Hey Sup Forums i need help overcoming my addiction to marijuana, any tips ?

Hey Sup Forums i need help overcoming my addiction to marijuana, any tips ?

stop using weed

Stop smoking it?

Well no shit. Thats a start. But i get all jittery and cant stop thinking about using. I guess its my fault for buying a quarter

Try sucking cocks instead...
Seriously just stop smoking. It isn't physically addictive. You will be bored for a week or two and have some trouble sleeping. Just eat some Benadryl and play some vidya and STFU

Buy a fidget spinner

Work out, run, excersize the high is almost exactly the same chemically speaking.
Find things you love outside of lazy activities and you'll see they're much more rewarding
Weed can be benificial but it can also get in the way if you let it consume you

Well this was a bit more helpful. Yeah i think im just fighting boredom. I gotta keep busy.

don't the devil's lettuce.

I going on 4 weeks sober now. Was smoking about an eighth a week and went cold turkey. First week was terrible man nightmares lack of sleep mood swings all I need was for my asshole to start bleeding to complete the cycle. Time a place for everything my dude and right now smoking is holding me back from finding a better job. Try week if yourself off maybe smoke one day and not another little by little you'll get there but only if you want to

You didn't "get addicted" from a quarter. That's like finishing a 16oz prime rib at a steak house and saying you're addicted to beef.

smoke weed errday

Nooo i meant like i still have a quarter oz on me. Which is why i keep thinking of using. But i guess this will be my biggest test of will power

>I going on 4 weeks sober now. Was smoking about an eighth a week and went cold turkey. First week was terrible man nightmares lack of sleep mood swings all I need was for my asshole to start bleeding to complete the cycle. Time a place for everything my dude and right now smoking is holding me back from finding a better job. Try week if yourself off maybe smoke one day and not another little by little you'll get there but only if you want to

Try passion for powder for the anxiety at night and amuse yourself to alleviate boredom. It's all in your head. I've kicked a quarter a week habit and a 4L of vodka a week habit. Trust me on this, weed is easy mode.

This.

You're all jittery and shit because you've exhausted your dopamine levels. You'll hit a rut, yes, but it will pass. Pay attention to your diet as well, shit food will make you feel like shit.

Thanks bros.

I think i can do this.

bro, after the first week or so (assuming youre a daily user) it won't be as bad.
sometimes you're supposed to feel jittery. you can't self-medicate forever if you want to grow as a person (coming from a daily weed user who's been trying to quit as well)
just do some research into meditation or some shit like that, there's other ways to relax your mind, but keep in mind sometimes you are supposed to feel bad.
there's two sides to every coin

Just smoke the quarter first. That quarter isn't going to be a permanent self test. Your mind is going to fixate on it and then you'll get bored and smoke it then be filled with more self loathing then you already are. Just chong that shit today and tomorrow and don't call the dealer again. You can put down a quarter in a couple hooka sessions easy.

if I were you, I would smoke the rest of the quarter but over as long of a period of time as you can.
dont be smoking 3 or 4 joints a day or some shit, just smoke when you actually feel stressed out or like you "need" it
eventually transition to skipping a few days at a time until eventually the q runs out and it's not as sudden of a shock/change of mindset
just think of it as your last quarter and you have to make it last as long as you can

An addict will always replace one addiction with another. Just make it something healthy like becoming a gym rat or a painter or meditation guru. I quit weed and then started drinking. I would have been far better to just keep smoking. Now I can't do either, for life.

start drinking lol

That went super well for me

honestly the only thing that stopped me was getting on probation, i don't even remember it being too fun being a pot head anyway, made me lazy and started to make me kind of dumb

Thanks man. This made me feel better. I know ill be alright.
Doing this would feel like a waste to me cause i usually only do like a pinch per session. I don't over do it. I like the feeling of being slightly high. But ill probably juat finish it anyway. Or just sell it to some kid. I payed 50 bucks for the quarter i can probably make a nice profit from this

Stop it

worst advice

This is where im at now. Its not even fun anymore. So i think i need a nice long break so i can go do other shit.

Nah. I cant do that. Cause when i drink i crave it more. I used to get drunk all the time and then just top it off with a few fat bowls.

I usually smoke pot to get good ideas, maybe try that?

Done. Holy shit it worked

All addicts are pussys, stop being a pussy. You are in charge so grow a backbone and stop smoking if you want to stop smoking faggot

Im addicted to living. I do it everyday. How do i stop?

Try overdoseing on heroin, Dieing from it, Racking up 800k in hospital bills, having crippling memory loss from the overdose, can't work and have 4 months of our patient rehab having to attend... yeah bro.. I started with smoking weed

its funny how people say its not addicting when you get cravings for it just like you would with other drugs. also it affected my appetite to the point to where i coulnd't eat until i smoked a bowl because i would have no appetite even if i hadn't eaten. always had to smoke to get an appetite

Dont do drugs op

everybody who says addicts are pussies are the first ones to get horribly addicted because they themselves, are pussies

Keep believing that. Addictive personality is usually caused by childhood trauma. There is definitely a genetic component too. I bet you believe all mental disorders are fake too.

Don't mistake it being a legit disease for me calling for no accountability. Addicts have to be accountable for our behavior to heal but there are things we need help with. It's not as black and white and easy as we are all pussies.

Kek

How did you get started on heroin may I ask? Truly interested. I'm a recovering addict too. I smoked opium and popped pills but it never seemed to be accessible. I guess that has changed but when I was coming up H was just a whole another level.

Yes. Too much of anything can make you an addict. And that sucks. It hasnt affected me like that but holy shit i get the munchies hard. It has definitely made me fat. The weed really controlled my life. The highlight of my day is laying in bed watching tv or movies and being stoned.

just take kratom to stop cravings

Is that stuff even safe?

start by only smoking late in the day, don't do it when you wake up, the morning, or afternoon. I use that strat to conserve bud and reduce the amount I use, for you that would be a good starting point. Try and make it past dinner each day sober.

Ahh the horrors of the prolitariat. Why not try smoking weed and hiking or doing something social or productive being the highlight of your day.

If you are truly an addict then every day after you quit you will be fighting boredom. That's the enemy, because everything is better when a bit tilted. It's learning to manage that expectation that is recovery.

It makes sense that you would have a hard time dealing with the truth if you believe someone isn't a pussy for allowing a chemical to control their life

Thats a good idea. I dont normally smoke in the morning cause then id just end up wanting to smoke all day. But yeah ill start by just smoking at night and then just work my way into not smoking at all

yea, but it's mostly used for opiate cravings

Whatever. I don't anymore but there was a period of time when it did. Some people never get the chance. Have some compassion, maybe one day by no fault of your own you get in an accident and end up on the wrong side of a chemical.

I've never taken any opiates but kratom has helped me with weed cravings a ton. The only problem is that you might get addicted to kratom. But it is very safe still.

Yup but can be addictive too. Out of the pot into the frying pan as it were.

>chemical to control their life
Wtf do you think happens in your brain then?

first off, switch to cannabis oil if you're not strong enough to drop it all together. Second of all, get a gym membership. Third, pick a new thing to learn that requires you to be sharp minded and structured throughout the day. Pick up online trading on etoro or get into crypto. You'll quickly learn your wasted time and energy from mary jane is detremental to earning and learning in crypto. Good luck.

You know what I mean fucktard, foreign chemical

Telling people 'its okay! You have no control and aren't responsible for your actions!' is not helping them. Tell them to sack up and take control of their shit.

I hope you didn't pay more than $0.25 for your quarter.

dont smoke every day you dumbass. keep it to the weekends and you won't feel "addicted" and still be able to be a useful employee. and your tolerance won't be costing you tons of money.

Smoke whatever you have, get rid of the piece you use (give it to a friend or whatever) and don't call your dealer again. Stop hanging out with people that reinforce the habit. In my experience, this is the only way to stop/slow down

Physiological addiction =/= emotional/mental addiction

....so what you're saying is all addicts are pussys

Youre only an addict if you admit it

Keep that shit up man. I'm about to hit my 4 week mark in a few days and I'm doing it for the exact same reason as you. Whenever you feel that urge just remind yourself of how much fatter your checks will be, and when you're 65 years old and retired with a nice house you'll be able to smoke yourself silly. Hell if you're able save up enough you might even be able to retire early, and at the least you won't be saying "welcome to walmart" to buy yourself an oz.

youve only bought a quarter in your entire life???????????????????

First deal with your addiction to breathing, then the living addiction will resolve itself

ya'll are fucking pussies, smoke an oz a week you'll be ok just smoke another j lol