People unironically dislike a director because of his choice to take full advantage of audiovisuals in an audiovisual...

>people unironically dislike a director because of his choice to take full advantage of audiovisuals in an audiovisual medium
Why?

I liked the movie and that's what counts, who cares what other people think

>derivative style
Derivative of WHAT?

>listening to Motoko
German shitposters are the worst and their opinions are dogshit.

Does he still even post here? I remember he was an insufferable Breaking Bad fanboy too

>people complain Refn's films lack substance, and that they "don't get them"
>then complain that they have "unsubtle filmschool symbolism"
>unsubtle

Don't really know what to make of it. Also what does he mean with "self seriousness"? Like, Refn takes himself too seriously? Is that post really implying that sincerity is something to be frowned upon?

In any case, it sounds like that person hates Refn and his films, for personal reasons, that are obviously influenced by how others view the films, and tries to find any excuse to validate the hatred that he feels rather than looking at the films for what they are. The cognitive dissonance he feels when discussing Fight Club says it all.

>uses tarantino picture to prove a point
That alone made the post worthless.
what a joke

I loved it. I also really liked Revolver and everyone hates that, so maybe I'm the retard.

Pretty accurate for his board. Refn fans are bigger babbies than the noland ones(another director which that ape was a fan of)
Probably

>pretending to have IRL friends on a chink cartoon imageboard

Sad!

Who hates Revolver? Revolver is prime ritchekino

Everyone I've ever talked to about it said they didn't like it.

Never talked about it on Sup Forums so I dunno.

revolver was literally enlightening but it got shit on by critics heavily

Wonder if the ones shitting on it watched the shitty recut American version or the original.

>want a fight

what a strange thing to offer someone

terrible acting is not really a valid complaint about the film though

When did you realize you had become a Refnboi?

Lynch, apparently

When I found myself defending TND even tho I really didn't like it.
Tbf however most Refn's detractors are retarded and their points are nowhere valiable

the problem is when the visuals are so purposefully exaggerated and jarring that you specifically notice what he's doing, you get pulled out of the movie and realise you're just watching a series of interesting shots. It's like getting so close to a painting that all you see is brushstrokes and you lose the overall image they're trying to portray. Yes there's still artistry and clear skill in it, but at that point it exists solely to be analysed rather than enjoyed.

In Drive the things were subtle, just some neon lights in the background when Gosling is in his car or interesting but still believeable windows and placement of objects. OGF is a mess of bright shiny kitsch

agreed. i still really liked it though.

Because there's a good way of doing that type of movie and a bad way. He tries a bit too hard to be Jodorowsky but comes across as amateur in comparison.

It's really more Dario Argenti in his use of colours. I don't see a lot of Lynch in Refn's movies, desu.

Yeah, this is much more Giallo inspired then it is Lynch.

>smile at the fact that Gosling will never work with Refn again

So he hasn't heard the news, I guess