting into the nethers of all the unclean shitholes on earth. Republic is us finally washing away the scum.

ITT: Traitors

Don't be stupid, changing the flag will only divide the nation even more, this is Jewish divide and conquer strats.

Our ancestors have died for that union jack, fuck all these multiculturalism cunts and their "This flag doesn't represent all Australians" shit.

'bout fucking time

Queen can't even keep her own country in check the fuck she gonna do for Australia?!

Says the traitor

>pretty silly reason but whatever

Not really, imagine a bunch of PC pollies putting something retarded on the flag, like a waratah or some shit, then we'll be canada 2.0 fuck that m8.

Time for the only Continent-Nation that has ever existed to rise.

Once we become a republic they can justify any multicultural bullshit by saying we are no longer tied to the identity of Britain

We keep the shit bits off our flag. The fact the UK was the colonial master should be celebrated by you. It stopped australia being a shit tear former Spanish or French colony and instead being one of the most developed contries on earth.

The people who hate the Queen piss me off more than the people who like the Queen. This is the fundamental reason why Australia will not be a republic any time soon.

> implying we couldn't have been formed by based Holland
Fuck off cunts, you weren't even a trade hub until you bullied the shitskins into doing it. Netherlands was the only country people enjoyed buying from, they're like real life Arandelle.

>Why am I, a pure Australian, not represented on our flag m8?

Republic is just an excuse for multiculturalists to wipe us of our heritage and change our society for the betterment of foreigners.

fuck even my chinese ex even agreed that becoming a republic is a shitty idea.

This, fucking this. Same as the UK.

Good thing.

Down with the monarchy.

They don't let people with noses that are wider than their eyes be on flags

shit that sounds like it defeats the purpose doesn't it.

fuck it my argument still stands.

Kek wills it

>Dutch

You would fit in well with shit tier Indonesia.

Tom Clancy's Endwar saw this coming
>...The United Kingdom and Ireland opt not to join the new state, however, and instead form their own union known as the "New Commonwealth," which remains neutral but allows European forces to man the missile defense uplink sites on its territory.

Your politicians are trying to commit jihad

Hang the republicans, for Queen and country

Subaru isn't a Muslim country

>one that contains Aboriginal art and objects such as boomerangs and animals

JESUS CHRIST NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please sign this petition. News Corp has driven Duncan to the verge of taking his own life. These orginisations need to be punished for their reckless pursuit of Duncan for the rich and conservatives.

change.org/p/press-council-and-acma-suspend-publication-of-news-corp-for-leading-duncan-on-suicide-watch?recruiter=239232626&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=des-lg-share_petition-no_msg&fb_ref=Default

What exactly do we gain by leaving the Commonwealth?

A garbage new flag that's for sure. It'll be some cuck tier abo fingerpainting or green and gold which is tacky as fuck.

Your national representatives

Too South East Asian-tier m8.

It won't happen. There is little support for a republic or changing the flag.

Agreed. Fuck the UN.

I can see republicanism erupting all over the place when Charles gets his hands on the throne

Can't blame you, he's a twat

How could he be depressed after he just scammed $60k off bleeding heart lefties?

We basically that now anyways

JUST

FUCK

Honestly, God bless News Corp for exposing this piece of shit.

MY

I will want the union jack of my flag when this happens.

While this is true the fact is that it was Brits that founded you guys. I think a republic is fine BTW as long as you make sure the president is elected by the people not the parties voted on by the people. And please don't change your flag to a wallaby or a swirl or some shit, it's a really good flag as it is

You would be depressed too if Murdoch came and ruined your life.

How's my flag design?

COUNTRY

Fuck off, they only targeted him AFTER he asked a simple question of a politician who represents him. Its a slap in the face of democracy and others will be scared of speaking out because of the evil Murdoch Empire trying to crush the poor.

C'mon. With the amount of fucking cucks in this country, this will be the sort of flag we'll end up with.

1st Amendment to the Bill of Entitlements: The right of marriage will be considered an act between two, or more, or fewer, people, or humanoid otherkin, of the opposite, or same, or transnontraditional gender indentity

2nd Amendment to the Bill of Entitlements: The right to bare arms will only be granted to females or non-males. The showing of biceps by men is too intimidating

3st Amendment to the Bill of Entitlements: Centrelink staff must comprise at least 5% of the total workforce in order to prevent welfare delays

No faggot. It would not make one difference

Or maybe this.

The part that really gets me pissed about “aboriginal art“ is that the stuff you see now was introduced to the by white people in the seventies, there actual art that they made without any influance from Europeans looks like fucking cave paintings. And they say we're the thieves lol.

He's a borderline retarded drug addict with multiple criminal charges against him who works a minimum wage job. His life was already shit.

Crap, like micronesia, and who cares about them.

he's fine, British born migrants are accepted

To be honest, as much as I'm glad the referendum failed, I'm so glad it happened. It was mad bantz the whole way

easy mode faggots

Fixed.

Thats the only flag i would accept i place of the current one

Traitor

>because of the evil Murdoch Empire trying to crush the poor

Not sure if you're parodying Greens voters or what. He is a drug addict who lives with his mother, pays no tax and whose own kids think he's a fuckwit.

Monarchy is the best system.

Why?

Well a politician is like you and me mate. Just a normal cunt who wants to get as much out of life as he can.

It doesn't matter how he got into politics, whether he was super intelligent and driven, or whether he was from an influential family - once he's there he has only one goal: feather his own nest.

This+representative democracy is a formula for DISASTER.

That is because politicians are not eternal. They are temporary. Their power will soon expire and thus they NEED to get as much for themselves, their friends and their family as possible before their term is up (or they die)

Because of this the elected politicians with inevitably screw the working people, screw the business people and screw up the entire country if it means they can retire a little comfier and give their kids a slightly better life.

Monarchy solves this problem but putting ALL the power and wealth in the hands of one ruler.

The monarch owns all the nations wealth and therefore doesn't need to be greedy. Everything you own, he or she owns too. Thus your power is her power, your wealth is her wealth. etc

The monarch unlike a politician doesn't have a limited term. instead the monarch isn't just the head of the nation, the monarch IS the nation and anything the monarch does will benefit the nation (and you).

I know there are exceptions to this and some monarch went nuts but it's much better than a fucking facade of elected representatives.

God save the queen. May she take back australia from the hands of the corrupt idiots running the show today and make Australia great again.

Lots of people I knew were glad it failed, it was absolute nonsense. Why change the flag simply because the PM wills it? Our country is becoming lazy liberal cucks with nothing better to do.

It's especially infuriating to think that some faggy inner-city Melbournite will want to change the flag to his multiculural pre-school art project when an excellent Australian Republican flag has existed for 200 years.

As for whether we should become a republic or not, that depends on whether there's a Britain left to be loyal to in 10 years.

Friendly reminder that WA wanted to go back into the British Empire.

God save the queen.