You fucked it up again Refn you indulgent prick. He couldn't help himself but turn it into a sexualized gorefest...

You fucked it up again Refn you indulgent prick. He couldn't help himself but turn it into a sexualized gorefest. It had potential too. But it went fucking nowhere.

This film is a reminder of how an over-inflated ego can ruin a film.

I though it ended on a good note.
Those bitches were crazy anyway.

>he didn't get it

Anyway i think he was trying to express the importance of recognizing true beauty and something with that legend if you eat someone you get his life force.

>a film about beauty is sexualised
wow this is crazy

i didn't quite knew the meaning of the word pretentious before seeing this flick, thanks refno

>he thinks there's something deep to get

>life force
>tri-force

lel i didnt though about it.
There very well may be something with it tho

>the importance of recognizing true beauty

And why is this important?

oh boy, an anime reaction pic. im btfo forever

It wasn't over-sexualized, she never even had sex the entire movie. She died a virgin.

you sure are

I'm an /ic/ fag so hear me out at least for something i have to say.
When you start drawing,you start to realize and appreciate the beauty of the human physic on another level.
There is a reason why world known painters no matter how hollow the art form is,always find a way to represent the body.
That being said El Refino gave us the adventures of a teen girl in a world where beauty is everything.
As pic related says,ask everyone on /ic/ they will tell you that you have to be born with it,you can not become beautifully.

>sexualized

No. Also sex is a part of (most people's) life.

You didnt get it, thats ok. Civil War leaked.

what did he mean by this

Gore was the least of that movies problems. It's pretty fucking crappy even if they kept it PG

Just like Refn suggested, it's like he summoned his inner middle school girl to write this piece of shit.

>it's like he summoned his inner middle school girl to write this piece of shit.
It pretty much sums up the movie and I liked it.
>that cringy car scene where she talks about the moon
mfw

That doesn't answer my question, let me rephrase it.

What are Refn's views on the importance of recognizing true beauty (why does Refn think it's important to recognize true beauty) as demonstrated in the film The Neon Demon.

>and I liked it

Then you're a pleb. There's nothing really wrong with that, I think it's great that you can proudly enjoy those things. It's infinitely better than forcing yourself to like/dislike things.

>why does Refn think it's important to recognize true beauty
Because we are living in a world were people lost heir compass on whats real and whats marketing beauty(see kardashian)
Its important because it makes you appreciate natural form

>Then you're a pleb
For liking refino?
Come on man its the best movie this year.
name anything worth discussing that came out in 2016 and it is not people in spandex trying to looks serious on screen.

Not that user, while it was excellent, so was Knight of Cups.

Refn just needs to come out as a traditionalist already, it's clear he's crypto-redpilled just as Kubrick and Bergman were

I will download it right away.
thanks for the recommendation

you got it user, enjoy

also tangentially about LA, or at least, beautifully shot there like ND.

He sure seems to know a lot about psychoanalysis and esoterism.

Not for liking Refn, for liking The Neon Demon, which you just said was essentially written by a middle school girl.

I can't really discuss 2016 in any capacity since I don't live in a city, so I'm always at least half a year behind. Something tells me you don't watch foreign films though so this might seem an alien struggle.

>Something tells me you don't watch foreign films
I do since I am not american.
but w/e I though it was ok

That came out last year.

>there are people who didn't want this to be a sexualized gorefest

Hmmm, really makes me think

i wanted it to be that, but it turned out to be a shitfest instead

>That came out last year.

Oh word?

>R 2015 - Drama film/romance - 1h 58m

That was on torrent sites last december