Say something nice about it

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction/
youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6z-nxAYhGw
youtube.com/watch?v=Gmjlr7EstVk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Paradise City is a banger

Regardless of quality it sold a shit ton of copies.

It's literally a 10.0 and only numales will disagree.

An honest 10/10

even pitchfork agrees

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction/

Generic normie music. I wish to live in a world where I don't here Welcome to The Jungle on the radio every day.

Unironically one of the worst rock albums ever made.

So Guns N Roses are the opposite to nu-male?

I will never be bothered about this buzzword ever again.

t. numales

>2017
>listening to the radio

Do you still rent out VHS too?

Why would you do such a thing?

Anyways Welcome to the Jungle is great when you havent heard over a year especially when driving around L. A.

Have you ever driven a car you fucking underage faggot? That's what most people do while driving, listen to the fucking radio.

These days most people listen to music in their car on their phones through spotify or apple music

radio is for people who are 40+

its all i listened to when i was 13

One of the most effay album covers ever.

>radio is for people who are 40+

That's plainly stupid

Good guitar tone

If enjoying this album is criteria for not being a numale then I'm nu as fuck cause what an absolute steaming pile of shit of a record my guy

Welcome to the jungle is a great song when you don't hear it ever at all

it's a good album

My cheesy childhood pre-teens band desu. Being a kid in the 80s was a blast.

we dirty white boy now

You were the first album I ever bought. I still have the cassette. Thanks GnR.

I've honestly never listened to it in my life, but the cover looks nice.

Good album, but great fucking artwork.

Kurt Cobain:
>They’re really talentless people, and they write crap music, and they’re the most popular rock band on the earth right now. I can’t believe it.”

It's alright, I guess. I'm not enamored by it or anything, but if Welcome to the Jungle or Paradise City come on the radio I'll enjoy it enough.

He only said that because Axle made fun of his drunk wife at the Mtv video awards

Kurt was such a poser though that he wouldn't say he liked them if he wore Axl Rose boxer shorts to bed at night

*kills himself*

For all it is, it's honestly a very good album at doing what it wants to do, and it probably is one of the few albums of its genre to really have a lasting impact on popular culture in general. I can't really say that I'd go out of my way to listen to it and Slash is probably the most overrated guitarrist ever (not necessarily bad, though), but it's a very good album for its style and objectives.

I just can't understand how the fuck somebody can think that that album cover is good looking and thinking that t-shirts with it are cool. Just please explain, i have seen way too many gun and roses t-shits and it just amazes me.

And the music is just generic and boring normie trash.

>Guns n Roses
>Not nu male
What a story, Mark

It's a very fun album. i argue it would still get alot of attention even if it came out today. it's just really catchy

youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg

This. Slash is a pretty funky player for a rock guitarist.

It's unfortunately the only good album in their discography but damn is it good. Also Axl Rose in his prime was one of the best frontmen to ever walk a stage.

Kurt was nothing special. Appetite was a better record than he was able to write.

PANTIES 'ROUND YOUR KNEES WITH YOUR ASS IN THE BREEZE...

OOOOH SWEET CHILD O MINE

Garbage

Liked them when young but radio shilled them a lot so I hate them due to contrarianism

Its a pretty bad ass debut...a bunch of gutter punks who lived a reckless life and wrote songs about it....it was genuine, sincere and kicked muthafuckin' ass.

Once they got rich they lost their edge.

Rocket Queen is a great song, Slash seems like a nice guy, Duff seems like he's less of a tool than he used to be, it's cool they covered a Dead Boys song, Axl lost some weight

Better than Motley Crue

>Once they got rich they lost their edge.

this.

It's the one rock album with the highest intensity on it without being a punk/metal record. Nothing before or after strictly in rock music had the energy that it brought. That's what makes it worth remembering. Unlike say...Radiohead that was just aping Beatles and Pink Floyd, or My Bloody Valentine whose style was obviously not intricate enough to be unique on its own, there's still no record that sounds like Appetite For Destruction.

This. The Use Your Illusion albums are fucking shit, you have to use a magnifying glass to find the good, while here it's plain to see. Classic case of overindulgence.

>highest intensity on it without being a punk/metal record

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6z-nxAYhGw

Rocket Queen is the GOAT glam album closer

That doesn't even come close to have as heavy a sound wtf is wrong with you?

It's nice that the guitarists is the most talented one in the band

>wtf is wrong with (you)?

Dont be an ignorant ass.

Not being ignorant. Van Halen's stuff is far more melodic as a whole, and that particular track has too much a thin sound to match up to something like the main riff to Welcome To The Jungle.

Appetite for Destruction [Geffen, 1987]

It's a mug's game to deny the technical facility claimed by one-upping crits and young victims of testosterone poisoning--not only does Axl cruise where other "hard rock" singers strive, but he has a knack for believability, which in this genre is the most technical matter of all. When he melds scream and croon on the big-beat ballad, you understand why some confused young thing in an uplift bra is sure it's love sweet love. But Axl is a sucker for dark romantic abstractions--he doesn't love Night Train, he loves alcoholism. And once that sweet child o' his proves her devotion by sucking his cock for the portacam, the evil slut is ready for "See me hit you you fall down." B-

G N' R Lies [Geffen, 1988]

Axl's voice is a power tool with attachments, Slash's guitar a hype, the groove potent "hard rock," and the songwriting not without its virtues. So figure musical quality at around C plus and take the grade as a call to boycott, a reminder to clean livers who yearn for the wild side that the necessary link between sex-and-drugs and rock-and-roll is a Hollywood fantasy. Anyway, this band isn't even sex and drugs--it's dicking her ass before you smack up with her hatpin. (No wonder they want to do an AIDS benefit.) "One in a Million"--"Immigrants and faggots/They make no sense to me/They come to our country/And think they'll do as they please/Like start some mini-Iran/Or spread some fucking disease/They talk so many goddamn ways/It's all Greek to me"--is disgusting because it's heartfelt and disgusting again because it's a grandstand play. It gives away the "joke" (to quote the chickenshit "apologies" on the cover) about the offed girlfriend the way "Turn around bitch I've got a use for you" gives away "Sweet Child o' Mine." Back when they hit the racks, these posers talked a lot of guff about suicide. I'm still betting they don't have it in them to jump. E

Use Your Illusion I [Geffen, 1991]

what pros ("Don't Damn Me") *

Use Your Illusion II [Geffen, 1991]

"Civil War" *choice cuts*

"The Spaghetti Incident?" [Geffen, 1993]

Talk about your anxiety of influence. As someone who never thought punk had much to do with musicianship or musicianship much to do with GN'R, I remain impressed even with the excitement worn off. I mean, Axl Rose damn near stealing "Human Being" from David Johansen? Because his drummer is so fierce? Fear and UK Subs (!) and Nazareth (!!) tunes that belong on the same record? What would Harold Bloom say? Something about Axl being a shitty songwriter, I hope. Which wouldn't be altogether fair. But hey--criticism is unfair. A-

Chinese Democracy [Geffen, 2008]

Hopeless eccentric spends most of his adult life and a large chunk of his ill-gotten fortune trying to make the perfect album. Succeeds, kind of, on his own totally irrelevant terms. Nobody cares. Since he's no longer capable of leading young white males astray, this effort isn't just pleasurable artistically. It's touching on a human level. Noble, even. I didn't think he had it in him. B+

>Not being ignorant

stubborn or obstinate.

>that particular track has too much a thin sound to match up to something like the main riff to Welcome To The Jungle.

LOL...cognitive dissonance?

I love AFD but VH1 blows it out of the water with its sonic brilliance and heaviness. Its true Slash and Izzy had dirtier tones but thats not the criteria for "heavy".

These guys actually do GnR better than the real deal themselves.
youtube.com/watch?v=Gmjlr7EstVk

>stubborn or obstinate.
Whatever makes you feel good at the end of the day
>putting two response things in one post
Are you new?
>Its true Slash and Izzy had dirtier tones but thats not the criteria for "heavy".
Yeah, they have actual riffs to go along with it and most importantly a drummer who actually accentuates heaviness rather than just plays fun upbeat stuff.

I agree. Van Halen were too fratbro for my taste.

Why can't this guy write reviews that you can actually understand what the fuck he's saying?

>actual riffs

being this stupid.