So i was diagnosed with severe anxiety with panic attacks. Things like going to a shop is a massive task...

So i was diagnosed with severe anxiety with panic attacks. Things like going to a shop is a massive task, and when i get there it just gets worse, im constantly worrying about everything, from food falling off the shelf near me, that my card might decline (constantly checking back balance) that my card might flat out have broken, that i dropped my wallet. just everything.

what i want to know, is can my doctor refuse me meds, he is very clearly bias to natural solutions and counselling, diets, exercise, self improvement etc which is fine but i honestly just want meds. iv'e lived with anxiety for years and i finally built up the courage to see a doctor about it. im very open to counselling and all the other recommended stuff while im on meds, but without them i feel like i wont be able to open up, ill be to anxious to tell the counselor how i feel and end up just lying.

currently i use alcohol and weed to deal with it, it offers an escape and im starting to move into opioids, specifically morphine so i can function normally and get on with my life, but im worried for myself.

tldr: can a doctor refuse meds after you have been diagnosed with a disorder ?

>Doing Opiates

You are going to wish you never opened that can of worms, as well as alchohol. Pot is bad for anxiety to but at least that won't fuck your life up. Yes a doctor can refuse you meds but very few do if you have a legitimate anxiety issue. If the doctor you have now refuses to put you on a med find a new doctor. Guarantee the new one will put you on some sort of antidepressant.

He can if he doesn't believe the diagnosis but you can always see someone else.

Of course, if you do need the meds and he refuses to prescribe them and you're harmed in some way then he could be liable for that. He's taking a bit of a risk.

Who made the diagnosis?

maybe your issiues need to be solved on your own. go see a clinical psychiatrist and see if you dont need to take drugs for the rest of your life to be happy

Also don't go on a benzo med because they will turn you into a retard and there only good for short term anxiety. You want to take some sort of antidepressant so you can take it as long as you need it. This is coming from someone that is a social autist with anxiety, I take just the right dose that I still have anxiety and such. But I am at a point where I can laugh at it and be content with it. Numbed out is a shit feeling don't wanna do that.

Also don't go on a benzo med because they will turn you into a retard and there only good for short term anxiety. You want to take some sort of antidepressant so you can take it as long as you need it. This is coming from someone that is a social autist with anxiety, I take just the right dose that I still have anxiety and such. But I am at a point where I can laugh at it and be content with it. Numbed out is a shit feeling don't wanna do that.

He did

Maybe in the future, but i was on the verge of suicide. I literally couldnt function, i left school, quit my job, and am miserable all the time. ive lost so many friends because of it, and set my life / career back at least 2 years.

I don't think im depressed, nor did i bring up the suicidal thoughts with the doctor, mainly because im to anxious to ..

I've dealt with this myself, couldn't even grocery shop at one point sometimes, I'd feel an attack coming on and have to lay down my grocery basket and run out of the store. Had to sit in the parking lot in my car for sometimes an hour to even get calm enough to drive home.
Everyone reacts differently to different drugs, I can't tell you a "right" answer. For me antidepressants were the worst thing I've ever done (and I've done a lot of things, both legal and not). Almost killed myself a number of times because of them. I strongly suggest you don't go that route, but again, people are different. the occasional ativan has quite possibly saved my life on several occasions, but it can make you a vegetable over long terms. At most I used a few .5mg pills a week, only under the most extreme circumstances.

quite frankly, learning breathing exercises and other non-pharmaceutical, non- drug and alcohol coping methods has been far and away the best prescription I've found, after dealing with similar things for literally decades.

I wish you the best of luck. The honestly most frightening experiences of my life have been a few bad panic attacks, I know that feeling. Try to look inside, or things you can use from inside, drugs/pharmaceutical are an expensive and sometimes counterproductive way to go.
i'm not a robot

Been on antidepressants for a couple of years now. Many people exaggerate the effects. The drugs dampen the moods and help somewhat with depression. They help me cope. Panic attacks can still happen but less frequent.

Take it from a guy with a scizo and depression diagnosis that the right drugs can change your life. Once u get that going try to combine it with exercise and a proper diet.

If your doc wont give u meds find a new one

I was also diagnosed with this, but they said because I went through it as a child/teens, it really has barely ant effect - the brain has adapted that as normality and equipped itself to function normally.

Fuck you faggoats

I feel you user. I mainly want some kind of drug in the short term, so i can effectively do those other things such as turn up to counselling consistently and open up when im there. so i can go to a gym to get exercise or enjoy a walk without being terrified half way through for a reason i cannot identify.

I want to fix myself, over coming this anxiety is the first step towards that but i honestly don't have much fight in me, all to often i see a mountain of problems and just see death as a much easier way out.

day by day my money is getting lower, my friends and family are disappearing and im putting myself further behind in life.

it's held me back from basic experiences like having a real relationship, kissing, having sex, going for a night out with my friends, graduation and so much more.

ive tried so many self help things, ive forced myself out, ive done cardio and lost weight, ive done everything on those self help websites for years, and my anxiety has just got worse and worse. finally reaching out for medical help, rather than sourcing back street drugs and being denied feels like a punch in the gut

if you want to be junky why not go to street "doctor"?

I have an appointment with a different doctor on Wednesday next week, im just wondering, won't they be able to see the other doctors notes and that i was denied meds?

also the country i live in provides heavily subsidized medication, and in many cases free.

I have been, and that's what im afraid of. I don't want to become a junky, i want something to help me while i seek other methods such as counselling and exercise and then drop me off them so i can live a normal life.

doctors are paid to make people junkies, if he's not triggerhappy to put you on medication that's a good thing if anything...

many people don't realize that there are consequences even for using "safe" drugs. you will not be getting off them easy, and very likely you will dig yourself in bottomless hole of more and more potent drugs... just watch some docu about fentanyl... I have mild epilepsy and I've used some low doses of many many drugs because of my allergies to most of them, and believe me all of them have adverse effects and cause abstinence syndrome when you stop even after week or two.

Do you choose stupid ways to say things on purpose?

i understand the consequences, but honestly im on the verge of suicide. I feel like ive done everything i can to climb out of this without medication.

If i haven't improved by 2018, ive made the decision to take my own life. I simply don't know what to do anymore, ive come to an end, the only things that seem to help are drugs and id rather be given prescribed, lower dose drugs for discounted price that paying for heroin or morphine from that street, that in most cases will be impure and leave me with a much severe addiction.

>Openly abuses alcohol and weed.

>Demands meds for anxiety.

As a psychiatrist, you look like you are just looking at one more way to get high. If I prescribed you a benzos and you decided to drink or use opiates at the same time, well, I might as well through my license in the trash when your parents lawyer writes to me to saw that you aspirated vomit into your lungs and you died.

Dam man just find the right medication that works for you, no need to kill yourself. I have bad anxiety and depression and it took a bit to find the right med but once you do its a life changer.

as I said it's irrelevant if they are prescribed or not, you will get addicted to drugs... and suicide risk grows significantly with drug use... I don't know the way out of your situation, I would suggest for you to go to some support group meeting, drugs are the most dangerous thing you can chose... they are designed to get you hooked for life

You're an idiot. You need to work through therapy or see a different doctor.

Drugs will create more problems and keep you ill.

They can be good for a very short break. That's all.

obviously you don't know what you are talking about, if you find a medication that works for you its a life changer. Ya you may be taking it for the rest of your life but who cares? Your quality of life gets way better.

go find some statistics dude... there are next to no "success stories" for psycho-active drug users, but there is much increased suicide risk and a good chance ending up sucking dicks for your next hit

I am diagnosed with severe depression, and really high anxiety - I'm just saying that not everyone with depression and/or anxiety will follow a text book dot to dot.

People who suffer from depression, I really feel for them, if it's genuine. Anxiety is another one people discount as a lazy/made up mental health problem. My gf suffered from really bad Anxiety, and through therapy and me assisting her when she becomes incapable of a scenario - she has come a long way, but still has her moments.

My original post was a bit shitty but it's/b/

Get a different dr.

Head injury fag here. Obviously the whole painkiller benzo thing is being shut down because of addiction and drs are getting sued, murderded, fired for all this shit.

It's pandamonium.

To get legit meds anymore you REALLY gotta be fucked up. This goes for both benzos and especially painkillers. Stuff they are gonna push at you will be the shit like wellbutrin or whatever which may or may not work. Everyone is different.

I was scripted xanax for two years until I got myself off of them. The dr more or less threw them at me in the begining. To be fair, I did need them. But not for two years. I was also given a small script for some 5/325 hydros.

This is called a "black box" med combination, benzos and opiates, two real controlled, addictive drugs. They don't like having patients with that because of liability.

So, unless you are REALLY LEGIT FUCKED UP, then youre not gonna get shit nowadays and it is only going to get worse. They've turned opiate and benzo usage into a public health crisis. If your dr is being a pussy about it or refuses cause you aren't that fucked up, well then try another dr. Pain management clinics are NOT the way to go, it will be on your record for life.
>addict

My advice to you is find a connect on the street or find something else that works. Getting meds the legit will be REAL FUCKING HARD unless you are fucked up.

tl;dr: check em

I think a lot of that is the over dosing of people, the goal is to not get zombied out and have no anxiety and depression, its to make it manageable and to improve your quality of life.

My advice is don't be a junky and get your life together, don't listen to this faggot. If you have anxiety or depression benzos are for the short term and opiods are just dumb to take for those issues.

that's how drugs work... as tolerance to drug increases, the dose increases and at some point dose meets the "overdose" level

youre an idiot. obviously OP is going to try to get something. This post is sorta laying out the harsh reality that OP refuses to accept.

Getting meds nowadays is fucking hard.

Should he go out on the street and get some Heroin, or crack? Fuck no, of course not. But obviously OP is gonna use something, he's on a board trying to get advice on how to get drugs from a Dr.

It just isn't going to happen anymore unless you really need it and the dr. isn't a pussy about it. Just trying to lay down some truth. As for me, I smoke green, is far more effective than xanax was and a lot safer.

Like I said, gotta find what works. Chasing meds through the dr. will be an expensive and most likely futile waste of time.

As a suicidal, depressed, artist I can only think of one quote when it comes to medicating for treatment, and I'm fairly sure it's a Trent reznor quote:
>The slave thinks it is released from bondage, only to find a stronger set of chains.
You may find release from depression/anxiety temporarily, but the drugs they will prescribe are super addictive. The methods your Dr is advising are better for you and longer lasting, albeit more difficult. Don't take the easy way out because it's merely a temporary solution. Confront your problems and change yourself. With an open mind it is extremely possible.

re read the post you dumb nigger.

OP never stated what meds he was trying to dr shop for. Your the dumb nigger you dumb nigger porch monkey.

Alcohol and weed are both absolute shit when mixed with panic attacks. You are just making them worse. You need to stop. You need to see a therapist and a psychiatrist. The meds you will be prescribed will likely be an ssri and Xanax unless you look like a piece of shit (covered in tattoos or piercings dress like you are 15 etc.) or are black then it will just be the ssri.

>specifically morphine

like the other user said, re read the fucking post, idiot. He's right. OP should just switch to something that will work and is accesible to him. Like marijuana. Obviously opiates aren't a good idea, nor a proper treatment, so no matter how good he thinks he does on morphine it still is not the proper treatment for his anxiety. Like YOU said
>benzos for short term
>opiates are dumb for that

Yes. They are. And it says right in OP's post that he wants morphine and posted a pic of poppies. What should we assume he's after?
Tylenol? He literally says opiates faggot.

Get fucked.

English isn't your first language is it.

I was on lexapro 20mg I really should still be taking it but I stopped because I'm stupid but see if you can get on that. I have bad anxiety too and that medicine completely turned me around. I was back to normal again until I stopped taking it. So see if you can get on that. It's an antidepressant but works more with anxiety. I was on Zoloft and that fucked my stomach up every time I took it. Lexapro did too for a few days but after that it was fine. I think that's a side effect with just about every type of medicine like this. It will take a few weeks to build up in your system but I promise if you get on it and it works for you it will be the best thing for you.

apparently its not yours either by looking at your file name

>OP never stated what meds he was trying to dr shop for.

Did you read OP's post faggot?

sick burn faggot

Thanks friend :^)

again with the reading comprehension. Pretty sure that wasn't a compliment.

Well it kind of was a compliment because todays opposite day, jokes on you freind :)

Try out Kratom my friend was taking 20mg of oxy for migraine headaches this shit is a life saver! 100% legal feels stronger then the percs imo

op, I know exactly what you are going through and it really fucking sucks. I used to smoke weed, take opiates a lot and I think that actually set my panic and anxiety disorder into motion. talk to your doctor about getting meds that actually treat your disorder, not ones that are said to help like weed etc. panic attacks are the fucking worst, and you should do everything you can to get rid of them

Op most people who get addicted to opiates are anxious and uncomfortable in their own skin. Turn back now, the only future you have here is either going to meetings for the rest of your life or dope sickness, poverty, and death. 9 years on pills, dope, and the needle wrecked my shit, and I got off easy. I'm just now doing the things most people do at 17 at 25

I did just post this, but kratom is always an alternative. It is however addictive in its own right, but the lesser of the opiate evils

people treat it like health food it isn't. but if you are gonna play that game its the best option by alot

If you want a cheap legal solution than pick kratom. If you want a free long term solution than pick recovery shit. I used to sell kratom, and it will make you sick with extended, addict level use

So what meds do you get? I know this is a weird concept, but have you ever thought of trusting the guy who went to med school to treat your illness?