Was Metal Gear Solid 5's Snake modeled after Ryan Gosling's character in Drive?

Was Metal Gear Solid 5's Snake modeled after Ryan Gosling's character in Drive?
>almost zero lines
>love interest that is impossible to pursue
>80s soundtrack
>Real human bean

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/global/john-carpenter-plagiarism-case-luc-besson-lockout-1201826597/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>hack creator
>overrated and disappointing
Hey you're right

MGS 5 takes cues from Kagemusha more than anything Big Boss is scum

>almost zero lines
that was more to save money than anything

>Replace longtime iconic voice actor of series with your actor crush
>Can't afford to actually use him

kek

>it's a Sup Forums is bored of their childish medium episode and hangs out on Sup Forums episode.

Heh.

It's pretty interesting that apparently it was never a done deal for Hayter to reprise Snake, he had to try out every time

Apparently Kojima wanted to get rid of him since MGS2.

desu this is really my first time in a few months posting on any board period

What love interest? Was he supposed to like that crackwhore I murdered in the ruins?

No, he's modeled after Snake Plistkin from Escape from New York

/thread

well yeah the original snake was. Metal Gear Solid 5's snake is different

>lawyers tell Carpenter they should sue Kojima he >counters that Kojima has always been upfront about the inspiration, lets it slide
>Besson makes Escape from La in space
>rapes that motherfucker in court

>well yeah the original snake was.

As well as Kyle Reese/Michael Biehn

Why is Konami still putting out Metal Gear Games without Kojima? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel the missing content... and the ending... even Mission 51. The series I've lost... FOB microtransactions... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past

Racist piece of shit cripple, I'm glad Liquid snapped your neck in the middle of the night.

Snake in V was modeled after Max from Mad Max fury road

Kohima was obsessed with it on Twitter

No, he was inspired by max from fury road

What movie was that?

Lockout

variety.com/2016/film/global/john-carpenter-plagiarism-case-luc-besson-lockout-1201826597/

I dunno, maybe a little but its really about the way modern motion capture tech works. The game model needs to be a certain % similar to the one doing the facial capturing. Snake is more Keifer-ish than the previous models. Thats also why Ocelot looks so Troy Baker-ish.

Go to bed, David.

Absolutely based!

Wow, what a queer

No, Venom Snake had nothing but disdain and hate for Quiet. She loved him but he never loved her back. Her dying alone and heart broken was always part of his plan for revenge, i.e. becoming a demon. She was less than friendzoned by Venom.

how do you explain the rain scene? where they embrace but then Quiet then pulls away and leaves

Venom was trying to foster feelings of love in her heart just to break it later on, remember he doesen't save her when she is being tortured by miller and he doesen't go after her in the desert, the snake was planted and so was the sandstorm, just so she could die alone knowing her love would never be realized, so that Venom Snake could have his revenge for what she did to all those people in the hospital (remember quiet is a cold blooded killer)

this guy is a memester

>tfw really dig Kiefer as Snake
>tfw barely any speaking roles
It hurts.

no this guy

>you gonna extract HIM?

>ywn have quads as joocy as Venom Snake's

Fuck you, Kaz is best boy.

>its a Sup Forumsedditor thread

>forgetting he's posting on Sup Forums
>about tv and movies
>instead of posting on Sup Forums
>about some dumb fucking video game that has no relevancy to tv or movies other than MUH KOJIMA

this isn't even tertiary discussion, this is just shitposting

fuck off faggots

They never should have used Hayter for Big Boss in the first place. Why would he have the same voice as Solid when Liquid and Solidus have clearly different voices?

That was just the cover, the character itself has nothing to do with Kyle Reese.

It was Ocelot actually.

Keifer recorded tons of lines for the game. But apparently Kojima saw mad max fury road when it was almost ready for release and suddenly changed his mind in a big way. He loved the idea of a more silent protagonist and cut loads of snakes lines from the story.

This pissed Konami off even more which is when they said enough is enough, you're not only over budget buy we paid millions to hire this massive actor for voice work and you've just wasted all of money by removing the majority of the script.

Thematically it makes sense since punished snake, the games protagonist is just a patsy, being used to prop up the image of big boss and gain power for the games real Big Boss. The man in bandages, Ishmael in the beginning has that same cocky and heroic tone that Big Boss famously has. As he is the real big boss. Also played by a Keifer. So he gets a lot more lines per minute than venom ever does. V on the other hand is like a brainwashed, trauma survivor. His agency is all fucked up and he's suffering constant delusions. So he's all quiet and fucked up like a catatonic mental patient.

I actually think it makes the shitty story of my own clone! a little less dumb. But the not even the tightest script in the world could've saved meta gear from Kojimas creative lunacy.