Quality aside, this album is sincere as fuck

quality aside, this album is sincere as fuck
itfeels weird thinking about how much radio music has changed in just a decade or so. when was the last time we had any mainstream, super famous artists being this upfront about their personal traumas and depressed outlook?

mainstream today is full of "rappers" who are really just shitty r&b singers swagged out

thank the Obama era. We'll never hear this album or shit like this on the radio again

>the obama era
Why is it Obama's fault?
Is it not equally Trumps fault if such a era doesn't come as well

Album and music have been ridiculed for over a decade on the internet for being shallow and edgy trite made for underage white suburb teens.
All of a sudden the main brain behind the band commits suicide and the album becomes an unsung masterpiece of the 00s.

Fuck off, no one likes this album unironically.

everything got dinu'd out during the obama era

our movies, tv shows, music, are all dinu'd out now. Not a coincidence.

at least read the OP next time, numbnuts

Okay so can you answer my question. Is it not Trumps fault and all other future presidents then if they are unable to bring those back during their era?

>being this dumb

I think music with lyrics like this is going to make a comeback honestly. This current era of post-irony is already starting to shift towards an age of neosincerity in which being completely honest and upfront without sugarcoating your feelings in verbose metaphors is going to be the big thing

I think those two things aren't exclusive; sure it's been made fun of for being edgy, but music memes take off in part because people like hearing it. It's good stuff and you can like the album while admitting it's a little edgy or cringy at the same time.

It always was a master piece of the 2000's that became a victim to internet memes.

>super famous artists being this upfront about their personal traumas and depressed outlook
I don't want to hear that shit though. Why not write music that deals with shit that everyone goes through not just angsty teenagers.

Are you trying to say LP were ahead of their time?

no, it's just a cyclical trend in culture

sincerity/earnesty is followed by irony and so it goes

Are you literally retarded? Shitty rap was already coming strong during the bush era. Remember 50 cent, twista, kayne, etc.

early kanye was good

eminem was good

now shit is all just mumble rap. Cmon man, you cant really say rap is better now than it was before Obungo

because that's fucking boring, do you ever turn the radio on?

You're either a mediocre troll, or an actual idiot.
Being either is a waste, so you should just go on ahead and Kill Yourself

Victim to internet memes? It became a victim of being just a shitty edgy album for early teenagers. Stop glorifying this shit.

tfw always thought this album cover was a hand until looking at it closely yesterday