Will we ever get a Predator film where the lead pred doesn't die?

Will we ever get a Predator film where the lead pred doesn't die?

alienbros>predacucks

Maybe, the next movie is out in 2018.

part of me wants a new alien movie but the other part want's the series to die peacefully

you nkow when you think about it its pretty fucking stupid. aliens are supposed to be this horrifying monster species, and yet they get completely wiped out by humans in every movie. in 3 they get killed by a bunch of virtually unarmed retards.

same for predators. they keep getting their fucking asses handed to them.

what if the real predator is humans?

Poetry

Is this any good?

AvP. Maybe AvP2 but it's too hard to tell what's going on in that one.

The original Predator was a metaphor for the 1980s AIDS scare, as shirtless homosexual men are killed one-by-one, by this unseen, silent killer. Ultimately, man has to cover himself with protection to fight and defeat the menace. As soon as he does, he falls sleep next to a woman. My point is, P1 was defeated by education and awareness.

P3 was more about the exploited worker getting used by the establishment. In the end, they fight back with their meager weapons, but not before seeing the death of our refugees, or gangs, and our prison population. So, self-preservation as opposed to education and what-not.

As excited as I am for this, I seriously hate the title.

What's so wrong about Predator 3? Why do they fear numbers?

All of the lead Preds died in AvP.

Wolf from AvP2 had to be nuked in order to get rid of him though, so he gets some points above the rest.

K/D ratio though.

They only got trounced in Aliens.

>what's wrong with Predator 3?
The same thing wrong with "Alien 2" apparently.

The pic you linked to, tho, is "The Predator," and is the 4th standalone Predator film.

New Alien movie is already confirmed you dummy, done by the guy who did District 9 and Elysium. Gonna retcon Alien 3.

I know that, but Predators already tried to be cute with its title, so I was hoping we could sweep that one under the carpet, and continue with a proper numbering with Predator 3.

Alien and Aliens at least made a little sense, even if it made further sequels horribly confusing in their numbering, but to go from Predator, to Predator 2, and then back to THE Predator is just so unnecessarily awkward. Other than that though, I'm digging what little I've read about the movie.

>in 3 they get killed by a bunch of virtually unarmed retards
One was killed by a fucking claymore mine after getting shot with a Tokarev, another got rekt yeah, and the last fucked up another predator then get shot in the chest with an Israeli sniper rifle, got it's arm cut off, head caved in and only died when it was decapitated.
Also it got shanked by THE NUGGA IN THE STAYBLE? earlier.

This series has such a good chance to produce some historical sci fi but it fucking wont
These things were hunting us at least since the 1700s, why can't I get a fucking Zulu wars Predator movie or a fucking Pacific war Predator movie? Have Rhodesians face off against a Pred while fending off dindus, make a Predator wind up in the wild fucking west.

I personally loved it. I think a lot of people have mixed feelings towards it, but there was a lot I liked about it. Brody, the sniper girl, Walton Goggins, bro Russian, crazy Laurence Fishbourne, Yakuza, honor fighting, other aliens, great opening, fun end.

It's a silly movie, but it's a great time. If you have a love boner for the first Predator, you might feel like Predators is basically a shittier version of it, but I thought this kept the spirit of the first movie while adding its own flavor to it.

Fuck this, so much.

One of the coolest thing about the original Pred films was that they basically just took one genre of movie and tossed in a Predator to fuck shit up. Even AvPR got that much right, so why hasn't there been more experimentation with historical genres?

That was supposed to say "fucking THIS", but I guess my brain decided to have a stroke.

I'm totally agreeing with you, user, despite what might have looked.

The closest I've gotten is the comics (and a fan film called Predator: Dark Ages, where the Predator survives like OP wanted)
To name a few one had an 1800s British big game hunter facing off against a Pred, another similar one in Africa where a Pred was picking off African railroad workers just like the Ghost in the Darkness only with a Predator. Had a fun ending.
Another set in Africa had a dindu come back to his tribe being slaughtered while he was off doing his coming of age ceremony and facing off against the Predator, who was also doing his.

Sadly they aren't feature films, though.
Pic related was one I loved for being fucking stupid, Predator kills a mother grizzly's cub and gets BTFO.

Oh no I understood don't worry.

Oh, got it wrong, Pred was picking off armed British railroad overseers and the Africans were being blamed, so they sent out a hunting expedition.

Can we get an alien vs predator with human political intrigue?

>1800s British big game hunter facing off against a Pred
I never knew I wanted this, yet it feels like I've wanted it forever.

Though I've never really been able to get into Pred comics. Maybe I've just picked the worse ones, and it was almost a decade ago since I tried to, so I can't say all Pred comics are bad or anything. Maybe it's time I give them another go if this is the kind of stuff that's happening.

Unlike Alien comics which maintain a rough 60% to 40% good bad ratio, predator comics are more like 20% to 80%, so I can see why.
I'd recommend the omnibuses. See which one has that comic, I think it's Volume 4 but I'm not sure, then buy it, you get a bunch of other free comics with it.

Noted.

I've actually been eying those omnibuses for some time now, but never felt particularly confident enough to spend money on them. But I've yet to have a bad rec from a friendly user so far, so that's something to add to the list. Thanks mate.

No problem.
Yeah, the Omnibus is the easiest way to read the comic other than downloading it (I can't find a DL though)
I will warn that Omnibuses can come in crappy condition, I got an Aliens one and the spine broke from light page flipping to get to the comic I wanted. Predator Omnibuses have lasted much better but aren't top tier quality I have to warn.
If you're concerned about the cost, the 1800s Brit vs Predator comic is titled "Predator: Nemesis" if you'd like to try and track down a DL. I bet Sup Forums would know where to find it.

Found a page off google as well as a sample.