What is the most talented female musician ever?

What is the most talented female musician ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s7rM67NPhZ8
nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/grimes-glastonbury-set-proved-bowie-and-prince-s-maverick-spirit-lives-on-771377
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Imagine the smell...

britney

talented goddess

Definitely not other artists trying to be discussed while grimes garners so much fake attention over them
what a gal

kate bush

>
>grimes garners so much fake attention
That attention is not fake. People actually care about her.

Only plebs will disagree.

lemme lock in a vote for Nico real quick

Only right answer: Grimes
she does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production and started making music when she was around the age of 22 or 23

Fuck off

This. I don't understand why Sup Forums hate her so much.

Kate Bush.

because her name's not lana and she's just not as good as lana, sorry bby

because her music is too good for Sup Forums to fully understand

Fuck off.

I just suggested Grimes to my retard friend because he's into Poppy and thinks she's deep and experimental.

ok?

You have a good point.
No, u.
Do you really believe that Lana is better than her?

They're not even similar except they're both female artists and did some synth based music.

You're a fucking loser

Poppy can act and has self confidence

Sup Forums has a grimes waifu erotomania obsession

That being said Kate Bush and Bjork in terms of mainstream sensibility and general "talent"

believe? it's a known fact lmao
grimsewhatever couldn't touch lana's perfection in a billion years

ahem

Kate Bush does all of those things and started even younger.

does grimes even like grimes?

>Kate Bush and Bjork
Are you talking about obsessions but you mention KB & B? Redpill: Sup Forums is obsessed with them too.

She probably hates herself and will suicide like the one guy from lincoln park.

Hope so

hard.

Kate doesn't do the artwork, doesn't direct and edit her videos and she had plenty of help on her albums. Grimes is more involved in her art.
>started even younger
She was under the guidance of a major label, unlike Grimes who learned mostly by herself and sang everywhere, even in warehouses: youtube.com/watch?v=s7rM67NPhZ8
Grimes is that rare case of an underdog who succeeds against all odds.
BTW, Grimes actually started in 2006-2007 when she was around 19. She released an EP named Lethe on Myspace on December 2007.

britney spears

I'm saying they're more talented one and second i haven't seen nearly as much threads literally only dedicated to how much they love grimes.

I've seen a few Bjork threads but Kate bush rarely, they get mentioned because they're obviously well known get recognition and critical praise.

So i'm saying Sup Forums obsession with grimes goes beyond music and isn't even comparable to Kate bush when you're talking obsession levels.
-
i.e Sup Forums obsession and praise of grimes is disproportionate and biased, Kate Bush or Bjork on the other hand are objectively better artists/musicians

Are we really supposed to fucking care?

There are literally Kate Bush and Bjork threat daily. Not much as Grimes, but they exist.

You're still talking about grimes though aren't you? Why is that

I guarantee if you do the math and make a chart of how many times grimes get's mentioned compared to say Kate bush i'd be double....

That's a logical conclusion to make considering Kate bush is an older artist and hasn't released an album in like 6 years or something

>I'm saying they're more talented one
How are they more talented if they need way more people to achieve their visions? Grimes does everything by herself. I'm not saying about the quality of the music, which is entirely subjective.
>So i'm saying Sup Forums obsession with grimes goes beyond music and isn't even comparable to Kate bush when you're talking obsession levels.
Bjork and Kate threads have way more pictures per posts than Grimes threads. That says everything.

>Kate Bush or Bjork on the other hand are objectively better artists/musicians
(You) are clearly biased.

* insert grimes pasta *

That makes perfect sense because Grimes is a newer artist while Kate Bush and Bjork are old news already. They're past their prime and all their best work is behind them. Let's not fool ourselves: they're going to top Hounds of Love and Homogenic. Meanwhile, Grimes is still evolving and releasing vital work. Maybe her magnum opus wasn't even released yet. There's more excitement surrounding her work.

Meanwhile grimes is still evolving well yes she's young and her career is on going, > old news already.

What ? already ? Kate bush and Bjork had/have a prolonged career and have made far more albums than grimes

>There's more excitement surrounding her work.

Yes exactly that's the point she's a new artist of course there is more excitement because it's NEW, i'm convinced Grimes won't be as relevant in years to come.

Kate Bush is pushing 60, Grimes will burn up much faster, the reason being that's she's not as diverse and is very current in her approach.

Grimes isn't nearly as diverse in her musical ability as say Bjork

*grimes pasta* wh

Joanna Newsom lyrically.
Whitney Houston vocally.
Joni Mitchell for the whole package.

Ignore the memes.

>Kate Bush is pushing 60, Grimes will burn up much faster, the reason being that's she's not as diverse and is very current in her approach.
What are you even talking about? All Kate Bush albums sound about the same, more or less. All Grimes albums are really different to each other. You can't confuse Art Angels with Halfaxa or Geidi Primes with Visions. Her diversity goes beyond album level: individual songs from an album are really different to each other. e.g. Scream compared to Easily.
>i'm convinced Grimes won't be as relevant in years to come.
We'll see. Grimes is smart enough to not make the same album twice if she wants to remain relevant. Her next album will sound like nothing she released before. Mark my words.

>Grimes isn't nearly as diverse in her musical ability as say Bjork
Did you even listen to Art Angels? It's like a supercharged Post.

Oh look another pie fight, DUCK

>those old laurel and hardy films
That dude on the right was so funny.

Excelsior!

is your standard for female musicians really just boiled down to "muh dick"?

Just dropped a bean in my lean

I never hated her.
You pricks have made me despise her.

>being so easily manipulated and naive
That says a lot about you.

this racist ole hag

>ole hag
She's dust at this moment.

bump

this lady right here

get off my board grimesposters

great smug kate, mind if i save it?

Unironically me

hehe it's all yours friend

Nina Simone

>Can only sing about depression.
>Doesn't have an other singing style than breathing

Good picks guys, thanks for going beyond looks here (although Björk, Bush, and Newsom do deserve to be considered)

Also do you people seriously believe an artist whose first album came out seven years ago can be considered among the greatest of all time? Get real

Taylor Swift?

I love grimes

Don't you?

Only right answer

Ella Fitzgerald

Ur mom

She could do anything

My nigga

(All of you just give up for our own good)

Grimes is my whole life

Then your whole life is a overrated mess who only has as devoted of a following cause she's pretty and has basic production skills.

I'm done

Prove me wrong

She is a nigger.

What? Lust for Life is almost completely depression free, have you listened to that song she did with the Weeknd?

uhhhhhhhhhh. Real nibbas know who dis bitch is

It's not your board

hayley is sexy and talented

>has basic production skills.
LOL. Her productions are very rich and detailed. Use your ears.

(you

You forgot a )
Even you knew you're not right.

It's definitely not grimes.
You can hype her up all you want but her strongest point will only reside in being a producer.
She is a god awful performer.

i think you should kill yourself

You're still talking about her though good cop bad cop

"You're still talking about her,"
Underaged.

>You can hype her up all you want but her strongest point will only reside in being a producer.
Wrong. You can't pretend her songwriting isn't top notch. There's a reason why songs like Oblivion were chosen as the song of the decade. Her songs are extremely well built and catchy. Her singing is also very rich and diverse; her voice has over 4 octaves.

You can't even stay on subject, m8. Fuck off for good. I commented on her performance. Watch live performances. She essentially has some one else que up her song, and she strums a guitar some of the simplest chords, while struggling to stay on key.
Fuck off, grimesfag. I did not mention her song writing. What is the point of being dumb as bricks?

>She is a god awful performer.
That's why she gets so much praise for her shows: nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/grimes-glastonbury-set-proved-bowie-and-prince-s-maverick-spirit-lives-on-771377

"that's why she gets so much praise"
by literally who? I don't give a fuck about some guy who thinks a career in music journalism is ground breaking.
Some one else's opinion isn't a citation, user.

Chill down dummy. You clearly said
>You can hype her up all you want but her strongest point will only reside in being a producer.
That part with the live performer was THE SECOND POINT.
>I did not mention her song writing
Read again your post. If you say that production is her only strong point that means that everything else is not good enough.