Hey guys

Hey guys.

I'm a film connoisseur (I can tell what lens the film is being shot on just by watching it) and I've seen hundreds of films.

On my letterboxd account, I have only rated a measly 15 films with a perfect 5 stars.

Would anyone care to rate my taste?

Fuck off and die

>Boyhood
>5 stars
>12 years

Please don't associate "perfection" with a rating system.

Liking boy hood what are you some type of faggot??

Some of those are great, some of those are trash.

Civil War wasn't even the best Cap film and definitely not perfect material lel.

>back to the future
>capeshit
And yes I know im being baited

>Civil War
>5 Stars
This just feels out of place compared to the rest of his entries.

I'd like to draw your attention to my review of the film (and not to my "pro" account on letterboxd - haha).

dead poomunity

Literally exactly the same as Star Wars.

Sup Forums on based muscular straffo watch

Some of you may know me as ManWithNoName on bigfooty.com/forum. I'm a prolific contributor to the cricket board and was the first bigfooty user to report the Phil Hughes tragedy.

I've been visiting this place for a while know and I'd like to quickly address a couple issues.

First, the amount of misogyny and downright disgraceful woman hating comments I have read is quite frankly disgusting. I'm a proud feminist, and if you want women to have basic human rights then you're a feminist too.

Secondly, racism towards the Indigenous and Torres Straight Islanders has left me without words. In particular, the tragic event up in Cairns last week and the comments made by some 'people' on here was despicable.

This place is absolutely vile. This is my first and only post. If you want to contact me and hopefully apologise, PM me on bigfooty and I'll get around to replying.

sicked in my mouth a little.

>Boyhood
Its seriously overrared trash, the only kind of person who would like it i someone who thinks they know the difference between a good and bad fill, boyhood brings nothing new to the table except the 12 years concept, with poorly executed characters and a main character with no charisma and shit acting

Really looking forward to the new Chris Nolan film - or kino as you guys seem I call it ahaha. I think it might make it to the five star list too?

>DUDE, 12 YEARS

>civil war

Holy fuck, imagine how hard he'll cringe when he looks back on that list in five years

I can see people saying "i respect it on a technical level" but when people tell me they enjoyed it or thought it was one of the greatest movies ever I feel an urge to slap maphuckas on a level that I have never felt an urge of such magnitude before.

I enjoy taking a shit on a well designed toilet on a technical level. It doesn't mean it's my favorite experience ever.

What a profound review, I'm a changed man

>3 likes

Ahahahahahahaha

>

based straffo

12 stars

Two things
One, I wonder what you think of Once upon a time in america
Two, at first I kinda winced when I saw Goodfellahs on the list, but holy shit man, Civil war, really? Avengers was an even ebtter movie and even thats not a perfect 10/10

other than that, boyhood, star wars and back to the future stick out

>Boyhood 5 stars
>Back to the future
>Captain America civil war
You can't be serious

are u legit retarded man

Epic.

Wow! Some of you guys really hate Boyhood! I'll paste my review here so you can see how wrong you all are ahaha

'Boyhood' becomes only my 9th film logged on Letterboxd to be awarded 5 stars, and with good reason. It is simply, in every sense of the word, a masterpiece. Having recently watched films like 'The Ten Commandments' and 'Spartacus' I was bemoaning the lack of truly "epic" films these days. Not CGI fests like 'Exodus', but real epic films.

'Boyhood' is a modern day epic. Not in terms of thousands of extras or elaborate set pieces. Instead it was filmed across a 12 year period. Something just completely unheard of, especially these days. Just try and comprehend that. Gambling that all the actors involved wouldn't have any issues that would jepoardise their involvement. That the project wouldn't fall over. That nobody crucial would die. It was a huge chance taken by Richard Linklater, but it has most definitely come off.

Telling the story of Mason Evans and his family, we start with Mason at 6 years old and follow his childhood. His relationship with his mother, his sister, various stepfathers, his actual father, school friends. We watch as these grow or deteriorate, as new people come into their lives and people fall away. This is no way feels like you're watching a movie or a story. Instead it feels completely real. Like you're watching someone's life in a way you never have before. It truly is an experience.

The performances by the cast are outstanding on all fronts. Coltrane and Linklater grant us the privilege of actually letting us watch them grow up on screen. In this way when you watch the movie the second time it is so very different because you can see them as children knowing what they will grow up to become. Unlike other films where a different actor will play a character as a child and you know that, this time you actually do watch them grow up. It really is something.

Patricia Arquette and Ethan Hawke put in Oscar nominee worthy performances as their parents. Hawke in particular would be a strong contender to win had he not been unfortunate enough to come up against JK Simmons in 'Whiplash'. But these are magnificent performances, and their characters change and develop just as much as their children. In some ways you expect, and some ways you don't.

'Boyhood' is a film that must be seen by all film lovers. In an age of greenscreen and CGI and franchises, a film that you can really connect with the whole way is rare these days. This does all that in ways you may not have seen for a long time. This will stand the test of time. This is an all time great.

>An entire paragraph dedicated to
>>IT TOOK 12 YEARS TO MAKE

Bravo

awaiting your rebuttal, you fucking embryo

Yeah, it really is a remarkable achievement to make a single movie over twelve whole years.

>I've seen hundreds of films

I see hundreds of films a year. Try harder pleb. Only 4 of your 15 movies deserve 5 stars.

Having CW in that list is ridiculous as it's not even a real movie, it's an episode.

Have you really seen a movie unless you've logged it into your letterboxd pro account?

If you dislike Civil War then I'm truly sorry for what happened to you in your childhood that made you hate happiness and fun and joy.

What's on the far right?

>that Ghostbusters review attempting to get girls to talk to him
>3 people liked it
>2 of them are guys

top kek

>star wars
>back to the future
>captain america
>goodfellas
>any other movie like that
>boyhood
HA HA HA HA HA

>and I've seen hundreds of films.

Only Film thousandaires get to talk shit.

>i've seen twenty-two-hundred films

I don't dislike it, it's just not 5 stars worthy. 5 stars means literally perfect.

I could tear down the convoluted plot, the hamfisted cameos, the uninspired score, the dreadfully bland cinematography, the forced emotional hooks, but in all fairness the greatest sin is it's forgettable. The only thing people remember in this movie is the airport scene and the end fight. Sure the movie is fun and entertaining, but it's nowhere near a perfect movie. Watch how much oscars this movie will receive.

I really appreciated Boyhood. I'd just come off a spell of watching films like The Ten Commandments, Cleopatra and Spartacus and was lamenting the lack of real epic films these days. Then along came Boyhood.

>Boyhood
>epic

Remind me of one epic scene.

All of the ones with sweeping philosophical insights and truthbombs on life.

>Boyhood
>Back to the future
>Captain America civil war

Such as?

The whole fucking film.

12 YEARS

Y
E
A
R
S

Civil war, boyhood, Goodfellas, godafather, star wars and black to the future are good, but the rest are trash. I've seen every movie every made and my only 5 stars are Inception, The Dark Knight and Drive.

>Civil war, boyhood,

These two are the most overrated pieces of trash. Get better taste. They are a 3 at best.

>Truthbombs
This is a 18+ site

I'm gonna guess he was joking.
>I've seen every movie every made and my only 5 stars are Inception, The Dark Knight and Drive.

>he doesn't appreciate elite truthies

OP obviously wasn't joking.

Why would you watch TFA four times in a row? And what made it better on the fourth viewing?

Any list without The Lost World Jurassic Park ranked 5/5 should be disregarded

All of it really. The fact that it was made over 12 years is such a profound artistic statement that it elevates the entire movie into the realm of true philosophy.

A girl sat next to me on the 4th viewing.

This is so fucking autistic

Why do autists obsess over literal whos on the internet? Does it have to do with a superiority complex?

Please don't use mental illnesses as a casual insult, that's deeply offensive.

basedboland

who Will Play Boland in the inevitbale biopic?

Aspie

>Civil War

The ONLY superhero movie that is allowed to be considered for a 5 star rating is 'The Incredibles'

No others come close

George Clooney

He's going to write, direct and produce it himself

Based fucking Straffo

walkcunt

dat casual homophobia

>Mishima
Mah Nigga

That's pretty rude mate.

Didn't read lol

>it's right up there with dark knight
But he didn't give dark knight 5 stars

kek

literally

hella

f*cking

epic

Einstein on the beach

>getting btfo by smoothands
lmao

Pretentious faggot

#onbrand

I've rated 38 movies 5/5 but im pretty sure they all better than urs
i mean i know this is bait but jeez what a shit taste

Strangelove how? It just doesn't hold up to this day. I cringed at the cowboy riding the bomb down.

>The only 5/5 movie in the list with Citzen Kane
>picks on it
oh gee i think i spotted an embryo

>Jarryd

You're a nu-age faggot-ass candy-ass mayl.

KYS

Godfather is trash

Which four?

lmao this is the type of pleb that all the faux patricians of the letterboxd general share a board with

You know it's spelt Jarryd in certain European regions, right m8

It took you that lo g to realize you were being baited?

Is there a more fedora, pseudo-intellectual choice of director than Stanley Kubrick?

I don't know, but I give this troll 5/5 stars. Kudos.

Only reinforcing my point.

Ingmar Bergman.

>a main character with no charisma and shit acting
Its like you've never seen a linklater flick.

>presents absolutely no arguments to defend this piece of shit

I don't know who this is but Boyhood being there triggers me

good taste