>Samurai armor was badass
>Fearless
>Honor always came first
>Experts in many different weapons
>The Katana was one of the best swords of the time

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign-born_samurai_in_Japan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

autists will go on to tell us how shitty the katana was now.
thanks faggot.

Remember the old adage:
"The Jews fear the samurai."

>katana
>good

It was best in the region simply because their iron was shit so they had to make it like it was

If they weren't on a island they'd be shrekt a long time ago

please stop

weeb

End your existance weeb.

I tip my fedora to you good sir.

>armour was good
>Katana was good

They're both shit. The honour thing is legit, they had an amazing culture, and they were incredible swordsmen, but their smithing was objectively shit compared to europeans. Their armour couldn't stop my erect cock and their swords were an autistic attempt to make shitty metal really sharp to compensate for how shit it was.

My vote is for Greek hoplite

Katana itself wasn't bad. Japanese iron ore is bad.

A greek spartan would destroy a samurai.

>Iron is better than steel

You're retarded bro.

which is fair enough since only autists liked it to begin with

>Didn't accept outsiders
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign-born_samurai_in_Japan

dumb weeb

>no Spartans

if you dont say Spartans youre a certified autist.

The Samurai are best understood in the context that the Japanese jumped from being a Medieval society to a Modern one in less than one century. They have an unusually romanticized view of their own warrior class.

However, while certainly based, if you compare them to contemporaries like the Polish Winged Hussars, they're actually about par for the course.

The Katana=shit thing is sort of a stereotype borne of people reacting to katana-fetishism, and also a lot of GIs bringing back genuinely garbage Katanas from WWII.

Contemporary European sources speak highly of the Japanese and their swords, though they don't treat them like objects of worship. The Portuguese in particular actually fought a bunch of Samurai at a few points, and defeated them handily except for one time when they were grossly outnumbered and blew their own ship up to avoid it being captured. They thought the Katana was cool, but they preferred the sidesword and buckler.

For some reason shields and whatnot never really took off in Japan.

>Mosed

Samurai were a bunch of faggots who never conquered shit. Conquistidors are the credited response. 400 of your bros wander in a jungle, find a multi million size empire, attaq it and win. Alpha.

WEEB COMMIT SEDOKU

Sup Forums fear the samurai

To think when I was growing up Samurai were the fucking shit and these days they are laughably retarded against any other warrior of that time period.

>ancient warriors
>ancient

Clearly not Samurai then.

Longsword fragmentatizes a Katana.
Knights > Samurai

>spartans
>got BTFO by 150 gay couples

JUST

This. Cortez was based as fuck. Also most mesoamerican civilisations deserved to be eradicated.

Samurai swords are shit when up against other swords because they're amazingly fragile.

Most sword fights between samurais aren't as they're depicted by jewywood; most fights would end in a standoff with one showing more aggression by stance and vocal 'growls'.
If either samurai felt the other had a stronger presence and ability they would back off, sheathe their sword and bow seeking for mercy.

Very rarely would there be any actual combat and it would be nothing more than two or three calculated strikes.
The odds of them parrying an attack would be rarer still; have you ever had to re-sharpen a damaged samurai sword?
It's a shit job and takes a lot of effort.

As soon as a samurai sword is damaged the samurai has to fuck off to a swordsmith in the hope that he can get it repaired or bite the bullet and get it replaced.

If a broadsword were to clash with a katana the katana would literally get bent.

Much like your thread.

The whole "folding metal" shit is a meme, the celts were doing it from 3rd century BC; the Japanese became complacent with their katanas so never evolved their sword making skills like Europeans.

Not to mention the most commonly used weapon on the field was the Yari, Katanas were literally just for backup if your spear broke.

Are japs the overall most based society ever?

>beat the mongols
>fight on the right side of WW2
>civilization has persisted for thousands of years
>only country to survive getting nuked... Twice
>one of the only first world nations to remain uncucked by shitskins
>give no fucks about political correctness
>immune to the kikes
>"Jew fears the Samurai"
>literally outjew the jews in the American 2016 election through a meme magic imageboard
That last one is even sneakier than pearl harbor was because it wasn't even allowed to happen

As wierd as they currently are, they are building up their military again and idk if I would be mad at them conquering the world. They seem way better than muslims, jews, nigs, slavs, eurocucks, chinks, and beaners.

>Inb4 birthrate
In an age of overpopulation, they are the only nation to stop shitting out too many babies while simultaneously not taking in migrants to leech and cuck their nation

That's a cool armor design. You don't see a lot of swordsmen in full armor in Japanese media though, it's always light robes or kimono.

Bit of a waste I think.

>Samurai
>Honorable
>Practiced Seppuku

Suicide is the ultimate act of the coward, instead of facing the music, they killed themselves because they didn't have the strength or the fortitude with withstand social pressure.

>Mosed based ancient warriors?

Although not exactly ancient, I would argue the Janissary.

So mm eone just needs to cap this post so we can nip any katana threads in the bud straight away

Sup Forums respect the samurai if he can start masculinizing his men in the next decade.

The world needs an uncucked hero, and Japans time is coming

He didn't even say that you fat piece of shit

>Katana had to be folded hndreds of time just because of shitty iron ore
>good

Yeah sure mate ill take a 15th century broadsword or longsword over a katana any day

Armor was badass though indeed

>Suicide is the ultimate act of the coward
Not really, it shows maximum loyalty and prevents the other side from torturing and revealing secrets.
It's retarded if you have to do it when your master dies though.

Romans were Based as fuck
>conquered most of Europe
>battle tactics and formations far more advanced than any of their opposition
>gladitorial combat was a sport
>if your people were invaded by the Romans, you could join them and serve in the army for about 30 years, then retire as a Roman citizen with your own land
>Roman Steel>>>Weaboo iron
>Roman Gladii>>>>>>>>>>>>>Weaboo Katanas

Fucking kek!
Not even close

VAE VICTIS

The Japanese are okay. It's the White and Black (american) fucking weebs that go "Oh you filthy gaijin Japan is the best country ever!" that are autistic.

>Armor was badass though indeed

Not really, it looks intimidating but contremporary european armors were way better protection-wise

Most badass warriors :
French gendarmes ,just thinking of a charge of those badasses in heavy armor would make anyone shit their pants

All these people calling him a weeb like it's a bad thing.

Reconsider whether or not you belong here.

This
Rome was at the forefront of military tech for almost a thousand years. They adapted to beat every enemy they encountered.
They also were lucky enough to have some of the greatest military minds. See: Julius Caesar, Scipio Africanus, Gaius Marius, Trajan, ect.

Honorable mention is the Teutonic Order. By far the most badass of the crusader knights.

Maybe I would shit myself if they weren't charging in the opposite direction all the time

>wood armor
>good
pick one fampie, Romans and even celts had better armour 1000+ years before

>A bunch of faggots who stole all their culture from Greece
>Best
Wew lad

>samurai
>ancient
pick one faggot
They were around about early medieval times and stayed till about the late 1800s.
Either name some military from pre-B.C. or shut your fucking mouth

That is a really nice piece of artwork. I've seen it a few times but if you actually look at it you realize how good it is.

Yeah, this guy's got it right

Speak up I cant hear you over the sound of greatness

I'd walk up to that armor expecting cryptic Souls style NPC dialogue.

Can you read my burger friend ? i said "badass" I didnt say it was good.

>Its another Katana/weeabo hate thread
I bet you all watch Filthy Frank and think your humor is superior.

>he's unironically a weeb
>he thinks he doesn't deserve to be made fun of for being a faggot

>Scipio Africanus

WE

>the katana was one of the best swords
Not another one of these weaboos...
It was the wors sword.
>too thick to cut through armor
>too short to be a two-handed sword
>too heavy to be an arming sword
>too soft to do anything against european steel
It was also forged through a method which the europeans mastered centuries before.
And """"samurais"""" didn't use it that much either, because they knew it was shit and only kept it as a secondary weapon. What they actually used was the naginata(spelling), but I don't expect a weaboo like you to know that.

fuck off weeb you belong in a camp

Don't mind me, just posting the best formation until firearms became OP

I bet you polish your katana while watching anime and think you're 'enlightened'

Add to that list
>Proof that practising homosex doesn't make you a faggot

Only on stable ground with cavalry and flank support. Get flanked or fight on unstable ground? You die.

1 samurai would win against them all

>It's retarded if you have to do it when your master dies though
Think of it this way; no surprise uprisings.

If you defeat the Lord of another province you want to be sure that there will be no dissident uprisings.

The samurai were held not just to a strict code of honour but of loyalty as well. They were deeply loyal to their lord and would do whatever they could to serve their duty.
If their Lord were to die to another Lord they would continue to do their best to serve him. The conquering Lord would know of this loyalty, as from his won men, and would expect retaliatory action so the conquerer would order the act of Sepuko from the remaining enemy loyalists.

I personally can't stand the wierder parts of their culture but for just a small island off the coast of china they are pretty impressive throughout history and will outlast all white societies if Trump loses

Luckily nothing can stop the god emperor but pic related

>autism

It is nice

I wish we could have a Romaboo general on Sup Forums sometime without it being shitposted to death

Nigga Scipio was white, pic related

Woah guys! I love Pink guy too! Haha lol XD

Their swords were way better than their armor. Their armor was the problem.

>le shitty iron meme

The swords were still amazing. Nothing they can really do about having bad iron ore.

The swords were engineered awesomely. A longsword is shit in comparison. The swords weren't designed to smack against heavy armor because there was no heavy armor.

>There are people posting on /r9k/ RIGHT NOW who unironically beleive this

The fuck do you think a samurai would do? Run at them, teleport through them all and stand in a pose while they collapse to the ground?

>French
>Making anyone shit their pants
Kek

>implying the Spears weren't held overhand

Shields are for faggots with no honor, but seriously do you realize how long a shield can draw out combat.

I'll tell you what mate: Japan is far less cuckes than the West.

How many Syrian refugees do you think they are taking in?

Oh and if you're not a weeb you don't belong here. Go back to r3ddit.

But we both know you're just trying to bait your fellow weebs sempai.

See Japanese ore was piss. That's why it was folded so much. Yeah the blade was sharp but it was brittle. Making contact with other blades damaged it.

>amazing
>Samurais themself choose it a secondary weapon because in real battle it was next to useless
>amazing

The Nizari Ismailis

First people to invent asymmetric warfare. Changed the entire history of waging war, especially political war.

They were faggots who got wrekted hard by homophobic Americans, first Shitlord Perry then ShitCommander MacArthur

jews fear the samurai

>based ancient warriors
>no tercios

Make way for the most efficient infantry the world ever saw, able to hold together a falling empire throughout 2 centuries in the war against heretics and pagans

>>Samurais themself choose it a secondary weapon because in real battle it was next to useless

You're full of shit man

From the leading and ruling class' side and prevention of uprising I agree. From the individual Samurai side I disagree, they could be send under the rulership of another samurai leader

Posting more stylish Teutons

>Japan isn't cucked
>so I'll be a cuck fag weaboo and bring shame along my own culture!

I bet your trench coat and Fedora go really well with the Katana you got from amazon

Fuck me that's a beautiful painting. Makes me weep to think of what passes as art these days.

Winged hussars

Well, a spear and bow are far more useful as weapons of war

Their love for the sword only really came about when war was waning; kinda like how police love pistols, even though they're also shit for actual war (compared to rifles).

>the blade was sharp but it was brittle
Absolutely. Sure, a japanese katana can slice pretty well but if you leant it against a wall and kicked it, it would snap in two.

every weeb posting here assumes sharpest=best without considering how it would fare in combat against another person with the same or a better sword.

These threads are always full of autism. Katanas aren't the wonder weapons that weebs make them out to be but they aren't bad swords. A lot of people feel a compulsion so shit on the katana just to spite the weebs, but they're not as terrible as the anti weebs say either. They're pretty good, not fantastic but good.

Its true, main weapon was bow
In fact was shame if good at sword because good warrior no need

The point of pistols was originally as a cavalry weapon. Basically you rode your horse right up to the dudes and blasted them point blank

>he buys his katanas from Amazon

Pleb

If you faggots loved bows so much, why didn't you ever figure out how to make a shield?

>didn't accept outsiders
>let gaijins become samurai on several occasions

No, that's retarded. Of course they used ranged weapons when they could. They didn't prefer another close combat weapon. The katana was the single combat weapon of choice.

It was the spear

Ironically, it was the same in Europe too.

It's not "ironic" it's basic warfare. It's like saying tanks are shit because they're useless at sea.

artists in Spain arent that cucked, if you search good enough you find something decent

You can't use a shield when you're using a bow, user.

They had body armor to help stop arrow wounds. Though even then, arrow wounds were the most common cause of injury and death then; it was also the same in Europe.

you guys need sort this things in a sword's fight to death