Decide to watch The Venture Bros. for the first time

>Decide to watch The Venture Bros. for the first time.
>David Bowie references.
>Iggy Pop references.
>Marvel/DC references.
>Scooby Gang are a bunch of dysfunctional druggies stuck in the past.
>Jonny Quest is a literal druggie.
>Captain Sunshine is supposed to be Superman and he is a closeted pedo.

I really, really love this show.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6CHVLSY_Hrk
youtube.com/watch?v=HPDH4WxnQi4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its pretty great.

Yeah it's based and it only gets better imo.

IGNORE ME!

the new seasons are literally capeshit

>Captain Sunshine is supposed to be Superman

He's also Batman.

its a great show that never gets much hype because its seasons are like 4 years apart.

>Captain Sunshine is supposed to be Superman

Superman and Batman. And you should mention Kevin Conroy VA'd.

I love looking at how it started off as a Johnny Quest parody and has grown into it's own universe of characters. I think the world building may actually be my favorite part of the series.

Either way it's fucking great. I just wish there wasn't a 3-5 year wait between each season. That said, not many other shows can come close to Venture Bros animation, art and fantasic voice work. Regardless of your opinion on the story, the episodes are made really well.

>Scooby Gang are a bunch of dysfunctional druggies stuck in the past.
Not true actually. That bunch of lunatics have different names from the actual Scooby gang and they mention one of the scooby doo members by name (I think it was Daphne) in one episode. So yeah the crazy people and the scooby doo gang both exist in the VB universe.

I cannot think of anything else like it.
something that is at it's core...an episodic animated comedy, just organically continues to build this world and always in funny ways. the writing, the pacing, the references and gags are just all so well done.

the more I think about the V Bros. the more I'm just impressed that it has not let me down a damn bit since I first saw the pilot back in 2003, when I was a damn Junior in HS.

feels pretty good.

That's my favourite episode of season 2. Actually the entire season is pure gold

In that episodes episode the Scooby Gang are all based on real life murderers, cult leaders and crazy feminists.

I amuses me so damn much that Kevin Conroy voices Captain Sunshine

The joke wouldn't be complete without him doing the voice

That all sounds like fedora garbage, thanks for letting me know so I'll never waste my time

18+

You think your job sucks? Let me tell you about the people I work with.

First, there's this supermodel wanna-be chick. Ok, I'll admit, she's pretty hot, but damn she is completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her hair or putting on her makeup. She is extremely self centered and never considers the needs of anyone other than herself. She is dumber than a box of rocks and I find it surprising that she has enough brain power to breathe.

The next chick is exactly the opposite- she might even be one of the smartest girls on the planet. She has endless career opportunities but she's still here with us. She is a zero on a scale of 1 to 10. I doubt she even showers, much less shaves her "womanly" parts. I think she might be a lesbian, because every time we drive past the hardware store she moans like a cat in heat.

But the jewel of the crowd has got to be the fucking stoner. And this guy is more than just your average pothead. The guy is baked before he comes to work, after work, and even during work. He probably hasn't been sober any time in the last 10 years, and he's only 22. He dresses like a beatnik throwback from the 1960's, and, to make things worse, brings his fucking giant dog to work. Every fucking day I have to look at this huge Great Dane walking around half stoned from the second-hand smoke. Hell, sometimes I even think it's trying to talk with its constant bellowing. Also, both of them are constantly hungry, requiring multiple stops to McDonald's and Burger King every single fucking day.

Anyways, I drive these fucktards around in my van and we solve mysteries and shit.

>>Captain Sunshine is supposed to be Superman and he is a closeted pedo.

And he's voiced by Batman.

Capeshit, David Bowie and lol drug users is something only adults can understand? Give me a break, you like this shit because you have childish interests and I'm sure the Bowie references are to his overrated singles not to the actual good songs. Let me guess someone dresses up in one of his costumes? So fucking deep, funnay jokes

18+

Any patrician would conclude quickly that Venture Bros. is the greatest cartoon of all time.

Thanks for winning the argument for me kid

You clearly haven't seen Venture Bros. It doesn't contain references to his mainstream music it actually has Bowie in the show. Also the shows is filled with obscure references and jokes. Watch the show before you attempt to criticize it.

18+

100% this

>obscure references
Wow batman is so obscure to a 14 year old like me
And Bowie is on the show, I bet you've never heard of him. Nobody in my school class has

I love this deep, complex show. Did you know the Scooby Doo guys are drug users, what a fresh and unexpected joke! It's almost like those videos of Mario doing actual shrooms instead of mushrooms XD

any patrician would know that of all time is too long for anything to be scaled on

but its up there

top 6 of all time maybe?

david bowie actually voiced his own character in the series when he was alive. he was a villian if i remember correctly

I miss the old days of 21 and 24. They were the best.

I hope you're baiting because if not I feel bad for you.

We all do, that's the joke. That's why the show works.

No he did not voice his own character. The creators talk at length of them always wishing he would but it remained something unobtainable and now it's something impossible due to his death.

I never said Bowie and Batman were the obscure references.

>I love this deep, complex show. Did you know the Scooby Doo guys are drug users, what a fresh and unexpected joke!

They weren't druggies retard they were based on real life murderers Ted Bundy, Valerie Solanas, Patty Hearst and David Berkowitz.

i remember seeing him credited on one of the episodes as a voice actor. weird.

He very clearly is.

Venture Bros is the only cartoon to match Futurama's best feel-scenes.

>that montage with Phantom Limb losing his limbs, how Pete and Billy reunited, and how Brock started at Venture Corp.

I like how 21 and The Monarch have become so close afterwards. The Blue Morpho story arc was the best of season 6.

You never know, an animated show on Adult Swim about superheroes with lots of 'meta' humor raises about fifty red flags for an angry shitposter.

It's definitely the most self referential. I wouldn't immediately call it the greatest, but definitely top 3.

Capeshit is garbage and so is le ironic meta humour. You get over such trite when you become an adult/if you have actual intelligence. Then again what kind of adult watches cartoons except for spending time with their kids?

Truly the hipster's Rick and Morty

Too obvious on that one, you should have left it alone.

Gotta try harder kid. You do want to fit in here?

>le bait XD
The true trash of this website

When are we getting more, 2018? This is one of the few shows that deserves time though, even if it's a shitload.

Still to much. Never gonna fit in kid.

>what kind of adult watches cartoons
You really can't see past the fact that it's animated? Do you think When The Wind Blows is for kids as well? Watership Down?

You must be an incredibly shallow and unintelligent person if you dismiss the entire content of a show or film based solely on the presentation.

I bet you think Orwell's Animal Farm was a boring story about farm animals.

>seasons are like 4 years apart.
yeah we will probably not get another season in like 2018-2020
i wonder how adultswim or whatever netwoork its on just accept that

All of those stories are for children because children aren't pussies unless they are raised to be

And animal farm is the most obvious metaphor ever, God I bet you actually thought you were smart getting the simple message

>Continues to call it capeshit.

I know you'll never bother to watch the show because you're one of those shitposters who can't get enough of the (You)'s but this show has only two or three actual "good" guys. Whenever a "superhero" shows up, they often tend to be pretty fucked up behind the scenes (depression, alcoholism, pedophilia, etc).

>animal farm is the most obvious metaphor ever
Which is why I used it as an example of something that would go over your head you autistic fucking moron.

You actually, unironically think When The Wind Blows is for children? I hope for your sake that you are a troll or underage for this website because that is approaching mental retardation levels of stupid.

Bowie isn't an obscure reference, Klaus Nomi was an obscure reference.

I also loved the Legion of Doom reimagined as the Warhol Superstars. Another pretty damn obscure reference, and I'm an oldfag.

Probably my favourite cartoon. I love how it initially started off as a pretty basic Jonny Quest parody, but kept introducing new characters and factions leading to an extremely complex universe they have now

>animal farm
>metaphor
It's an allegory you illiterate cunt.

Just watching this youtube.com/watch?v=6CHVLSY_Hrk makes you realize how far we've come.

I also love that Venture Bros has their characters age, evolve, and puts them in new situations and environments. Hammer and Publick love changing up the format

>>Scooby Gang are a bunch of dysfunctional druggies stuck in the past.
They weren't druggies. They were based on real people.
Fred was Charles Manson
Shaggy was David Berkowitz
Velma was that ultra feminist who wrote the SCUM manifesto and shot Andy Warhol
Daphne was Patty Hurst

>Sunshine
its Batman. He has a kid sidekick and butler and everything. The gag is everyone thinks he is, and acts like it, but isn't.

>le scooby doo gang is high on weed LMAO

that wasn't the fucking joke. The venture bro's version of the scooby doo gang is that they are based on late 20th century psychopaths.

its been doing comic books from day 1 you fool

Really enjoying the growth of Hank as a character. Have the feeling he'd make for a decent member of O.S.I. some day.

My only concern about the Venture Bros is to whether it will actually get a proper ending when the time finally comes. That and whether I'll still be alive when it happens.

not only is it obscure but it combines them with an old cartoon

They did the same thing with Col. Hunter Gathers. Hunter S. Thompson mashed up with Nick Fury. And the Scooby gang mashed up with serial killers.

youtube.com/watch?v=HPDH4WxnQi4