What fish have you caught recently /b, and how do you cook them?

What fish have you caught recently /b, and how do you cook them?

I've been fishing for smallmouth bass since they're easy to fillet and taste pretty good in some flour, butter, and salt.

I caught thirty small chub mackerel. I fried them.

You lucky duck, my luck with mackerel is terrible.
I also tried to catch some Striped bass but we never actually get a solid bite, they play with it a lot though.

Try sabiki fishing for mackerel. On a good day you can catch dozens an hour

My recipe is: fillet the bass and pick for bones until I'm sure it's boneless, then I put flour all over it and put it in a pan with butter and sprinkle salt all over it, if I had oregano I would use that as well.

Sometimes I wrap it in tin foil with butter, salt, pepper and garlic and get it on the barbecue.
It is delish.

I definitely have to.
I've only ever fished for them off of a dock at high tide, some people pull out 8 or so, I get none.

sabiki is really cheap and easy too. You just use any old rod, plop the rig into the water, jig it to release the bait and if there are any fish they'll start darting around and getting hooked.

interesting, I have to try that.

Anyone ever try to cook perch?

Fuck you for eating Smallmouth

Why?

Is that you?

Rainbow trout caught via Thompson river on a spinner casting into the back eddy

I just cant imagine eating a smallmouth bass. It's like cooking a red-tailed hawk

My dad likes trout as well, I never had the patience to wade to a brook through grass and stuff.

I just kayak to catch my Smallmouth bass and perch.

They're decent eating fish, I heard people were opposed to it but never understood why.
Mind explaining what you mean by that?

Some anglers are just protective over their favorite fish. I want to see them thrive, especially in small streams and creeks.

Ah, I see.
I would like them to thrive too, I don't fish for a bazillion of them, only maybe 3 a week if that, and I only fish maybe once every 2 weeks.

What part of the country are you in?

Canada, Nova Scotia.

All I've caught this summer is a handful of whiting, a dinky Atlantic Sharpnose shark, and a 5 foot bull shark.

Lots of crappie and some bass. I don't eat them because they are in retention ponds in a large subdivision surrounded by soybean fields. Those fish have more carcinogens than your average Sup Forums thread.

Don't people eat those sharks?

We have a pond where a lot of trout pass though, but I refuse to eat them, the previous owners of our house dumped garbage and a t.v in it.

I figure that wherever they came from can't be much better.

Oh well shit, eat up! Your fish populations have nothing to worry about.

Actually, I don't even fish in that pond.

don't interrupt our fish-talk, faggot

I will definitely go here, thanks for blessing me user.

Some sharks are good eating. Large ones are not. Take a pic and throw it back. My general rule with small sharks is only to keep them if there are tons of them out there.

I was really only interested in cobia, pompano, and drum anyway.

Ah, I never liked fishing for sport, sometimes I'll chuck them if they're too small or I have larger ones.

I'm actually going kayaking for some SM bass today in about 5 hours with a buddy. Aiming for 3 so we can feast on them. A lot of the reason I fish is for eating them, maybe one day I'll trap some lobsters.

sad fishing thred dies?

All I seem to catch lately are bluegill the size of my fingers. I'm doing something wrong with the trout.

Haven't gone in about a week, but planning on going soon. I just hate this time of year because it feels like everyone's out, and every bit of water is crowded.

Same, that's why I Kayak, the sides of rivers are full of people so I have to head far out.

Caught a tunafishel smelt with my 8" bobber. I ate it raw

Mainly rainbow trout
>wrap in foil with oil and garlic paste and cook on the fire on river bank

I've always wanted to smoke a fillet, but I think I wouldn't have the patience.

Trout, from streams. Also easy fillet. Corn meal, heavy pepper, cayenne. Fry them up!

sup with the glove?

Sounds great, my dad goes nuts for them.

I wear gloves to I can hold their mouth without fearing hooking myself, but his glove is odd.

Creek chub, yellow perch and longnose gar. As I travel along the creekbeds of the potomac basin in my shirt, sandals and shorts these are the fundaments of my diet. In the evening a game of tennis on borrowed courts and the strawtick of evening and cheap wine to lay me down.

Are you by chance a king?

Fried walleye is the fucking BOMB dude.
Otherwise I usually catch Silver Bass / other type of bass because the bass family is the best tasting and easiest to prepare. I also enjoy my Northern Pike.

I wear one of my old white laced cotton gloves from my job on my left hand because it allows for you to grip the fish without it slipping at all and prevents hooking yourself or getting bit by the fish.

I agree, bass are great.

I want to catch a striper and make steaks of it.

In this day and age, perhaps.

Had it and thought I would see if it helped get a grip without damaging fish; 1/10 would not bother to use again.

I use these thick michelin gloves, they're always frayed and gives you a better grip.

I always wear gloves for bass, but only one, they're sharp fish.

Last week i caught:

23 Pikes(shit fish, kills everything, invasion fish, tastes like shit, good farm cat food)

2 trouts(delicious)

31 Perch ( Delicious, kept 7 of them, which was decent size)

Wow, you are one lucky guy!
I got 4 bass one day, kept 3 of them, and 5 perch, kept none.