Generation x got musical genius, charming, good looking, feels-providing Kurt Cobain

>generation x got musical genius, charming, good looking, feels-providing Kurt Cobain
>generation z gets... Chester
what went wrong?

Who does gen y get?

kanye

who the hell would care if Kanye wasn't there??

Liam Howlett, Aphex Twin

first day here?

huh?
Aphex has been around earlier than LP

I can tell already that this is going to be a good thread

So has Liam Howlett.

Aphex Twin is Gen X, dude.

Cobain go murdered.

>"charming, good looking" Kurt Cobain

>generation z gets... Chester
>generation z
>band that released its first hit album in 2000
>generation z

gen y got Chester
gen z got meme rappers

CB was born in 1976, that would make him sort of on the fence between Gen X and Millenials.

This, Gen Z is born 1996 onwards (no one is really sure of the cutoff but essentially that). I don't think anyone in Gen Z got into Linkin Park when it was coming out, if anything it's a Millennial/Gen Y band. Gen Z isn't really getting loads of music out yet, we'll need a few years for that, but their formative music years have been the 2010s.

All of the grunge generation were born in the 60s, they were the guys who came up in that 80s punk/alternative scene. The nu metal generation were born in the 70s, they were not old enough to have been moshing at Black Flag gigs back in the day.

Most of the 90s' music scene is Gen X, honestly.

>Kurt Cobain: born 1967
>Rivers Cuomo: born 1970
>Thom Yorke: born 1968
>Richard D. James: born 1968
>Boards of Canada: older brother was born in 1970, younger brother was born in 1971
>NWA: every member was born in the 60s, ranging from 1961 to 1969
>Notorious B.I.G: born 1972
>2pac: born 1971

It's actually very interesting, especially when you consider that most of the early albums of bands that started in the 2000s (that whole post-punk revival era and everything that followed it), they're already generally considered to be out of Gen X and into Gen Y according to some.

I'm kinda nervous as to what will be the music that Gen Z makes. It's pretty much the first generation since the 50s where Rock wassn't one of the most popular styles in their adolescence, where most people define their musical taste.

>Aphex Twin
not famous enough to enter the same category as Kurt and Chester

if he killed himself... it wouldn't be a twitterfest

Normies only heard Windowlicker anyway

Uh...yeah. There weren't any Millenials putting music out until the 2000s. Maybe late 90s if you can consider Britney Spears et early Millenials.

>I'm kinda nervous as to what will be the music that Gen Z makes. It's pretty much the first generation since the 50s where Rock wassn't one of the most popular styles in their adolescence, where most people define their musical taste.
Ehh its already here. Trap shit will continue being what's trendy. We are stuck with that forever. Skrillex did something cool with the never heard before insane sounds in Scary Monsters but it got old fast as everyone copied him and now even himself is doing trap shit/house-EDM whatever shit style that easier to make.

That's what I said.

Gen Xers always seemed to be into this kind of snarky shock humor and self-hating S&M. You don't see Millenial artists do that.

Please, do your research before you criticize other people's posts. For starter, you should know what years "Generation X" or "Generation Z" cover but more importantly, that the word "generation" refers to tTHINGs that are generated by people in times! To help think of it "to generate".. It is a word that only applies to a thing thats a "Noun" and can't refer to the musician itself because it is the musician makes the Music/ of Songs (Nouns created by people)

Generation X was named after the video game Mega Man X and subsequently t represents the work created on an international scale while the Mega Man X series was very fun. Can be confusing but this term can also be applicated to classic Mega Man as well, because X is from the same series and is also starring a character called "Mega Man". In a word, (meaning basicaly, as you know) what you know as "Generation X" roughly extends to of content created from 1987 (Mega Man 1 on NES) to 1997 (Mega Man X4 on PS). After this game, they continued to make X5 and X6 and even going as far as having a live action skateboarding tribute to the X Games, but the Capcom stopped making big quality content and thus the era ended...

But something new was starting to grow in over the horizon... The Land of the Rising Son had a new series and its "Generation Z" referring to a show known as Dragon Ball Z. The term means anything created When Dragon Ball Z started production and had itself on Toonami on the original Cartoon Network. This happened in 1997 and we thought the era was over when Toonami ended but Toonami is back baby & they still show Dragon Ball Z. And so the era continue there's no letters after the letter "Z" (obviously) and I come home and would and every day from school, I'd run home because it couldn't wait to watch. Loved the series it has personal meaning to me.. guess I DEFINITELY a "Z-kid" or WHATEVER you call me and there's no shame.

Pic related, Goku (Kakkarot) rock and roll!

he's not that relevant these days

>musical genius
>Kurt Cobain

pick one

both.

Stop being contrarian.

>makes a pop punk album
>genius

Smells like Teen Spirit was literally a cover of Louie Louie

Stop being contrarian.

Your taste is bad and you should feel bad.

>Kurt Cobain
>not good looking
Granted he go weird and abscessesy in the height of his heroine addiction bit he was a pretty good looking guy.

I didn't say his music was bad, he just wasn't more of a genius than any other hick making punk

LOL Millennials (Gen Y) got Chester. Tbh Chester is exactly who millennials deserve. Gen Z is gonna get someone awesome.

cancer

Unironically this

>Nirvana
>grunge
>good
please consider suicide
Honesty as a metlafag, the worst thing that could have happened to metal was grunge and the creation of Nirvana and Panterible.Those fucker and their ilk ruined the fucking decade for me.
And let's not talk about nu-metal - that shit is dead and we have just escaped it's synth clutches, so let's just leave that corpse to rest shall we.

>gen x gets person they like
>gen y gets person they like

u r rly make me fink

>metlafag
>this assblasted that Grunge btfo metal

bump

Gen z is the Gucci Mane generation,

>Implying
Not that user, but I like both. You're just being retarded. Grunge was relatively unsuccessful and short lived. The only reason kids like you even know about grunge is because of post-grunge. Metal has been consistently successful for 50 years, and grunge was around for about 6 or 7 years.

grunge was a joke, easily one of the worst genres of the 90s.

>Metal has been consistently successful for 50 years
Are metal fags literally this delusional? Even black sabbath was more of a blues rock band than it was metal. Metal came and went as a major non laughable influencer from 1984-1989. Metals legacy was nu-metal after that.

>Gen X: Kurt Cobain
>Gen Y: Amy Winehouse
>Gen Z: XXX_Tentacion

>Implying
I'm a lot older than you think, kiddo. You are right that Grunge was relatively short lived compared to Metal, but the reason for that is quite literally because the figure head of the actual movement killed himself. After that, many copy cat clones started flooding the market with shit and people got tired of it. Kurt's death also made people look differently at Grunge and made them smell the flowers.

Guaranteed if the guy didn't kill himself, it would have lived a lot longer than it did, but not as long as Metal since 90s rap/pop started rising in popularity.

>50 years
metal has been dead as fuck for decades

>what is black, death and prog
>mfw bait

Yeah those genres sure made a splash in the mainstream.

>hates pantera
get the fuck outta here

If you were above the age of 25, then your opinion of grunge wouldn't be so abysmally retarded. Nirvana was a trash grunge band. All other grunge bands were superior, including the less known ones like Skin Yard and Mudhoney. Nirvana's music was decent at best. And did you ever see Kirk live? Fucking awful. The only reason people like you worship Nirvana like the pop band that they are is because people are capable of being born with an IQ under 80.

>including the less known ones like Skin Yard and Mudhoney
This has to be bait.
>And did you ever see Kirk live? Fucking awful.
Yep, definitely bait.

Kurt was fucking terrible

No, he was pretty good.

I disagree with you, nirvana and to a lesser extent Kurt brought an energy to their music that the other grunge bands couldn't, I guarantee you remember more nirvana songs than those other bands because they're more memorable, making them better.

You only say that because Nirvana was the most popular band out of its genre, and popular as fuck. So when you criticize a band that made history and is liked by a lot of people, you feel different and special.

Gen z has twenty one pilots. My younger brother is 11 and loves them. So does my 17 year old cousin.

Is she/he hot?

Le tough man metal >:c

>shitposts while listening to Nirvana
Sorry I have critical thinking skills, user.

He's ok. He's already 5'5 though. Which is pretty impressive considering that I'm only 5'9 and I'm 22.

Hybrid Theory and Meteora are p. good tho

Tbh, nu-metal and metalcore were in a lot of ways non-metal people showing off how much they loved metal. It was also something now, rather than dusting off old records from the glory days gone by

gen z gets meme rappers and mixtapes in social media

You shouldn't answer questions like that. Just a warning how easy it was.

Gen Z loves Kendrick and Kanye.