DAILY REMINDER

The Beatles pioneered folk rock and Pedo Scacunny ignores it because it doesn't gel with his narrative.

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/vol1/byrds.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They literally didn't

They didnt pioneer much of anything, but they certainly perfected everything that they did. They didnt invent psych rock, but theyre the best psych rock band, etc.

They were the first group to do Dylan-influenced pop songs, with an electric 12-string guitar nonetheless. Scaruffi is correct in debunking many of the innovations credited to them, but he becomes so consumed by this that he ignores the one thing that they genuinely did create.

They just went from Doo Wop to Experimental Doo Wop, that's it.

>theyre the best psych rock band
not even remotely

Yeah they really are.

>the beatles fused cultural motifs to create a marketable product
kool

Yes, that's a particularly autistic way of describing innovations in popular music.

not him but please listen to more music before posting on a music board

I've listened to more music than you and everyone you know. Plus I write for and play multiple instruments. The Beatles are still the best.

Then you sure listened to a lot of shitty ass music.

You'll understand music better after your 21st birthday. Don't worry, just give it time :)

just because they were influenced by dylan doesnt mean they pioneered folk rock you fucking idiot

stop spamming this nonsense

That's exactly what it means, though. I'm genuinely sorry that you fell for the Scaruffi meme. Beatle fangirls and music defeners annoy me too.

>stop spamming this nonsense
>posts nonsense

What did he mean by this?

Ad hominem is all the drones have, my friend.

>So I was in a high old state of affairs, and Clem walked in one afternoon with that first Beatles album, Meet the Beatles. He put it on, and I just didn't know what to think. It absolutely floored me- "Those are folk-music changes, but it's got rock and roll backbeat. You can't do that, but they did! Holy yikes!"
- David Crosby (1995)

>The Beatles came out about that time and I got really jazzed by the Beatles. I loved what they were doing and they were doing a lot of passing chords. Like instead of just going like G, C, D, they'd go G, Bm, Em, C, Am, to D. So, the minor and passing chords I liked and, I thought these are really folk music chord changes. I kind of got it from what they were doing, I guess because they'd been a skiffle band.
- Roger McGuinn (2006)

>The blending of Folk and Rock was something that was inspired by The Beatles when I was working for Bobby Darin in New York. I was in the Brill Building in 1963 and I heard The Beatles and it inspired a combination of Folk and Rock and I went down to Greenwich Village and I started playing traditional songs with a Beatle beat and gradually when I went out to the West Coast Gene Clark came along and David Crosby and we formed The Byrds around that sound.
- Roger McGuinn (2007)

>contemporaries never spoke highly of the Beatles
(not true, by the way)

scaruffi.com/vol1/byrds.html
>the band that linked Dylan with the Merseybeat
(not true, by the way)

yo can i copy ur fallacies homework? i got so wasted last night dude xD

OP, You know what it would take to reunite the beattles?
Two Bullets

Nice

Kek

even if they weren't literally the first to do something, the fact that they brought things like guitar feed back and backwards tracking to the mainstream is noteworthy.

but yeah, dylan is the one who pioneered folk rock.

Did you guys know John Lennon beat his wife?

He stopped around 1963, IIRC. Stuck solely with emotional abuse.

For example, Pink Floyd are a far better psych band.