Man, I'm 130 IQ (literally top 10% IQ world population) but I can't enjoy white clasical music, is so fucking boring

man, I'm 130 IQ (literally top 10% IQ world population) but I can't enjoy white clasical music, is so fucking boring.

Where do classical music becomes good?

Do I need to learn music theory?

I've tried to learn about music theory, read some begginer books, but I just don't find appealing classical music.

yes, I do think is complex, but is so completelly lacking of emotion.

I just can't feel emotion over masturbating over some inverted 9th chord while passing off some key to some modal greek mode while doing counterpoint to some second or third melodic line that imitates some dead obscure baroque composer while your bass does all these cool rifts from jazz and arpeggios from folk music while you use some harmony from atonality.

sure, I guess is cool to masturbate to that, but is so sterile and lacking of emotion, compared to pop music and videogame NES and SNES soundtrack.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YvW9KQ5vu8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=mQR0bXO_yI8
youtube.com/watch?v=0cYt1fXdp5w
youtube.com/watch?v=jXlo5CIyiGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mk2SNcpTNbs
youtube.com/watch?v=yCjJyiqpAuU
youtube.com/watch?v=U-P55m37hWk
youtube.com/watch?v=-OwH-srnIi0
youtube.com/watch?v=a-QfLpgntV8
youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE
youtube.com/watch?v=JXTGOEEHX90
youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw
youtube.com/watch?v=PuRvFavz3QM
youtube.com/watch?v=K6wSdTVFdDk
youtube.com/watch?v=TGtWWb9emYI
youtube.com/watch?v=BCAht19XC8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=8OeHrNdK43E
youtube.com/watch?v=qEja72NSg5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=vsINANZ6Riw
youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>man, I'm 130 IQ (literally top 10% IQ world population)
Yet you started a sentence incorrectly.
fuck off

yeah, is not like english is my native language.

why do you feel like you have to be forced to like classical music? all music is just 12 fucking notes (plus/minus octaves)

youre being an autist

>muh art is only objective physical wavelengths

kys underage pseudo

cuz he wants to be a crazy cool smart kid and seem cultured (even though you can do that just by listening to pop or traditional music as well)

Excuses. just admit you're a dumbass. you've been exposed

If you haven't found classical you like already, you're seriously not as bright as you think

my english is still good enough to trick dumb ameritards I'm a dumb kid who didn't finished school than a non native.

I have a very specific taste in music, and I don't like 99% of music I hear.

>I don't like 99% of music I hear.
i bet you're a fun person to be around

What kind of music do you like? in my opinion classical is some of the most emotional music ever made, even though it's largely a wankfest

I have a very specific taste.

I like melody, is the only thing I care.
I don't like music that doesn't focus on having a clear, well "catchy" popular melody.

There's a reason why popular music is extremelly generic and why they always play the same popular classical pieces over and over again, versus more challenging pieces.

youtube.com/watch?v=YvW9KQ5vu8Y
This is one example of orchestral music I like (is from a game).

>boasting about 130
Lmao, I'm embarrassed for you

is the top 10% of world population.

>it's a melody pleb

>my tastes are better than your tastes
man, I just don't get it.

I try to listen to academical music and other types of music, but is so fucking boring, is like doing a chore.

130 IQ is 2 standard deviations above the mean and IQ is normally distributed

>try to listen to academical music and other types of music, but is so fucking boring,
if you don't like it then don't listen to it idiot. What's the point in listening to a specific genre if you can't appreciate it? the fact that you prefer vg soundtracks over classical/jazz is laughable

>>my tastes are better than your tastes
how did you get that from roflmao

i just like laughing at you

because snobs keep making fun off me?

youtube.com/watch?v=mQR0bXO_yI8

I still listen to jazz and other types of music, not just weeb crap.

because every time I mention this to people, they keep making fun off me.

Stop lying, I know we're on Sup Forums, but please, stop lying.

It's the average on /sci/
the average on /lit/ is 135-140.

>I still listen to jazz and other types of music, not just weeb crap.
>youtube.com/watch?v=mQR0bXO_yI8
I don't mean to be rude, but if Sinatra is the most far you can go with jazz, then you're not really listening to jazz, that's all I'm saying. Please explore further.
>because snobs keep making fun off me
Then again, who cares what snobs think, or Sup Forums for that matter, hell, even me?
Listen to whatever you want user, just don't lie about your "IQ"
What would the one on Sup Forums be?

Where are you pulling these numbers from?

youtube.com/watch?v=0cYt1fXdp5w
is this jazz?

I don't mind but I'm tired of being mocked IRL as well.

poll stats.

here, listen to this
youtube.com/watch?v=jXlo5CIyiGQ
spewing entry level theory terms indicates you're a music pleb

>even though it's largely a wankfest
Just wait until you discover jazz. All wanking and noodling, I tell you.

>I have a very specific taste
>Final Fantasy soundtrack
Well, at least we now know not to take you seriously or reply anymore for that matter.

Here's something I think you'd enjoy

ITT low-level bait and tards falling for it

My IQ is 136~140, i'm at top 1%

Try this
youtube.com/watch?v=mk2SNcpTNbs

Wasn't sure if that was bait or not until the last sentence.

>because snobs keep making fun of me
You don't actually talk and spontaneously sperg out when taking to people? I suppose you're not talking to people in real life the way you see people talking on Sup Forums. At this point, if you're actually serious, that's looking more and more likely.

pretty meh, sounds like noise with some faggot talking and some countermelody voice.

meh.

>muh tastes are superior
>let me post this music that is boring as fuck.
>snobs

youtube.com/watch?v=yCjJyiqpAuU
man, nursery rymes are goat.

>third world redditor belives his IQ is 130 and the he's special for that
wew lad

>muh tastes are superior
>one of the posters you replied to didn't mention a single album he enjoys
You're probably on a shitposting rampage on a Friday night while making ridiculous statements and you're wondering why people don't take you seriously. Not to mention that you started your thread with "man, I'm 130 IQ".

Classical music is brimming with emotion. It's cliched, but you should check out the Ronantic stuff first.

Modest Mussogorsky's Pictures At An Exhibition is my recommendation to you. The theme is incredible, but The Great Gate of Kiev is the most uplifting and grand music this side of Germany

meh, I don't feel nothing.

pretty cool I guess?
sounds like practice music for a college student.

I'm not an autist.

is the average IQ of STEM students.

It was initially for pol though.

some of bach stuff is impresive, but only at some intelectual level.

I don't listen a lot of music because most music bores me to death, at some physical level.

The fact that you started off this thread by citing an IQ score and seem to believe IQ tests are good indicator of intelligence certifies you as a cunt.

>It was initially for pol though
Apparently was correct. Just leave this thread people.

>all music is just 12 fucking notes

t. Theodor Adorno

Go away, even fucking Hobsbawn thinks you're a hack.

Alright, this is definitely bait

>130
>Sup Forums
Good try cuckadoodledoo, your average 90 if your visiting here, welcome, the exhaust pipe is not a breathing apparatus, enjoy your stay

There is your problem. you are not sitting and listening to it all the way through, you just listen to a short part of it and then move on

>I'm 130 IQ
you probably aren't actually 130 IQ. unless you got professionally tested, you're full of shit

IQ is a MEME.

I don't like to listen new music most of the time.
I always find myself repeating the same songs I like over and over again.
I can listen a song I like over and over again.

I could say I don't like most music.
youtube.com/watch?v=U-P55m37hWk

but It seems my tastes triggers Sup Forums faggots.

>I don't like to listen new music most of the time.

Maybe you don't hear enough music
How many albums did you hear fully from this decade?

I got professionally tested and scored 145 on the WAIS-IV when I was 18, AMA

how does it feel to know that you try to justify your existence by a number someone else puts on you as opposed to things that actually matter?

I could say I haven't listened to maybe more than 200 songs in my entire life.
maybe I could say I enjoy to listen less than 100 songs on average.

I could say I listen maybe a couple dozen songs every day.

I could name one or two songs from pretty much every genre.

Why are you people still replying?

Translation: I'm insecure about myself and only got an arbitrary number to base my whole identity on

I listened an entire aerosmith album once.

couldn't tell apart a song from another song, they were generic as fuck.

and today I have forgotten about that album beyond being a chore to listen generic music.

>200 songs
That's a really really low amount of music.

I have over 500 albums rated on my RYM account, tho in reality the number of albums i heard is in the thousands.

Explore more music user

from 10 new songs I listen, 7-8 can't finish them because I don't like them.

maybe 1-2 songs I will enjoy at best.

I could even say I don't like music in general.

I'm always open minded to listen to music, but most music is a fucking chore to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=-OwH-srnIi0

I could post songs I like from pretty much a couple dozen genres I have listened.

You lack patience user. learn to sit through albums all the way through.

Here is a very interesting and unique album. try to sit all the way through it right now and understand what it tries to achieve musically.

that sounds generic as fuck.

I just can't understand music.

sure, if some musician explains to me what's he's doing I will enjoy it more I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE

I like this song by example.

Ask me a genre and I will show you what songs I like.

It's a 44 minutes long album.

You posted your opinion about the album 3 minutes after i made a post about it.

Do you really not see your problem?

I don't, the only people that know are my parents

give me one reason why I should listen to it rather than listen the music I enjoy?

youtube.com/watch?v=JXTGOEEHX90

I only need a few seconds to know if the music has a strong melody or it's focus is on other stuff.

>needing more than a few seconds to know if a girl is hot

>IQ 130
>only top 10% of the world

So basically there are literally hundreds of millions smarter than you, literally above average tier

Because if you will never give a real, serious chance to new music, you will never expand your horizons and you will stay stuck in your little bubble forever.

I just can't enjoy it.

sure, is interesting from an intelectual point of view and sure if a musician explains it to me is pretty meh.

but is like if the music lacks a soul, or lacks a hearth to me.

listening to a song that has not a focus on melody is like I can't understand it, and most of the time sounds generic to other songs of the same type.

Tell me a genre and I will show you a song I like from it.

youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

music needs to give me that emotional rush, that adrenaline I feel listening to a good melody.

is like heroin, you know?

>fit
>131

ahahahahahahaha

Try to think about music as a place. try to absorb the feeling and atmosphere the song creates.

Now please, sit through the album i gave you for more than 3 minutes and give it an honest chance. if you can't give it a real chance, don't complain that you stay stuck in the same bubble of music.

Here is the album again:

If you are really serious go listen to some music, 200 songs in your lifetime is fucking pathetic

listen to full albums. you will find one you like eventually. or don't, and miss out on what is truly amazing about music.

This is 100% a real chart. doesn't look fake at all.
It's clearly very easy to test the IQ of random anonymous people through the internet

Kek

part of appreciation is knowing theory... but i don't at all think that you need to know it to appreciate - especially - classical music. pure music bro, just sit back and take it in (and that alone can ingrain some theory knowledge)

man, is always the same crap with musictards.

oh, you haven't listened enough music, oh you're a pleb.

but they never make the effort to understand me.

sure, that album may seem interesting to a person who loves music and understand music theory.

but most of that music seems to lack that powerfull melody that gives me goosebums and put in a emotional states, as if it were some drugs.

I could say I have listened to some songs for literally hours by now.

I simply put a youtube song in a loop and I listen to it five to a dozen times.

that's how I enjoy music.

most albums are filled with filler bro.
At best one or two songs from an album is memorable.

youtube.com/watch?v=PuRvFavz3QM
posting this time nightwish.

Knowing theory has nothing to do with appreciating music as an artform.

When you look at a beautiful painting, you don't think "this painting is beautiful because of the color theory behind it", you just absorb the atmosphere and emotions the painting portrays.

It's the same thing with music

what does hobsbawm have to do with this

Enjoyment of music has NOTHING to do with music theory. and anyone who says otherwise is just misleading you.

see what i posted here Try to understand and absorb the musical ARTISTIC intentions of the music. the feeling it creates, the atmosphere it creates. how does it make you feel

well, in part, i think it does. it provides one with a logic as to what exactly is occurring in a track.

and when i look at a painting, a lot of what i appreciate comes from good composition, palette, scene, etc. bad analogy anyway

this bait is getting weird now

youtube.com/watch?v=K6wSdTVFdDk

man, I keep showing you music I enjoy in every post but you keep ignoring that.

and yet, I have posted songs that ranges from irish traditional music, anime, jazz, classical, christian, games, latino music.

Asking again, tell me a genre and I'll post a song I like.

you retarded son

no you aren't dont lie to yourself, maybe you're just too aspie to understand emotions.

The enjoyment from music is not based on logic or understanding what happens in the track mathematically.

What makes a song good or bad is what it makes the listener feel when he is listening to it. not how complicated or simple it is in terms of theory

I didn't say I don't like music.

I said, I don't enjoy 99% of music because is boring shit.

posting this time salsa from panama.

well why do you think something, like a given progression, provides one a kind of feeling? theory, bro (or even lack of conformation thereof)

Listen to the album i gave you all the way through and get out of your musical safe zone.

You absolutely CANNOT judge the music in that album when you heard less than 3 minutes of it

It's not because of theory user. different people perceive things differently and find different things enjoyable.

Theory just describes what happens physically in the song.

why would you masturbate to music?

youtube.com/watch?v=TGtWWb9emYI

I don't need more than a minute to see if I will like it or not.

your album seems like all those generic indie albums hipsters enjoy.

you still haven't answered my question:

Name a genre and I will show you a song or two.

>your album seems like all those generic indie albums hipsters enjoy.

It's actually prog rock/art rock with some metal in it

Maybe you needed more than a minute to judge it properly. especially considering the first song in the album changes DRAMATICALLY after the first minute.

You are really really dumb if you think you can judge a 44 minutes long album based on one minute

dale

>most albums are filled with filler bro.
t. someone who has only listened to 10 albums

holy fuck dude... this is the most ignorant thing ive read in a loooong time.

He also judged an entire 44 minutes long album i gave him after hearing it for only one minute

Let me tell you a secret, dear op: music is about context. That's why you can hear a soundtrack and feel nothing but then watch the movie/game/whatever from where it's from and then feel it's now the tightest shit ever.

So to like classical music, you have to live the classical life. That might be like changing from being a bird to become a fish. You have to become another person, another being, just to apreciate a completely different style of music - a life style.

...Or you can just use drugs. I recommend DMT, you will aprecciate EVERYTHING on this shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=BCAht19XC8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=8OeHrNdK43E
youtube.com/watch?v=qEja72NSg5Q

Some metal/rock shit I enjoy.

most albums are filled with hours of filler music and most albums only have one or two singles hit.

>progressive rock
so, indie crap made by some obscure garage band in the middle of scandinavia only other hispters enjoy.

nice.

haha bro just stfu

1. You said you heard only 200 songs in your entire life. That amounts to around 20 albums. on what basis are you saying "most albums are just filler with one or two hits"???????????

>so, indie crap made by some obscure garage band in the middle of scandinavia only other hispters enjoy.

Maudlin Of The Well are actually an avant-garde metal band from the US. this particular album just barely has any metal in it, unlike the rest of their discography

just stop responding

everytime I try to listen to some album is generic shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=vsINANZ6Riw

99% of the music I listen is generic.

>avant garde metal
so metal for hispters.

do u like linkin park?
youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4