Growing tired of the hip hop genre, pls help

So my music library is 90% hip hop and the other 10% is a mix everything, but I'm trying to get as much non hip hop music as possible, as I'm not enjoying the genre lately. I'm extremely picky with the songs I keep off any album, rarely is it more than 3-4 songs, and I only have like 4-5 full albums in my whole library. I realized that even though it's hard for me to find tracks of another genre that I like, the ones that I do keep I enjoy 100x more than any hip hop song, which is why I want to have as many as possible.
I figured I'd list some of my favorites to give an idea (nothing too esoteric for people on a board like this one I'm sure, but if you don't know one of these I'm sure they're Sup Forums approved)
>Of Montreal: The Past Is A Grotesque Animal
>Boris: Feedbacker (Parts 2&3) / Farewell / Pseudo-Bread
>Blonde Redhead: Luv Machine / (I Am Taking Out My Euro Trash) I Still Get Rocks Off / This Is Not / Elephant Woman / Pink Love
>Boredoms: (Circle)
>Sigur Ros: Svefn-g-englar
>GYBE: Bleak, Uncertain, Beautiful... / Sleep / Antennas To Heaven
>Mogwai: Katrien / Help Both Ways
>Swans: The Beautiful Days / Volcano
>Björk: Joga / So Broken / Unravel / Cocoon
>Julia Holter: Goddess Eyes I / Night Song / Betsy On The Roof
>Cocteau Twins: I Wear Your Ring / Plain Tiger / Ivo / Beatrix / Persephone / Pandora
>Hiatus Kaiyote: Shaolin Monk Motherfunk / Borderline With My Atoms / Breathing Underwater / Building A Ladder / Mobius Streak / Lace Skull / Nakamarra
>Portishead: The Rip
>Slowdive: Dagger
>Goat: Goatman
>Alcest: Les Iris
>BBNG: Since You Asked Kindly / Can't Leave The Night
>Animal Collective: I Think I Can
>Beach House: New Year / Walk In The Park / 10 Mile Stereo
>The Mars Volta: Vermicide / Asilos Magdalena / Wax Simulacra / Conjugal Burns / Inertiatic ESP / Eriatarka / The Widow / Conertina / The Malkin Jewel / Halo Of Nembutals / With Twilights As My Guide / Desperate Graves
First time ever on Sup Forums, I hope recommendation threads are ok

avoid grimes at all costs

Jesus, what a shit taste in music. Fuck off back to r/hiphopheads you massive cunt

the list is supposed to be entry level, the whole point of the thread is that I don't know shit about any genre that is not hip hop, so it's not like I feel insulted because you're calling me a pleb; it was assumed in the OP.
So instead of being a secretive elitist cunt, perhaps you could make a suggestion from your superior hipster taste in music, or point out what is so objectively "shit" about those tracks.

Huh. Ok. Kinda hard for me to recommend music for you since I think more in terms of albums.

Idk buddy, maybe check out Loveless, Pet Sounds, Remain in Light, other generally highly regarded albums and see what songs you like from there?

Voodoo's an R&B album most hip hop fans really like, so maybe try that one out too.

its not hard to expand your taste dumbass

whatever hip hop album u like best. look up the artist they sampled and go from their. jfc

Albums are fine, when I like 2-3 songs of an artist I go through their discog anyway. I already have Loveless (When You Sleep, Only Shallow, Come In Alone). Also already have D'Angelo tracks and other R&B like Malibu, I just didn't include any because it's closer to hip hop and I'm familiar with the genre, whereas with rock and others I don't even know where to look. 2 songs in Remain In Light sounds awesome so thank you for that.

just get into jazz and R&B if you're already embracing the BBC anyway

> I'm extremely picky with the songs I keep off any album, rarely is it more than 3-4 songs
People actually delete songs making the album incomplete?

Never thought of that, that's actually a great idea. thanks

I know, I know. My friends always tell me it's like ripping pages off a book or skipping scenes in a movie. I disagree, I think shuffling is a legitimate way of listening to music. I've tried keeping whole albums before but my library just became a mess where I didn't enjoy half the songs

yes user not everybody is a rockist cunt. some artists only have one or two decent/listenable songs

Ok then, so this is just a list of the non-hiphop albums I've listened to lately, maybe you'd enjoy some of them- Sound of Silver, In Rainbows, Kill the Moonlight, Blood on the Tracks, The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady, Person Pitch, You're Living All Over Me, Head Hunters, Zepellin II, Ys, Funeral, Whokill, Cosmo's Factory, Automatic for the People.

Hope some of those look appealing to you, happy listening

Not every song on every album is worth hearing every time. The Beatles' White Album is an all-time favourite but rarely do I want to hear Revolution 9, and fuck Yoko's bits of Double Fantasy.

Thanks, torrenting the shit out of those right now. Already have In Rainbows (kept 4 songs) and have like 30 other Radiohead songs. I didn't list any super mainstream/classics in the OP, thought they'd be too obvious, but I have a decent amount of those already

>So my music library is 90% hip hop

i'm literally crying for this poor guy

No problem, hope you like some of those. Got any hip hop you can recommend me?

Sad way to experience music imo, albums are meant to be played all the way trough, but I guess singles killed that for many many people

yes user but many albums (especially rap ones, yikes) have shitty songs or filler. it's not unheard of to skip these songs or avoid them altogether

When? Singles has always been around

>Artists only have one or two decent songs
Then why the fuck are you listening to that artist or even waste the bandwidth downloading those songs?

>be you
>hear random ass 11/10 song from X artist
>rest of the album is absolute shit
what do?
a) keep song and delete the rest of the album
b) keep shit album just for one song
c) miss out on an 11/10 song because muh art
????

don't listen to those racist rockists, listen to music whatever you want.

Just stream it then

why use 2 apps for music instead of just having one library, that doesn't sound convenient at all

get some nuts
listen to some man shit
every song has better guitar than 90% of Sup Forums can play