Seems like the score of Hybrid Theory is going to tick up slightly in RYM

Seems like the score of Hybrid Theory is going to tick up slightly in RYM.

I still doubt it will pass 3 stars though

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~Maudlinn
youtube.com/watch?v=-7eWY-UWO2Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loveless_(album)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Seems like the score of Hybrid Theory is going to tick up slightly in RYM.
i remember when it was at 2.40, now it could break 3.00. that's a huge difference

it's gonna get bolded

Honestly i just rated it 3.5
It's not the best album, but the pop hooks are kind of too strong for me to deny them

>Reanimation is 2.22
Fuck this shitty site.

I feel kinda unsure about rating it 3.5 btw because i feel less satisfied listening to Hybrid Theory compared to alot of other albums that i rated 3.5. The lyrics+sterile production really are not good

Maybe it deserves just a 3?
hmmmm......

Oki i decided to keep it 3.5

this album is objectively a hair below mediocre

Do you really believe that this album is around 70% as good as your five-star-rated albums? This gets a solid 1.5/5 from me, and that in spite of the fact that this album brings me tremendous nostalgia.

good comment

i would never get myself into rating music like this... but i can understand why people like it.

I think that what makes you doubt your rating is the discrepancy between what you see as the album's 'general artistic value' and the purely personal value.

Maybe you can rate it as the average of those two..?

You cannot deny it's much more catchy and instant than most albums in that genre.

The album is full with so many good and memorable hooks i think it deserves some credit.

Nah, i rate albums only based on how much i enjoy them (enjoyment is not just fun btw. there are other forms of enjoyment).

I'm going to keep it 3.5, but it's probably a low 3.5

link rym please

>but it's probably a low 3.5

what do you mean 'it is'?
you speak like there's some ultimate right number to address to music that's ridiculous to me.
i dont understand rating

i don't think it deserves any credit. it's boring pop music. no offense to chester though. better than anything i could make

Here:
rateyourmusic.com/~Maudlinn

it's anthony fantano bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=-7eWY-UWO2Q

see 0:28

>it's boring pop music
Not enough wall of sound and faux-avantgarde to mask the simple pop ditties for you?

It's a subjective number which represents how much i enjoyed the album. that's all it is

You don't need to belittle avant-garde music to show your appreciation of pop

but if you think its actually lower than 3.5 why do you keep it at 3.5?

i'm just saying you could be listening to better music. i understand that it's nostalgic for you guys but that doesn't make it good.

Because it's also higher than 3/5 in my opinion.

this record is the definition of mediocre for me

I'm making fun of 80% the Sup Forumscore albums which are basic pop but with an avant quirk for the Sup Forumsdrones to "enjoy" and fit in.

I'd say the album is between 2.5 and 3 stars, it's definitely not a BAD album-- it's not notable either.

>Because it's also higher than 3/5 in my opinion.
kek, pleb

I heard alot of albums i thought are mediocre.

Hybrid Theory is too catchy to be considered completely mediocre. the success of the album wasn't just because of smart publishing, but also because it's genuinely catchy as fuck and has great pop sensibilities

besides the obvious connection with Loveless, to which other albums are you referring?

this

I mean Loveless is literally boring pop music but with TONS OF LAYERS OF INSTRUMENTS and somehow that makes it Sup Forumscore

Radiohead

i agree with you too. i really don't give a shit about loveless or kid a. the fact that you're so defensive about this music just proves that it's not very good. you'll let go of it once you find better stuff

>art is the sum of its parts

If this is your mentality then art is definitely not for you, let alone music. Try architecture.

I imagine you also think the same of The Ronettes' "Be My Baby"?

I mean I already listen to more respectful (by Sup Forums standards) music, but that doesn't mean I need to let go of my roots.

>add distortion to derivative pop song
>suddenly it's now experimental and boundary-pushing
this is your brain on scaruffi

crazyaga do you still play guitar

Sure. i also have very strong musical ideas for my debut album, and also some songs for my 2nd album.

I doubt i will release anything before 2020 though

>this glaring ignorance
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loveless_(album)

read for once in your life

read-up on pop music history and learn some basic music theory for once in your life instead of reciting scaruffi and vaporwave memes

>i don't think it deserves any credit. it's boring pop music
You could say the same thing about The Beatles.

>>art is the sum of its parts

where did I say that?

They were never a good band. This is nothing but raters having rose tinted glasses.

You're right, I'm sorry, you said "art is the sum of its badly explained parts."

>implying I don't know music theory
>implying music theory isn't your god because you're a pretentious faggot with nothing else holding you up
>implying I don't know pop music history

You'd think someone who knows pop music's vast history would be totally cool with assuming the position of "maybe I'm wrong and/or don't know" and would actually heed word on potentially learning something new and basically see:

I just rated it a 5. His death made me aware of what a tryhard edgelord pretentious snob I've become. I loved Hybrid Theory as a kid, it's definitely one of the important albums of my life, even if it doesn't affect me now like it used to.

>implying
>implying
>implying
do you have something more to say than dead and dated memes or

>You're right, I'm sorry, you said "art is the sum of its badly explained parts."

except I didn't

but go on keep thinking you're some superior special patrician for listening to shoegaze lmao

I just rated it 1 star

>he shuts up

Didn't see that coming.

But you did, essentially. Everything you said about Loveless is pretty clearly rooted in ignorance.

I don't even have to listen to shoegaze to call you out. For all you know, I could absolutely hate Loveless and shoegaze altogether. Where's the relevance here? Fucking moron.

>smugness in place of arguments
>reddit spacing
really enables your melons

Watch out everyone we've got a Wikipedia scholar on our hands here.

It doesn't deserve higher than 1 star. If you disagree, you need to escape from your nostalgia.

>>smugness in place of arguments
(irony)

reanimation is t r a s h

I disliked Linkin Park when i was a teen and now i enjoy their music more than i used to

I've had it at a 1.0 for years
That's not changing
Bad music is bad music
Literally none of you would say this had he not killed himself

this is how people should be rating albums.

>RYM
literally the MAL of music