What if we really are living in a simulation? What if it is humans in the future doing the simulation...

What if we really are living in a simulation? What if it is humans in the future doing the simulation? Say for medical purposes or scientific knowledge? What if there are hundreds of thousands of sims, maybe millions? Could it be possible?

No.

If it is, then you can be sure the entire universe isn't being simulated, it just appears that way.
Hell, if it is, I doubt most people are even real, just extras in someone else's life; the fabric of reality simply doesn't support simulating the lives of that many people.

perhaps it's just me living in the sim, and the rest of you fags are just procedurally generated

How can you say that? Look how much computer processing and storage have increased in just the last 20 years. Extrapolate that a thousand years into the future and the possibilities are beyond what we can even imagine.

Could be true but wouldn't it be beneficial for future generations who have the computing power to do this? If even just to study the rare cases? Would we know for sure if some people were immune to cancer/hiv etc? My grandmother smoked two packs a day lived till her 90s no cancer.

Yeah but then what's their reality? You still run into the same quandaries. Who am I? What am I doing? What is this setting me up for?

Unless we find a way to transcend the laws of physics, the technology has simply gotten too small.
We're at the point where quantum phenomena has adverse effects on the circuits, where mere electrons are the bits being carried instead of pulses.
We can't go any deeper.

Then again, that's all moot if the rules of the actual reality are nothing like this one.

Doesn't make a difference.

i was kidding.

if you have the tech to run such a complicated sim then cancer and hiv are probably not big concerns.

If we are, I'd like it if our overseer would patch me into a long lasting and loving romantic relationship with the woman of my desires.

And perhaps boost my stats up to max levels (at least charisma, luck, and intelligence).

That would be really groovy of them.

Wouldn't it kinda create a paradox us knowing that the universe is a simulator though?...

no?

wouldn't it be possible for the non-simulated reality to have a completely different physics and limitations?

It's all God.

It is possible and actually very likely. Take this to /x/ for less scattered replies. Doesn't look like they have a sim thread up right now but is kinda on the same topic.

Double slit quantum eraser experiment, time and matter at the quantum level are collapsed by an observer. More and morning evidence is coming out stopping the idea that we are in a simulation. How you take to that depends on what you believe I guess.

you all are nothing but text

Well text need some lovin too.

You are nothing but >arbitrary abstraction<
Are you brainlets really impressed by this shit?

Congratulations! Because of this post, you've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequel to your life! Filming will begin within the next three months.

In the meantime, I suggest you follow this small bit of advice; don't fight it. Just let go. It'll all become that much easier once you stop resisting our advances.

We'll see you soon!

What is Quantum Entanglement?

Its not possible because the universe is too complicated for humans to fully comprehend and create a accurate program out of.

there is literally no evidence that could disprove the theory that everything is a simulation

> there's always one level higher

>humans are the only thing ever to exist that could be capable of making a simulation of the universe
Do you realize how unlikely it is that there has never been/will never be another intelligent species somewhere in this universe? do you realize how long existence has gone on for and how many enourmous leaps in science have been made in the last hundred years alone? To say anything is impossible, and to speak in absolutes in most cases really, is pretty foolish at this point in history.

A special form of correlation between systems that makes it impossible to describe the sate of each system separately but instead you can only describe the state in terms of both systems.

That's true but if they had no problems why would they run the sim? For history or entertainment purposes I guess? But for sure there would be future sjw up in arms over this. Then again I guess it could be likened to testing products on mice.

Irrational numbers automatically disprove that theory

That makes it unfalsifiable, and thus completely junk. Your hypothesis needs to be falsifiable for it to be testable.

bamp

Pavement is the bomb, yo

In what way do numbers 'exist'? They are merely a concept. You wouldn't have to save pi on our hard drive in order for us to define the concept.

Sorry bro it cant be done. When a subatomic particle moves it does not move mathematically it actually moves from point 0 to 1 in the real universe by crossing all of the numbers between 0 and 1, that distance is infinity itself. Calculating that requires an ability to calculate infinity. The finite cannot calculate infinity. But you are also forgetting Pie and all other irrational numbers too. Our computers cant even calculate Pie. But now you expect its possible to calculate infinity and the motions of all particles in the universe, all particle interactions, cells, and conscious behaviour of intelligent beings. Oh and you think its possible it will calculate another machine doing the same.

>If it is, then you can be sure the entire universe isn't being simulated, it just appears that way.

Why not? We know that matter cannot be created or destroyed. This means there is a fixed amount of matter in the universe. That means there is an edge somewhere, we might not know about it yet, but there is an end. This and everything we know could totally be simulated.

The Commissioner of the US Patent Office in 1899 asked Congress to eliminate his own Office because, in his mind, everything that could possibly be invented had already been invented.

check out d wave super computers. they are doing some wild shit

I agree that there's a lot humans aren't capable of right now. My argument is more that we don't know what tomorrow will bring or what other species halfway across the cosmos are capable of. To assume that what your understanding of the universe is sufficient for the task of deciding what could and could not be is both arrogant and small minded.

We know more today than we did yesterday and tomorrow we'll know more than we do today. Who's to say what that knowledge will entail and what doors it will open? I refuse the idea that any person knows definitely what is and is not possible in this reality, especially when a human life is weighed to the scale of a star's.

science is gay as hell you bunch of fucking nerds

future human detected

they VR our world and live here doing super cool shit

A pointless question, as there's no way to reveal an answer.

cool story

i "lived in a simulation. When i was drougs, all the people what i meeted just were all the time triyng to sell me drugs with the pretext of be friends

*cue music insuing existentialism*

no. not at all. the idea of that being possible is so obscure and beyond our physical knowledge that it would never be possible.

but given the thought, what do you think you would like to do in a world such as that?

just, like, a simple skateboard trick.

If that were really then case then I can thank whoever is in control for my life not being shitty