Post Your Top 10 Iron Maiden Songs

I feel like they don't get enough love on this board, Lets pay tribute to one of the greatest metal bands of all time.

Here's mine in no order.

>Aces High
>Powerslave
>Infinite Dreams
>Childhoods End
>Fear Of The Dark
>Afraid To Shoot Strangers
>The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
>Hallowed Be Thy Name
>Children Of The Damned
>Empire Of The Clouds

inb4 overrated hacks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q06EgcJ6FiI
youtube.com/watch?v=O2kqyOiWaFk
youtube.com/watch?v=EuHAE5TvW0E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hate top 10 lists can't we just discuss them in general? Props for Afraid to Shoot Strangers though.

I was about to make a general but backspaced the title because i thought no one would reply tqbh. This can serve as a general aswell i guess.

To Tame a Land is probably one of their most underrated songs, it starts off slow, but that buildup and solo are so fucking good.
youtube.com/watch?v=q06EgcJ6FiI

Yeah i agree and underrated song for sure, Although i honestly find Piece Of Mind to their weakest album.

>Piece of Mind is their weakest album

(You)

Iron Maiden is for faggots
Judas Priest is where its @

Maybe the weakest of their first 7 albums, still shits on everything from 1990 onward though.

Why not both?

Not even memeing, I like the album. I just find it to be so overrated.

>babby metal

What's the most underrated Iron Maiden songs? Only heard the hits. Run To The Hills, The Trooper,Number Of The Beast etc.

>Not liking a band based on their popularity and not their musical merit.

Can you get anymore plebian?

>Not liking something because people you don't like (for stupid reasons) like it as well

Just give their first 7 albums a listen, they're all pretty good with minimal amounts of filler.

Should have just made a general

In no particular order
>Wrahtchild
>Hallowed be thy name
>Mercenary
>Bring your daughter to the slaughter
>Sign of the cross(bruce dickinson vocals)
>Die with your boots on
>Flight of icarus
>The duelist
>Rime of the ancient mariner
>Brave new world
>Fates warning
>judas be my guide
>futureal
>the assasin
I could go on, hell i didn't even mention the big classics, just to be contrarian

>phantom of the opera
>hallowed be thy name
>where the eagles dare
>powerslave
>rime of the ancient mariner
>wasted years
>infinite dreams
>seventh son of the seventh son
>judas be my guide
>afraid to shoot strangers

Judas Be My Guide and Mercenary are so underrated
Afraid to shoot strangers is goat

no particular order
>Hallowed Be Thy Name
>Prowler
>Run to the Hills
>Children of the Damned
>The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
>2 Minutes to Midnight
>Blood Brothers
>Fear of the Dark
>Wasted Years
>The Trooper

>no Transylvania
>mew

Fuck Judas Priest. Not even in the same league.

This isn't their actual top 10 though.

In no particular order
Aces High
Phantom of the Opera
Hallowed be thy Name
Still Life
Revelations
Powerslave
Caught Somwhere In Time
Infinite Dreams
Judas Be My Guide
Starblind

Nahhhhh, More like most overrated. I'm a huge Maiden fan but honestly can't stand Can I Play With Madness.

>Mercenary

My nigga

>Iron Maiden is for faggots
>likes Judas Priest

Really activates your almonds

Since it acatually got turned into a general and not a top 10, have anyone ever heard of a heavy metal band from Poland, Turbo? I've been recently linked one of their album and the similarities in some of the tracks are really apparent although still enjoyable to listen to.
youtube.com/watch?v=O2kqyOiWaFk

1. Hallowed be thy name
2. phantom of the opera
3. powerslave
4. killers
5. purgatory
6. caught somewhere in time
7. judas be my guide
8. flight of icarus
9. rime of the ancient mariner
10. the red and the black

Pretty much anything from Somewhere in Time or Seventh Son. Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner and Moonchild come to mind as underrated tracks.

You should relisten to some of their earlier albums. Almost everything from Sad Wings of Destiny to Hell Bent for Leather is great. British Steel & Screaming for Vengeance are good too but I never got the hype surrounding them.

Hallowed Be Thy Name on every ones lists, Guess this proves it's the greatest Maiden song.

It's by far my favourite song ever.

it's god tier

Anyone else feel Fear Of The Dark is harshly treated? It's got some real gems on there

>Be Quick Or Be Dead
>Afraid To Shoot Strangers
>Childhoods End
>Wasting Love
>Judas Be My Guide
>Fear Of The Dark

All pretty much 10/10s for me FOTD has only around maybe 3 bad ones (Not Including The Apparition, Since i don't get the hate behind the song).

SOMEWHERE IN TIME IS THE 10/10 ALBUM

The majority of Maiden albums are 10/10 tbhh

Killers, Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son are god tier.

>there are people who think 7th Son is better than this
baka desu

No Prowler? Wack

7th Son has less filler desu.

I bought some tickets to go see Ghost because they were opening for maiden, and god damn they put on such a great show, very theatrical. Maiden on the other hand made me leave the concert early. I cant for the love of god appreciate their music it all sounds the same, I couldnt tell where one song started and ended it was all just noise. The same powerchords, the same terrible singing, same incompetent soloing. Fuck do they need 3 guitarists, all playing strats for? inb4 overrated hacks was right.

it only has 2 good songs

That's Bullshiiiiiiit

>ghost is great
>maiden is shit

Can't think of ten but
>Transylvania
>Chains of misery
>2 minutes to midnight
>phantom Of The opera
>weekend warrior
Are some of my favourites

somewhere doesn't have a song as bad as can I play with madness
wrong
jesus

>Fuck do they need 3 guitarists
Aside from the trolling, it's probably because their guitarists are all cool bros and they wouldn't want to get rid of any one of them so they just took Adrian back in and stuck with 3.

Imagine having an opinion like this

Iron Maiden is trash. Fuck off metal fags

Yeah, CIPWM always sounded really hokey to me. Like I know part of the Maiden appeal is a bit of cheese, but CIPWM always seemed really daft.

>Weekend Warrior

Excellent taste user

t. nu-male

It's just a fun catchy song with a great solo. It's probably the weakest in 7th Son though, especially next to amazing stuff like the title track or The Clairvoyant.

Havent given any reason as to why you think maiden is good.

Exactly this, The appeal of that song is completely lost on me. It just doesn't fit Seventh Son at all in my opinion and kind of kill the atmosphere of the album especially tucked in between amazing tracks like Infinite Dreams and The Evil That Men Do.

What's the best Maiden live album anons?

I know they've started taking the piss with live releases recently but I know they've had some quality live stuff.

>Recorded pic related whenever it was on Kerrang when I was 13 and watched each recording at least 10 times.

Good times

Safe to say this is the first time I've ever seen Weekend Warrior in a top 5 or even top 10 Maiden song list. I respect you for that though.

>The Clansman
>Dream of Mirrors
>Hooks in You
>22 Acacia avenue
>Hallowed Be Thy Name
>Prowler
>Strange World
>Phantom of the Opera
>Caught Somewhere In Time
>Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Honestly, this entire album could just be a repeat of that Fear of the Dark performance for each track and still be the best.

What do you guys think is the most underrated Maiden song? I've got to go with Childhoods End

youtube.com/watch?v=EuHAE5TvW0E

The Clansman is easily the best song of the Blaze era.

Nah, they have plenty of mediocre filler songs on most albums. NOTB for example. Has some of the best Maiden songs but half of the tracks on that album aren't really great.
I'd say SSOASS and SIT are 10/10 though.

Sign Of The Cross>The Clansman

I know it's not maiden but I don't really get a chance to talk about this album anywhere else.

What's the consensus on this? I know his work with maiden was a lot to be desired, but this is an amazing album., probably one of the best metal albums post 2000.

Yeah, I agree. I'm just a Maiden fanboy tbhh

Thoughts on Dickinson solo stuff?

Pretty good tbqh, Then again i really enjoyed Blazes stuff in Maiden. X Factor is one of my favorite albums of all time and is ridiculously underrated.

ehhh, pretty mediocre

The only songs I can really remember are Tattooed Millionaire, which is pretty fun, and Tears of the Dragon, which is quality

Bring Your daughter to the slaughter was a fun song but I didn't personally like much if his other solo stuff.

Most of it is pretty good i'd argue Accident Of Birth and Chemical Wedding are on par with Maiden material.

>NOTB
>half the tracks are filler

C'mon. The only filler there Invaders and Gangland, and Gangland is actually pretty good.

Also, I'd say the PowerSlave & SSOASS has no filler at all and personally, I think the s/t has Strange World

This, I'll never understand the hate Gangland gets. It's in my top 5 on NOTB.

Honestly, I think it just gets overshadowed a bit.

Two songs before it are both some of the biggest metal songs of all time, and the song after it is often considered the best Maiden song of all time.

Plus, the other tracks on the album are massive Maiden songs too, like Prisoner and 22 Acacia. I love the song too, but it does come across a bit weak against that lineup

Yeah, that makes sense. You put into perspective. I'd still say it isn't a filler track though.

I like their first album a lot

You listened to any other Maiden?

Yes pretty much every album I think but the first one just feels special and I like how rough it sounds, it's been a while since I listened to them though

Every song off of Killers and Number of The Beast

So whats the consensus on Book Of Souls? Best post reunion Iron Maiden album?

It's my favorite since Brave New World. AMOLAD had a lot of good, and some of the proggier stuff on FF was also good.

If they cut down BOS to a single disc, it'd probably be my favorite. Empire of the Clouds may be my favorite reunion song by the band

Just out of interest how would you rank the post reunion albums? Brave New World up to Book Of Souls.

Brave New World
Book of Souls
A Matter of Life and Death
The Final Frontier
Dance of Death

Final Frontier would probably be higher if they cut it down. The last half of the album was way better than the first. Dance of Death is really low because I can barely remember any of it beyond Paschendale and the title track

>Aces high
>Powerslave
>2 minutes to midnight
>Back in the Village
>Flash of the blade
>The trooper
>Run for the hills
>Hallowed be the name
>Fear of the dark
>Killers

Solid list, Not enough underrated maiden songs though for my taste.

The Trooper
Aces High
Wasted Years
Fear of the Dark
Run to the Hills
Powerslave
Number of the Beast
Can I play With Madness
Greater Good of God
Longest Day

Sorta