/classical/

Schoenberg (underrated) Edition

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. Too lazy to write up a description for this, but it has a little of everything
mega.nz/#F!pWR0zABY!xCwF1rEfXiyEy5HuhTDP0Q
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yZdsOHRDMEA
youtube.com/watch?v=32_t6smyCNI
youtube.com/watch?v=X9DTgHe5Ew8
youtube.com/watch?v=JPod6Kpm6cE
youtube.com/watch?v=B43ZeURoNC8
youtube.com/watch?v=U5M-Tv2TQI0
youtube.com/watch?v=weeI1G46q0o
youtube.com/watch?v=GFb8ahrrwyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0A4Lxm3IpvY
youtube.com/watch?v=gjiSSWubIuU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How the fuck was he so good without formal training?

first for xenakis sucks

fuck you faggot delete your post right now

also belioz is really really overrated

What are some of your favorite pieces by Locatelli?

>mfw this cadence
>"THERE WAS BUT ONE!"

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yZdsOHRDMEA

fuck you

Pleb

First for Berio sucks

xenakis sucks

>stick a major cadence at the end of some twelve tone bullshit
>Oh wowy kablowy totally wasn't expecting that

lol what a pleb

Based Schoenberg

fuck you as well

gtfo schoenberg internet defense force

"schidf" lol

gtfo plebs who can't into schoenberg

>implying not dickriding some dead jew who wrote decent music is pleb

Even if you don't like serialism his tonal work is masterful

Usually the Schoenberg hate comes from people who think he ruined music by creating serialism but the fact that you're talking about his decent music and can't see that it is absolutely brilliant puts you on a whole new level of plebness

nobody cared who he was until he put on the dodecaphonic mask

>When you realize twelve tone was just a (((Publicity Stunt)))

The absolute madman

>people who think he ruined music by creating serialism
Those people are incorrect. He only organized systems to help codify serialism. He didn't create it. Strauss was the guy who went too far with Elektra, but he pulled back and never went that far again. Many of the composers of the time were experimenting with pushing tonality past is limits. Schoenberg just happened to be the guy who came up with some systems so people weren't just writing total chaos.

Gesualdo could be seen as the origins of this strain of music.

not the most popular but it has the hammer meme

>gesualdo created atonality

Bullshit

Well you didn't need to tell me that but I said "serialism" not "atonality". Serialism became the academia meme that dominated the first half of the 20th century and probably stifled quite a few composers with more natural musical inclinations. However as I've experimented with the twelve tone method can be used in a subversive way to create consonant-sounding music, even happy music so I wonder why this wasn't ever done by a composer. I also wonder why Sonata form hasn't been used to give twelve tone music at least a sense of dramatic development.

>This thread
Further proof that Schoenberg is underrated.

What are you talking about? Its been a Shown-turd dick sucking fest

This post is just further proof.

>who are Berg, Dalapiccola, Joseph Matthias Hauer

You're welcome

Let me get this str8.
>Shoenkid likes Napoleon
>Napoleon be all like French Rev boy
>Shoenkid was jewish
>Burke wrote about French Rev and how Old Jewry were a strong force promoting it and the narrative we are told is b.s.
>Shoenkid prob lykd da Franch Rev b/c he wuz old Jewry brought into the future Steve Miller Band style
Did I miss nething?

This to be frank
And this, to be honest

It's pronounced sherrrrrrrn, not shown. Like the umlaut o sound in German.

Wow I never looked at /his/ but it looks like straight up cancer. Communist threads galore, Lenin, probably worship of that fatshit charlatan Zizek hipster "philosopher" ...just gas that whole board asap.

I'm pretty sure "berg" isn't pronounced "turd" either but I am here to shitpost I'm afraid

when u rite u rite nibba

Its a Christian board desu

>look up random west european music professor wiki
>he travelled to adorno/krenek seminars
>his dissertation was about webern/schönberg/rubingoldsilberstein
>his limited atonal repertoire nobody wants to hear includes occasional pleb-friendly interpretations of hebrew folk songs

tired of this shit desu, grand sanhedrin was a mistake
at least americans have (((schenkerians)))

gonna push back everywhere including Sup Forums, fuck you jews

You're gonna get banned. This /general/ supports the eternal yid

wot piece 2 listen 2 to mourn Chester Bennington's an hero?
>tried so hard and got so far, but in le end it didn't even matter cus i hang'd meself lel

Philip Glass Heroes Symphony

That's actually probably true. I got a 3 day ban because another user wanted a list of Jewish composers and I wrote a list without any message attached to it, no positive or negative connotation.

Best Shostakovitch symphony? Or should i just go in order?

but

>pre 1940 Shostakovitch
yeesh

It is 7 and then 10. Don't listen to contrarian tryhards. They are like the people who praise the first album of a band as the only true or pure work, when said band sucked massive cock before their fifth lp.

lay off the buffet of rotten chicken wings and pure ideology

There is no bad Shostakovich symphony.

>be me
>try to watch classical vid
>get this racial justice horseshit from (((google)))
>lynching in america
>wtf are these nibbers talking about?

Thoughts on Vivaldi's non-meme program music?
youtube.com/watch?v=32_t6smyCNI
youtube.com/watch?v=X9DTgHe5Ew8
youtube.com/watch?v=JPod6Kpm6cE
youtube.com/watch?v=B43ZeURoNC8
youtube.com/watch?v=U5M-Tv2TQI0

theres worse ones and better ones

Dimitri baby only really got good mid 1930s

more proof that 12-tone music is underrated

Zizek is a complete faggot and faux-edgy piece of shit. If he wanted to push the envelope he wouldn't be an out of shape commie cuck who signals against liberals while parroting their same lines in some bullshit special snowflake way. Fuck that faggot. leave it to /leftypol/ awkward 14 year olds to beat off to his videos and lie about reading his horseshit books demonstrating how much he doesn't understand Hegel and the Western tradition but just slaps it together with some Jewish Frankfurt School lens and whoop add some aspergers and there ya go. total edgy guy who says nothing edgy. protip: if (((vice news))) likes you, you are the establishment

it is a product of pure ideology

>praise from germans post 1942
>meaning anything at all
>implying its not a mark of disgrace

this is wrong btw

jews celebrating other jews, haven't seen that before

Nobody cares about fucking Ernst Krenek. He sucks

Oh yeah? In what way, you little faggot?

Anyone who says they understand Hegel is full of shit and a pseud

but you can't spell Krenek with "kek n re[eeeeeeeee]"

zizek isnt political, if he is its only for memes. All he really cares about is the way reality is structured.

Exactly. Which is why Zizek is a pseud commie fuckboy of Jewish academics. The second he says anything critical of them he is finished (aside from the popular leftist criticize Israel because muh precious little brown people).

That's retarded. "he like, didn't mean it man. he's really focused on this deeper stuff over here, bro."

what type of music do you like :)

Jews are brown people as well, that's not the reason leftists support Palestinians

but he criticizes jews all the time

i l!ke d!z
youtube.com/watch?v=weeI1G46q0o

>Conquering other countries is ok as long as the snowniggers do it

Further proof that the Jews are underrated

>when mahlerposting goes too far

>In 1922 he met Alma Mahler, widow of Gustav Mahler, and her daughter, Anna, to whom he dedicated his Symphony No. 2, and whom he married in March 1924. That marriage ended in divorce before its first anniversary.

>Dedicating a symphony about the passion to someone else

I wonder who is behind this heresy

Not Mahler's second symphony you retard

Right, you got me there

Krenek's kinda boring most of the time but his choral music is astoundingly good

How so?

Do check out Ernst Krenek's Lamentatio Jeremiæ Prophetæ. Stravinsky got the "inspiration" for his twelve-tone works chiefly from Krenek's theoretical writings and music, yet as far as I'm concerned none of Stravinsky's twelve-tone music approaches the Lamentatio in terms of expressiveness and musicality. Through partitioning and constantly permutating his rows, Krenek achieves modal-tonal effects you might find agreeable even if post-tonal/twelve-tone music isn't your cup of tea usually.

youtube.com/watch?v=GFb8ahrrwyQ

What's wrong with Stravinsky's twelve tone? Agon is great

Krenek is great, particularly love his string quartets which are part way between Schoenberg and Bartok as well as his jazzy, jarring, reflective piano sonatas

masochism

>Through partitioning and constantly permutating his rows, Krenek achieves modal-tonal effects you might find agreeable even if post-tonal/twelve-tone music isn't your cup of tea usually.
How do you learn about this? honestly asking

sums up most of the last 100 years of /classical/ music

Agon is great, but not as great as Krenek at his best
YMMV

Nothing, that guy just likes Krenek's better.

Must be horrible to be this numb and straight-laced.

guess i just dont get the humour and playfulness of dodecaphonists.

Sounds very renaissance
I dig it

Usually being a performer or attending classes on theory
Or just teaching it all yourself, but that's difficult

How did you do it, user?

Im not the Krenek guy but I learned a lot just from the time I spent with my piano teacher (about a decade)
Some people just get lucky and are born into a musical family and can be told exactly how to learn (I have a friend like this)

I need I fiery and lively composer to listen to. Someone who makes me want to embrace life and do glorious manly things. Any ideas who I should listen to?

Obviously Wagner

Bach

Dont listen to Wagner, his music is for beta males that probably only found out about him through Sup Forums, listen to Mahler instead.

high glycaemic index, xenoestrogen

complex carbs

mozart and beethoven: rare xenotestosteron

schoenberg is like the most boring serial composer tho

not/mu/ here, is Ravel considered shit?

He's pretty good. Just Bolero is pretty shitty.

I don't know, I think it's one of the better crescendo pieces. Why do you think it's shit?
How repetitive it is throughout?

>He hasn't listened to Gesualdo's madrigals

>How repetitive it is throughout?
pretty much. One or 2 melodies with no polyphony. Only his masterful orchestration keeps the thing from being embarrassing. The snare part is the same the whole way.

Compared to all his other music Bolero is incredibly boring.

youtube.com/watch?v=0A4Lxm3IpvY
youtube.com/watch?v=gjiSSWubIuU

Isn't the snare meant to serve as a backing for the other instruments, as well as to slowly build the sound? I think having it change outside of intensity would ruin the composition.
Then again, I don't enjoy it that much.

I think repetitiveness is okay in dance forms, his pavane is simple as hell too, but it's still pretty cute