What would happen if a sun made of ice would collide with a normal, lava-made sun...

What would happen if a sun made of ice would collide with a normal, lava-made sun? Both suns would be the same size and ice-made sun's temperature would be -1000 degrees of celsius and normal sun's temperature +1000 degrees of celsius.

Would their combined effects cancel each other out so that instead there would be only empty space or one 0-degree sun?

>sun made of ice

I don't think you know what sun means, son.

>lava-made sun
FFS crack a book once in a while

>sun made of lava

Pick up a book son.

The sun isnt made out of lava its constantly combusting hydrogen

One question I have is it only the surface of the star on 'fire' with just gas inside?
Sry if stupid Q.

Plasma Hydrogen user, Plasma.
Not gas or liquid.

Samefag, also bait

This was old 3 years ago.

Us old fags are out dated. Ne fags are the surperior model.

Chemfag here.

Eh.. Hypothetically, if this were possible, no. By what you're saying, these are planets, not suns. So we have planet A (ice) and planet B (magma). What would happen is that after the collision has occurred between the two planets and equilibrium has been reached, you will be left with a completely cooled and solid rock planet B while planet A is still primarily composed of ice rather than liquid water. This is because water has one of the highest specific heats of any known molecule in the universe. What that means is that it takes a lot more energy to heat up water than it does to heat up, say a rock or some metal. This is why a metal pot can reach even 250 degrees celsius before the water in it begins to boil. Back to our planets: All of that thermal energy in planet B would be transferred to planet A in order to evenly disperse the energy and entropy. In doing this, planet B loses all of that heat and solidifies into rock. Since planet A, our ice planet, is made of water, it absorbs most of that heat without even making much of a dent in the ice.

This all goes without saying that -1000 degrees celsius is an impossible temperature. The coldest possible temperature is 0 degrees Kelvin, or -273 degrees celsius. This temperature has never been reached anywhere in the universe, as far as we know anyway. So there you go: education.

As a side note, if an ice planet of the same mass as our sun crashed into it, a similar effect would occur. Isn't chemistry amazing?

-1000 degrees celcius.......................

>combusting
Really? Like, really really?
Has society gotten this fucking dumb??

>-1000 degrees of celsius
-273 is the lowest temp possible

Ice sun would melt, creating more liberal tears.

but the sun is doing fusion, not just burning, did you factor in that?

t. trump snowflake
>if you hate gays and transfags, why not let them die for you in someone else's jew-war?

Accurate

I thought it's gas liquid or solid haha

It's been a while since I don't see this pasta

Damn you, Sup Forums. I fucking hate you. I've been noticing how you've been fucking with my head, making me see memes everywhere, and now it cost me my job.
I used to work at a pizza joint called Papa Gino's, which is a chain here in New England. Today, two guys came in, and they were very obviously a couple. Never in my life have I seen people this blatantly gay. Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'm a bleeding heart liberal hippie treehugger commie bastard, and I'm even bisexual myself, but DAMN these two were gay. Everything was going fine, right up until I served them their food. Instead of the usual "enjoy your meal" bit that I usually say, Sup Forums seized control of my brain.
"There you are, guys. Enjoy your AIDS." As soon as that A passed my lips, alarm bells went nuts in my head. But it was too late. I didn't realize what I had just done until I had finished speaking. The two guys just stared at me in shock for a moment, and I went pale. I knew that my days of free pizza and all the Mountain Dew I could drink were over in that one instant.
The two dudes go APESHIT. My manager comes over, and there's screaming about hate crimes, bigotry, lawsuits, and one of them even stood up and threatened to beat the shit out of me. We got into a fight, and my manager got scared, and said you're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air.
I whistled for a cab, and when it came near, the license plate said "fresh" and there were dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought "naw forget it, yo home to Bel-Air!"
I pulled up to the house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabbie "yo homes smell ya later!" Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there. To settle my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

What if there was a planet made entirely out of methane gas and it collided with your nose?

>BOI I SURE DO LOVE THEM SPICEY MEMES

>going on an autistic sperg out on someone for laughing at the left
>trying to call THEM mad after two posts

lmæo thou dosth protest two much

>going on an autistic sperg out on someone for laughing at the right
>trying to call THEM mad after two posts

lmæo thou dosth protest two much

>>going on an autistic sperg out on someone for laughing at the left
>>trying to call THEM mad after two posts
>lmæo thou dosth protest two much

>>going on an autistic sperg out on someone for laughing at the right
>>trying to call THEM mad after two posts

What if the moon was made of spare ribs, would ya eat it???

>>going on an autistic sperg out on someone for laughing at the sun
>>trying to call THEM -1000C after two posts

>
>740710016

both would initiate fusion and become ordinary stars regardless of what they're made of, as long as they have elements lighter than iron in them

If you could choose between being the top scientist in your field or having mad cow disease, which would you choose?

The, uh, top scientist...in my field, uh...of course.

>Truth in memes

Cry on libby

Still blows Queen Obama