I was a former white supremecist, raised up literally going to KKK rallies and thinking accordingly...

I was a former white supremecist, raised up literally going to KKK rallies and thinking accordingly. I also used to think women are best suited in the home, and stuff like that.

Around 14, though, all of that changed because I actually learned to research for myself and began putting myself in situations where I'd be exposed (on purpose) to things I used to never agree with.

So, my question for you, Sup Forums, is how you came to develop the ideas and beliefs you have today. What makes you think the way you do? Have you really stopped to think and consider the other side's view point? Have you exposed yourself enough to people who differ from you in order to grow confidence in your ideas of how the world should work? Do you think the people in your life that you were raised or surrounded by shaped your opinions for you?

I'm interested in what ya'll have to say!

Other urls found in this thread:

fee.org/articles/truth-and-myth-on-the-gender-pay-gap/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqvvLBRDIARIsAMYuvBGpvzs6Yf8htcuYxYC-0fTQdsEnQTkElyf-U8htB3mnpzzKSRNu21saAl57EALw_wcB
google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jwebb/2016/03/31/women-are-still-paid-less-than-men-even-in-the-same-job/amp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I used to have weird beliefs until I first came into contact with the internet. My mom raised me to believe women could be strong and that marriage had benefits for both the man and woman. Now I believe that men should just pump and dump because woman have all the ups to everything in life. Men should stop being gentlemen and let women do shit on their own. Draft women for the army, let women see they are nothing without a man, and once women realize that allow them to be with us again. Right now women only use men for free food, money, and having children.

>I actually learned to research for myself

This is the part that most people fail at. When you accept that you don't actually know anything and all your ideas are not really your own they were put there by the environment around you you can open your mind and create your thoughts and ideas.

What facts do you have to support your beliefs? Have you ever criticized those beliefs? Is your mom a piece of shit or does she suport these ideas, or are you too afraid to own up to them in real life?

I have seen how sandniggers behave and profit of a from of overprotection by the authorities and therefore I struggle so that we can one day remove their european nationality and deport them back to the country of their origins. This only for the terrorists and the multirecidivist criminals. By doing that the rest of them would eventually behave as humans, since they need a threat to do so. I find them inferiors for that. Look at their countries that are dictatures just to hold these monkeys under control. I hate them because we are losing freedom because of them. Our kid and grand kids will not have a childhood like we had. These sandniggers are the stains of our democracies.

See, and that's the thing I don't get- ESPECIALLY because of the internet. We have immediate access to an infinity's worth of knowledge, and yet people with too much pride would rather believe they came up with their opinions on their own. Changing my beliefs was like getting fucked in the ass, because it was really uncomfortable to admit that I was wrong. However, you can't grow without a little pain!

Traitors get the rope

What would define a traitor in your opinion? I can understand this viewpoint, I'm just interested in the details. Who decides what a traitor is?

Ay, man. I don't really understand what you mean, nor do I care. I'm just not gonna get married, have kids, or treat women like princesses. It's like Mercy mains. Women think they deserve everything in the world for free, when really they're just pieces of shit.

My mom was a good woman though. She always cooked and cleaned for my dad., while my dad worked to support the family. That's how things should be, y'know? I wish that's how it would be now.

I listen to both sides and take their beliefs and actions into consideration and look for contradictions and factual errors to then make my opinion.

Why do you believe that's how things should be? I could understand the idea of "women being in the home" probably 60 or 70 years ago simply because we literally didn't have the technology we do now-a-days to make things easy and convienient. Back then, it was more practical to have somebody capable of sewing and other traditionally female jobs simply because it was more expensive to not do so and have both partners in a house working at once.

Do you believe all women really think they deserve everything, or do you think you may have just continually surrounded yourself around bad individuals?

not the user you replied to but have you heard of affirmative action or chivalry? women have always been a protected class, that is a fact though history and is being changed due to it not being needed anymore to survive.

I dont think reasoning with brainwashed 16 year olds who just think like everyone else on Sup Forums just to fit in is going to work.

maybe this can help you my friend fee.org/articles/truth-and-myth-on-the-gender-pay-gap/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqvvLBRDIARIsAMYuvBGpvzs6Yf8htcuYxYC-0fTQdsEnQTkElyf-U8htB3mnpzzKSRNu21saAl57EALw_wcB

Do you think women have been a protected class because of the social dictation placed on them? Women, throughout history, have been accomplishing amazing things equal to or greater than many men. Image is usually defined by the opinions of others, and the opinion of women has often been low despite it seeming as if they're placed on a pedestal.

>former white supremacist.

maybe they got it right as long as they're not hurting anyone.
diversity is fucking stupid anyway.
I would rather everyone respect each other's instead of shoving another person's culture down someone elses' for the sake diversification.
i'm asian btw

That guys "factors" on why women make less than men is bullshit. I know a woman who led a team on a project. The entire team was comprised of women. Employer hires a man fresh out of college and pays him more than her.

I used to be a brainwashed kid on Sup Forums, too. I just enjoy hearing others opinions because it's important to understand the reasoning behind them. This, in turn, helps to make more persuasive arguments. You can dismiss someone's opinion, but until you dismantle the literal foundation of that opinion, you won't be able to change their beliefs. Hopefully by opening up a dialogue here, we can all learn and be exposed to different things and ideas.

I don't think anyone truly shoves a culture down someone elses throat. Nobody forces you to be exposed to something, although the world you live in might change to be something other than what you're used to (which can certainly make it seem forced)!

you must not have any muslim people living in your town.

Women have been protected because they can make more people, all you need is one man and many women to repopulate a nation one women and many men don't do dick, it's about biology, not sociology.

Time makes fools of us all

>I know A women who did something a man can do.
some woman can do the same, no one is arguing against that but the majority are slackers who bank off of men, that's just how it is.

also did you not read the part about how men are more likely to negotiate to get a better bang for their buck?

That's an extremely primal viewpoint which I could understand when looking back at our human beginnings as hunter/gatherer societies. However, centuries later, I don't believe it's responsible to place the blame for that on pure biological reasons. Between our evolution and technological advancements, we no longer have to focus as hard on being able to create the next generation.

I think that question is very hard to answer. For me, it was never I think extreme this and I think extreme that. When I was little I don't think I really had any opinions. Teenage years I started to develope the crude self righteous 'opinions' the way most teenagers do it. That means very superficial view points, simple 'solutions' for complex problems all that bullshit you can also read here, on Sup Forums in comment sections, all that shit. I kind of fluctuated between far right and far left opinions, not american right and left, more like nazi and communism. Pretty edgy it was.

With time and upon gaining some more experience, issues appeared to be more complex than what I first perceived. So I adjusted, and am still adjusting my beliefs accordingly. There were never really any key events that changed any opinions I had, just small things I read or heard of or experienced that changed my view. With university, came better analytical thinking I guess but aging a little helps also maybe.

Today, I think I am sort of moderate right. I try to inform myself by reading up on interesting issues with magazines on different political spectra. I usually read leftist papers more, as I am more interested in seeing what the opposition thinks, and I love to get angry at the internet.

I hope the journey never ends, I'm by no means an oldfag (late 20ies) and the development will go on hopefully. Maybe I'll look back at my current self in 10 years and find my opinions equally retarded as the ones I held when I was in my teens.

I meant to respond in my last post, but I do indeed have many muslims in my town.

I understand completely! Your last part made me laugh, because I'm interested in seeing if my views will change once more again.

that's why men are revolting against the protected class of women and trying to make the west a meritocracy but feminism is trying to stop it because the majority of those "fighting" for feminism (#NotAll) are fighting for superiority and has become a toxic force that fight's for contradictory views like intersectional feminism for instance who "fight for LGBT right's but want Islam to take over.

Either
he was on contractor hours and it only looked that way (common)
Your friend was fucking awful and underpaid as a result
The guy actually negotiated his paycheck unlike your friend (most likely)
She's lying for sympathy

I think everyone that is not completely selfabsorbed or simply dumb will learn with time and change their views ever so slightly. A few years ago there was a man who had a great impact on my mind, it was my chemistry teacher who inspired me to go into chemistry myself. Me and a friend of mine who also went into chemistry because of him had these long lasting conversations about shit like stem, philosophy and general life. He had this awesome allegory going and it went something like this:
When you're a child like 3 years old and your dad takes you out to play at a meadow or something and he asks you to describe what you see, you'll be like "flower!" or "tree!" and it will be ok, because you are 3 years old and don't know that many words or complex sentence structures yet. As you get older, you are able to describe what you see in more detail and begin to understand how the things you perceive function. And maybe in the end you'll be able to name all of the objects and lifeforms by their scientific names and comprehend their inner workings and the way they all kinda click together. I know it's poretty hippy, but I think it explains the way we perceive things and better ourselves with aging and learning very well.

Kind of feels like white people are trying to out Jew the Jew.

>Ooooohhh noes, da white people are being systematically discriminated against

I agree! I'll be sure to use that comparison in my future explanations. Good luck with the chemistry thing, by the way- it's one of the only subjects I'm fucking ridiculously bad at.

Thanks m8 it works out pretty well, master degree is coming.

Taking a page from your previous response
Do you really believe women get paid less then men (all other factors equal), or do you think you may have just continually surrounded yourself around shitty workers?

No.

oh look, generation gay rubbed together enough brain cells to form a question.
>d-du-do you think ppl is product of their environment??

what a fucking mongoloid u are

Not completely, I will not think community when the community will shit on me

how so? there are laws in favour of minorities and women so why shouldn't people fight against that for maximum equality of opportunity and equality of justice, if I didn't know better I would say you want superiority of men and want to "Diversify" the western world with more trucks of peace.

of to over

you do?

I can do that too!
google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jwebb/2016/03/31/women-are-still-paid-less-than-men-even-in-the-same-job/amp/

I used to not have any beliefs, just say whatever people expected to hear.
Only thing that always bothered me is that I knew that it actually never fit. There always were holes in those beliefs, and by examining those holes I always sorta came to a conclusion that no, I don't believe in that.
Book helped a lot. Not sociological stuff, never read anything past Das Kapital in that regard, and I live in a post-socilalist society so I know where that leads. Mostly books about brain, ethology, evolution.
I always try to consider the other viewpoint, even as just as means to strengthen my own point. I try to expose myself to various points of view, although it is rarely a good idea in internet. Mostly I try to have long winded talks about stuff with people I know IRL.
My parents were a huge influence on my opinions, especially in the sense of what not to do. They are intelligent, smart and decent people, although I always felt that they are a bit naive. My father honestly believes that modern theoretical physics is jew's plot to make money and fame out of nothing, and my mom believes that life was better before soviet block dissipated into nothingness - therefore communism rules.
Other people around me mostly taught me that lacking any believes and moral standarts to uphold oneself to is not the best way to inner peace and comfort.

I used to not have any beliefs, just say whatever people expected to hear.
Only thing that always bothered me is that I knew that it actually never fit. There always were holes in those beliefs, and by examining those holes I always sorta came to a conclusion that no, I don't believe in that.
Book helped a lot. Not sociological stuff, never read anything past Das Kapital in that regard, and I live in a post-socilalist society so I know where that leads. Mostly books about brain, ethology, evolution.
I always try to consider the other viewpoint, even as just as means to strengthen my own point. I try to expose myself to various points of view, although it is rarely a good idea in internet. Mostly I try to have long winded talks about stuff with people I know IRL.
My parents were a huge influence on my opinions, especially in the sense of what not to do. They are intelligent, smart and decent people, although I always felt that they are a bit naive. My father honestly believes that modern theoretical physics is jew's plot to make money and fame out of nothing, and my mom believes that life was better before soviet block dissipated into nothingness - therefore communism rules.
Other people around me mostly taught me that lacking any believes and moral standarts to uphold oneself to is not the best way to inner peace and comfort.

Ahahaha, you got me, it is exactly what is going on right now. Wow, you are so smart. Can you teach me how to be as cool as you?
Yeah, btw - I neither drink, nor smoke, and even if I would - I would not do it sitting before a computer.

the same news outlet that takes quotes completely out of context from their political opponents like they did with Andy waterski and trump, they are next to Buzzfeed in trustability. get some independent sources then we can talk.

i'm sorry that life has conditioned you to arrive at this conclusion. The best advice I can give is to stop blaming everything around you for not handing you a perfect life and accept your own personal accountability. It's not what you want to hear but it is the truth. The world isn't out to get you nearly as much as you're out to get yourself.

Type it into google and research both sides

KEK

im commenting on your mental state more than the content of what you wrote. The victim mentality is strong

affirmative action is a law that makes jobs and schools favour women and minorities over white men, if they can do just as good why do they need this law in place and why do they fight egalitarians and MRA on trying to get it repealed?

Sorry
Meant for

my mistake snowflake. you seem triggered
maybe you should go vent on facebook and let everyone know your feelings

>news outlet
top kek

Even Forbes has said that the people writing for their website are just bloggers and not journalists

>stop blaming everything around you for not handing you a perfect life and accept your own personal accountability
I tell that to feminists all the time, funny how it works to both sides.

they are treated as such so I humour them on it because I don't want to fight about it for an hour.

you're still not getting how you're letting toxicity control your world view. look at how many damn white males still succeed despite affirmative action. If you got half as worked up about your own damn future you might actually have a life you enjoy instead of complaining on a frog message board

I posted that comment and I totally agree. Feminism for most is a guise to complain and avoid personal accountability.

whites are 69% of America no shit theirs going to be more white people and men tend to work harder than women so of course, they are going to be higher up. use facts not fee fees son.

So why aren't you doing it?

doing what?

No, I am not triggered. I just don't think that your genius response warranted anything else then mockery.

Just because one group of retards is slightly smarter than the other doesn't change the fact that the majority of the human race is retarded.

this I think we all can agree on.

I think women do indeed get paid less then men, and there's plenty of stats to support that statement. A big reason women make less then men on average is also because of a variety of social issues, including the fact that women have traditonally been homemakers and were supported more often than not into fields removed from STEM. There's a lot more stay at home moms than there are stay at home dads, and even when both parents are working it's still socially common for the woman to call out early if there's a family emergency (like a sick kid at school). They also often work less hours which contributes to lower pay do to reasons like that, sick kids, etc.

>Women work less than men
>Women get paid less
>WAH sexism

Sorry, but it's idiotic to believe that any class deserves a pay boost because they choose to do less work.

so you mocked my mocking of your stupid blog post? just go back faggot

That is exactly what I did. From your reaction I get that it worked. So go fuck yourself.

I'm serious, think of all the third world nations and all the fucking stupid fucking people you know.

Just look at TV and mainstream entertainment.
Reality TV and rap is only popular because it's cheap and easy to make.
People will watch anything, they think they are some how evolved beyond the ancient Romans but in truth it's only culture.
They watched people be killed and thought nothing of it. Now death is a taboo subject because we are protected by our vain attempt at understanding the empty void we call the universe.

When the anti-vaccers win eventually, Trump is one, and antibiotics stop working. What will the humans go to? God.
A fucking imaginary alien. A fucking imaginary alien from space, because when the assholes wrote the "holy" book when they said heavens they meant space.

If all intelligent life is like humanity its no wonder why we don't see anyone.

>how you came to develop the ideas and beliefs you have today. What makes you think the way you do?

The facts. Started to study them when I figured out the whole "muh racism" is a buch of bullshit and day by day is more like a psychosis than a thing.

The pay gap is because men take riskier jobs which tend to pay more.

you're not accounting for psychological impact and race relations

dats rite! its whitey's fault da niggas keep killin each other, with their instatutionalized racism keepin da nigga down

>akchully
listen retard, the only response your essay on reddit-tier sage knaawledge got was me mocking it, does that indicate anything to you?

-Every nation on Earth has kept slaves
-Jews made billions out of slavery

In 86 years of slavery only couple of thousand blacks were killed. Shouldn't it be like 30.000-600.000 dead niggers according to the movies produced by jews in Hollywood. Not only that but whites are still bashed for these assumed atrocities committed ages ago.

Everyone is just welcoming the death of white race with open arms because everyone believes the lies of a very bad nation.
I used to believe all of the right ways of thinking but when you dig deeper, the lies just keep piling up.

I didn't even use that word. It says to me that you are retarded. And probably can't even read.
>essay on reddit-tier sage knaawledge
Yeah, you are so calm. So calm butthurt is literally spilling over.
Admit it, you got assblasted. Then you could still run with a bit of dignity intact.

>psychological impact and race relations
What? When it's another black doing it then they don't care? I wouldn't feel good to see anyone killing anyone, whatever color they may be.

>research for myself

exactly what research did you do, OP?

It's a lot more complicated than how you're breaking it down, which is why it seems stupid when put into purely black and white thinking. Women get paid less because of, once again, a fuck ton of reasons (which are interlinked). Of course, there are women who don't work and are fine with it, and there are also women that believe they need to get paid more than men just for being women. However, much like how there's men who think they should get their dick sucked just for having one, in order to see the bigger picture of things you have to stop focusing on just situational things (although I will admit that that vagueness can be challenging; think of it like common sense).

White people look at black people differently because of skin color. Blacks do the same to whites. Any killing that involves different skin colors automatically evokes a different conversation than gang violence per se

theres no like button here and no one gives a fuck what your opinion is. you are the snowflake incarnate

Okay, so similar to my last response, why are women not taking riskier jobs? What could the possible reasons for that be? Why do we, as a society, encourage men to join these fields but not women?

I like this....
>fuck you all i want to do is ill you all fuck your skin fuck your face fuck your god damn mother fucking race

OP went to a liberal arts college, where zhe was told all of the right opinions to have

fuck your face ill gas your grandma with mace castrato shit maggots will learn their place

When referring to research, I'm expressing years of physically being in minority communities, actively submerging myself into seminars/educational experiences that represent different thoughts (both far right/far left in VERY simple terms), as well as the academic studies I've read and criticized accordingly based off of the potential biases includef in them.

burn your house down with your kids inside laugh like i just smoked a crack pipe but didnt light it

I used to be very proudly and strongly against racism. Then I became a teacher. Blacks are just the very worst. Lazy. Dumb. Rude. I mean, I started out wanting them to be better, primed to do all I could to create a place for them to succeed. But they just aren't bright, nor industrious, nor civilized.

and how does a KKK wizard such as yourself end up in the hood?

>oversimplifies argument
>gets called out
>accuses opponent of oversimplifying

You are right though. Women MAKE less (as opposed to getting paid less) money for a number of reasons, a majority of them involving work preferences.
>Men work more hours
>Men work more overtime
>Men are more likely to seek full time employment rather than part time
>Men work more dangerous jobs
>Men are more likely to work jobs that require extensive travel
>Men are more likely to work jobs with irregular hours/ schedules
>Men are more likely to attain degrees in STEM fields
>etc

Also, I don't know why you're bringing up homemakers. A person who is not employed or actively seeking employment does not count as part of the labor pool, therefore does not in any way affect gender based pay statistics

The accumulation of experiences and views youve had in the past are who you are today , and tomorrow you might be someone new. Im open to new ideas and concepts and ill gladly expand myself by indulging into other people's views and beliefs.
Image very related.

Have you looked at the reasons why your students may be acting this way? For instance, I suggest looking into the history of ebonics and why no form of speech is inherently better or superior than another. Think about the backgrounds of these students (overall family education, being targets of racism, location, etc.) which may have led to their current behaviors. I understand that it's incredibly easy to assume they're stupid/lazy/unwilling/etc. because of previous beliefs and preconcieved standards of acceptability. I went to a "segregated" highschool and had to face black culture every day as a white person who was completely on the outside, and over time I learned the motives and reasons behind a lot of "their" values/actions/other (I use the term "their" lightly, as I'm speaking in the MOST overall general term possible- I'm very aware you should avoid specific categorization).

You seem to be ignoring the proposed question. Can you explain the sociologic reasons for your examples? Why do men, on average, work more hours? Why do women, on average, have less jobs in STEM fields? I bring up homemakers simply because that directly contributes to women not being in the workforce- therefore, there are smaller amounts of women in the workforce.

You seem to be out of breath from shifting those goalposts so fast. Your original statement in regards to the 'pay gap' was how you knew women who got paid less than men for doing the same work. That is what I am arguing against. If you wanna argue sociological reasons why women CHOOSE to make less money, then say so; but please don't pretend that changing the topic means you win all previous topics.

>...smaller amounts of women in the workforce
Which amounts to fuckall when you're using a ratio as the crux of your argument

I understand this chicken/egg game, where we ask why black students are illiterate, discourteous, and slothful, as if somehow understanding makes the behaviour change. But really, to say, for example, "Sheniquazia is not doing her work because she grew up in a home where no one read and no one taught her the value of education" is only saying that she perfectly reflects the dysfunctional black culture from which she emerged. Her mother was an imbecilic parasite, as was her grandmother... so, this is simply a real indictment of their culture if we imagine there is no biological basis for it.

I'm almost positive you're mistaking another person's post for mine.

partly being fucked with as a kid (sexually) by a good friend, made me big on consent and education, being able to say no, intervening or just checking in when shit's going down. i've stopped at least one rape which would definitely have happened, possibly more, not sure how the others would have played out.

lots of drugs made me realised that we are all human, built with the same code, living in a beautifully crafted p2p simulation. hardships enrich your life. i have a lot of conversations with homeless people now, they are alot more interesting than the general public.