Donald Glover's new show premiers tonight. Are you going to take a chance on it?

Donald Glover's new show premiers tonight. Are you going to take a chance on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

fxnetworks.com/live-tv/fx/Eastern
youtube.com/watch?v=J-vUJx8swoU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah I will. It looks decent and FX has a good track record

This is the 9th thread with this exact same picture and title
Stop with the blatant fucking shilling...

nah

I don't know, after reading that obnoxious comment he made for PR purposes, I get the feeling it's going to be a preachy fuckfest.

I was memed with Master of None, so I don't think I'll be watching this either.

why did they photoshop the peaches in? Thats fucking stupid. Lazy niggers

I'm white and will therefore not understand it.

Looks like a show for coloreds so no

Childish Gambino is probably one of the only black people I like

what made donald glover so cranky

he was so goofy back when he was doing standup and writing for 30rock and in community

Trying to figure out if I should watch this, or Ava Duverny's show Queen Sugar.
Donald Glover is a piece of shit, a mediocre rapper, and Queen Sugar looks more interesting visually.

But Atlanta might be better written with a more interesting story. He described it as "Twin Peaks with rappers".

Duverny gets no love from me after that cunning ploy to use racism as an excuse as to why she didn't receive a win.

He went to the projects where he grew up and no one likes him there because he was an uncle tom. He even got beat up.

So now he wants to prove that he is a real nigga

FX has two of my favorite shows (The Americans and You're the Worst) so I'll give it a shot.

I suspect someone casually said he wasn't really black so now he has to double down because performers with a base in sketch comedy are self obsessed, pretentious and cripplingly sensitive.

Talk to anyone taking UCB, second city or groundlings "classes" they're fake fuckers trying to learn how to act normal.

why do they have that in their mouth?

>he's not atlantean

I haven't seen Selma so I have no opinion, but racism definitely does have a role when it comes to awards and nominations.
It's complete bullshit that none of the actors from the Roots (2016) got nominated for Emmys.

posters/promos like that annoy the shit out of me.

>browses Sup Forums from dusk till dawn

Peaches are the only thing people know about Georgia.

>I suspect someone casually said he wasn't really black
He himself has talked about it in his promos for Atlanta.

>shilling.
I think the intent of the person spamming similar threads is to provide racebait.

No thanks, I'm white.

>"Are you dirty evil whites gonna let Atlanta™ teach you about the ins and outs of Black Culture™?"

Nah.

This.

They just can't wait to spout memes round these parts.

Source?

This pretty much just looks like a black version of Master of None. An observation of being 30 in the 21st century, more than an analysis of it.

Yes, I think I can "get it" since I grew up in the South around black people. Hopefully the show is more focused on being funny than preachy. Best case scenario it's black Eastbound and Down, I dig comedies filmed on location in the South. Worst case scenario it's unfunny political crap aimed at black SJW's.

it won't even be introspective, it'll just be like an observational slice-of-life. Master of None is just this, and the observational dialogue is nothing we haven't covered before

>Casual racism
>Awkward dating
>relationship/friendship woes

Here's my prediction: It's going to be so pretentious that niggas are gonna dislike Glover even more, lel

I know you aren't ((allowed]]aAs_("> to talk about black issues on Sup Forums but this guy is one of the most talented black men who has ever lived so I think I'll check it out.

Yes

I'm not saying all that but I'm going to give it a chance.

> tv show written by white boy's favorite nigger
> hires all black writers, tells white boys to fuck off
> white boys stop watching
> real niggers don't watch fucking sellout, barely black, community nigger donald glover anyways

Wow long before this show gets cancelled from no viewers?

>white boy's favorite nigger
Who is perpetuating the idea that people like Donald Glover?

Math says blacks are over represented both in nominations and wins. So, you're right, there's racism, it's just not against black creators.

americans are so fucking awful, stop fucking worshipping niggger cock holy shit

as a rapper he seems pretty popular

We communicate in ENGLISH. Try it some time.

ill check the show out.

not really judging glover based on his blackness or said blackness of the writers. just seeing if its a good show or not.

By what metric? You know who he is?

FX should have taken a page from one of their better shows and used black face instead of real blacks. Only cucks will watch this.

>ITS A BLACK LIVES MATTERS EPISODE
>EVERY EPISODE

Which episode?
inb4 their actual wedding photos

do you know what year it is? the fact that he did all this shit means it will win a fuck ton of awards and shit

>Niggers show

Hahahaha good luck with that Mr. Glover

It's one of the episodes where they remake lethal weapon. It could be "The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6" or "Dee Reynolds: Shaping America's Youth". don't remember which

I'm gonna give it a fair shot because I'm genuinely interested in seeing Don Glover's approach and this is his big derectorial debut. I've been watching his career since the days of Derick Comedy and Community is one of my all time favorite shows. I suspect it's going to be good, but I'm also going to be super critical about it. Either way, good or bad, I'm probably going to walk away from it with a strong opinion. We'll see

same.

Definitely the show looks to be complete nogkino.

no as i dont find him funny. i cringed for the most of his show. not a great actor either

>made a career out of being a white black guy
>creates TV show about how hard it is to be black

Lol nobody takes this nigga seriously

dont worry, glover is about as white as a black man can be

I wonder if it will be about them studying physics or learning a trade and getting ahead in life

nope it's about breaking into the hip hop scene

yawn

dis u

Who?

Why? His music is garbage and he's a "we woz kangz" faggot

keep pol shit in pol jesus christ

any streams?

I always hear about people talking about his new songs both online and in class/at work and looking at his youtube right now his songs have 25-50 million views each so yeah i'd say hes pretty popular

>FX
pass

Sure, Donald Glover is alright and trailer felt comfy as fuck.

its up bois

this is kino that de ja vu guy was funny as fuck

I just marathoned the first four minutes on mute am I a fan?

who got da stream

fxnetworks.com/live-tv/fx/Eastern

>garbage

Buy some taste.

youtube.com/watch?v=J-vUJx8swoU

so she's a whore?

>brought to you by Miller light

Nah he's funny as an actor but as a writer/producer I have no faith in his ability to be funny

>tfw videos don't play in canada

sorry to hear that man.

smoking weed wow way not to pigeonhole a race of people

SATAN WITNESSED

Is the online stream different or is fuck allowed on cable now?

It's a show about atlanta kys

black rappers smoke weed man.

This is the authentic black experience

Do black people talk like that when they're not around white people?
The only thing they're missing is the stammering affectation to sound like whites. Even white people ironically call each other nigga

I like it already
Mostly because my family back home in Georgia is probably two steps away from calling me an uncle tom
being black is such an annoying meme

haha whoops meant to reply to

nice stereotype

So far its good!

not gonna lie, them sweating while out doors really impressed me

seriously go watch any show where people are outside, they never show them fucking sweating

>yet we're still at 86 replies and will probably reach bump limit

>White person says nigga

Okay this is real

i like the ambient bug noise

I love all of FX comedies, especially It's Always Sunny and Arrest Development.

he's a grown ass man with a child, why does he have a backpack?

oh sweet they're tackling the issue of white people saying nigger. so brave

It's water from a spray bottle, dweeb.

it isn't an issue, it's just he knows Glover's character is a beta bitch who won't do shit about it

This show isn't really about tackling issues.

It's just telling a story so far.

who is the audience for this?

i feel like i need to be from the hood to understand some stuff then they go and make a don lemon joke.

even still, that they show it at all is a finer detail that I appreciate

Kinda the whole point is that he's a manchild. Same reason he's wearing those clothes that look like they belong to a fourth grader.

That's some pretentious shit from back in the 90s. Backpack rap or some shit

it's just a look at life in Atlanta from the perspective of a smug, intelligent but slacker hood rat