Give me one good reason religious people shouldn't be purged from the Earth. Inb4 you cant

Give me one good reason religious people shouldn't be purged from the Earth. Inb4 you cant

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_involvement_in_regime_change
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because, even if its fake, religion brought people together and advanced civilization

The heretics that worship egyptian gods and the frog will be destroyed and God will cleanse the land to give them to us the chosen ones.
I have had 3 miracles happen to me as signs, money duplicated with a witness, I have seen heaven and the promised city and I have seen your destruction.
I am just waiting for the new kingdom to be a reality.

That's a lot of work. And then there's these nachos...

>Advanced civilization

Its still fucking hindering the advancement of civilization. Now more than ever.

you're just as fucking stupid as they are

Because they are people and you have no right to genocide, keyboard warrior

>brought people together

What fucking fantasy world are you living in?

This, I'm not a religious person myself but i can possitive things coming from religions.

inb4 fuck you, you neckbeard atheist losers get your head out of your ass for once.

Ok. Then name a positive that outweighs ALL the negatives that have come about because of religion.

Cease your faggotry, fedorafag

>expected comeback was expected.

Thanks for proving my point.

Some of them are still decent people, worth the salt they might occasionally throw over their back.

the whole point is not about proving religion as this perfect a perfect by the way this is a loaded question fallacy

That you are autistic fag?
If you don't believe then let people believe you retarded neckbeard

The first guy who answered was not me.

And you used Loaded question fallacy.

And you missed my point entirely. I was asking you to give an example of how religion does more good than harm

I dont give a shit if people wanna believe. Thats all their own wasted time in my opinion and theyre free to waste it as they see fit.

You said ONE example that outweights EVERYTHING

It's only Islam really
Just let the religious belief what they want as long as they bring no harm to anyone
I'm not religious myself but the ten commandments are alright for instance, at least the ones that are over Men and not over God

Jesus fuck. Fine you specific asshole. The please tell me how we're better off having religion than it never have existed. For fucks sake.

You can't inb4 your own post faggot

Religion was a necessary thing back before we had laws and government. However, it is now a hindrance to further advancement. We shouldn't exterminate all religious people and beliefs as they will slowly die out over time anyway. More young people are non-religious these days than ever before.

At the point where you start exterminating people en masse you show that laws don't work edgy faggot

We are talking about events worldwide that started before history.

No one know what the world would have been without religion my point is purging the earth for something like religion is fucking stupid but i would be okay with removing islam.

When you have no religion it devolves into a cult of personnality so its not really an advancement on this point.

And yet you keep dodging my question. I'll reword it as simply as i can for your tiny little brain then. What benifits has religion given to the world that outweigh the negative impacts it has had upon the world?

Even simpler if thats too difficult to understand. What has religion done to benefit the world that could have been accomplished without religion?

Religion is the only reason why we have computers and spaceships and shit

Religion tells people that their life is shit and that the global good is all.
It's called the Protestant Work Ethic.
Where everyone pretends like they're worth going into heaven
And that means being good

Without it, you can't have science.

the one's that aren't taking every word in the bible seriously have morals, even if they've been cultivated by fear of hell?

You do realize that I am arguing agains
t exterminating religion right. Because it seems like your confused.

it brought people together simple as that.
Europe/countries/etc Unified under one common religion

Why do you want to kill people so consequently?
Religion makes stupid people more obedient, wich is good because these are the ones that would get aggressive otherwise, and it isn't relevant for or at least doesn't harm intelligent people
When someone can get something out of religion - good for him
>the only exception being Islam

Overread a n't
You are obviously right user

Wow. This argument is so invalid. Yes it brought certain groups of people together I'm bot denying that. But it could have been accomplished without religion.

Also see and then tell me it brought people together. Yes family guy is stupid but its stupidity proves my point. More people have been killed in the name of god than for any other reason.

Im not advocating killing people. Im advocating being against religion. And while religion makes stupid people more obedient, it also makes them less tolerant, and less open to new ideas. If everyone gave up on religion worldwide tomorrow morning and all those people dedicated all the time spent on religion to science and the advancement of humanity as a species, the world would more than likely become a much better more tolerant place.

>Without religion you cannot have science
Wew lad I have read some brainlet posts in the past but this one takes the cake.

Care to explain how centuries of supressing the use of the scientific method, killing scientists for being atheist and halting the basic foundations of scientific theory that made such advancements possible in the first place helped propelled us to the discovery of such technological advancements?

Yeah and communists never killed anyone
You dont need religion to kill people, people will find all kinds of reason youre proving anything,

You agree with me bringing people is a good thing but its invalid when its religion does it. Nothing will ever be valid to your eyes because you keep using the same fallacy, you cant quantify the benefits and negative impacts, good things and bad things happened it will never be black or white its gray area.

I have demolished your flimsy position. You are left with nothing. Your land and women now belongs me, long will they lament your incompetence and lack of valiance, as I slowly roast them over hot coals and feed their charred remains to my pigs.

someone has to remind you that God's watching and waiting for you to repent of your sins

Edit: Proving Nothing**

What you say sounds good In theory but in praxis the time gained wouldn't be used for science
Also the people that believe in the Bible word for word now you wouldn't want to have in science anyways

i agree with user. religion definitely did not lead to science. science emerged and fucked religion of the arse.

I'd rather those people be into wrestling, monster trucks and cookouts.
It's not a bad life, and it keeps them out of the way.

Communism existed for about 40 something years. Religion has existed for thousands. Please tell me how one compares tp the other kill count wise?
Im not saying people wont find reasons to kill others. Im saying MORE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED IN THE NAME OF GOD THAN FOR ANY OTHER REASON.

And thats just one of the many prpblems with religion. So please continue to shout fallacy at me until toure blue in the face. My point stands. The world would be better off had religion never existed.

Look at this ignorant asshole

The only reason why the Renaissance took off was because the texts of the Roman Empire were preserved
No monasteries not books
The monks copied books they could not read and could not understand.
And that's how the Roman science continued.

And that's still ignoring the Protestant Work Ethic.
That Ethic is the most important cultural phenomenon of all time.
You literally cannot have society without it.
The idea that you have to act good even if no human is watching is super important.

Look at Brazil, Spain, or Portugal.
No Protestantism.
All upright apes pretending to be human.
Third world countries

Only Protestant nations ever reach real development
Why?
Because Protestants are taught to act like they're good. All the time.

That's why America ended up a super power. Because their factory goods weren't done by Chinese and just pretended to follow standards

In life, sometimes you will face overwhelming events and with religion you have a strawman to lean on for support. It is just a practical way of not losing your mind when faced with horrible events outside your control, such as death of a family member.

youre still not proving anything, look i will use the same logic you used against me: Prove to me beyond any reasonable doubts religion had a more negative impact than a possitive.

And you cant because you cant quantify these things or even list them.

Just because these people got killed in the name of God doesn't mean that they got killed because of God
They got killed for human reasons, mostly because someone saw his power threatened (exact same reason Stalin & Mao killed their millions) or because someone wanted more lands and power

Boi ur retarded.
Currently we would be better of without Religion, know it's causing hatred and terrorism and slowly advancement in science.

That's not wrong but you can't force them, if you try to do it anyway they will just resist out of principle

>Countless lives lost in the name of god
>Intolerance of other religions
>persecution and damnation of gays, lesbians, trans, ect (not advocating just saying)
>denouncing science and scientific theories
>most of the ten commandments are just illogical bullshit that manmade laws take precident over anyway

I could go on. But arguing with you has become tedious and pointless. I'll leave you with the big reasons stated above. None of these things constitutes the good that religion does of bringing people together and giving them hope (albeit false hope) of eternity in paradise with god if theyre good to their respective gods.

Ye
But how did we get here

Evolution the logical reason

now youre just cherry picking things that suites you, i dont thing you understood my arguement.

Evolution says that religion was selected for
Even Dawkins says so

This is a true point i have considered. However it does not solve the other problems with religion

See

>Protestants are taugh to act like they're good
>That's why America ended up a super power.
OLOLOL
Let's take a quick gander at America's history, how they rose to power and their methods to do it.

America when it first started out:
>Americans made up of people who were fleeing religious persecution
>Went ahead and genocided the vast majority of natives
>Enslaved niggers so that they didn't have to pick their own cotton
>Burnt people at the stake like subhuman trash from the middle age because of superstitions from their dumb kike religion
Fast forward to modern times:
>America wasn't even considered a superpower until the early 20th century when the more advanced and powerful nations and empires in Europe went to war with eachother.
>The geography of America means they stay out of it and offer loans to these nations (kind of like what China is doing to America now)
>Joins in at the last moment but sustains minimum casualties in both World Wars
>Gets rich from the loans made in the first world war and sets up alphabet agencies
>These agencies supress and control people in third-word countries like Guatamala, Honduras, Nicuragua, ect by toppling their governments and installing their own puppet governments

Viola, America became a superpower using nothing but good ol' fashioned hard work and religious morals right? Hmm... Maybe not...

In the name of God ≠ because of religion
For the ten commandments the 2 that tell you in what God to believe are obviously not that relevant but the rest of them is actually pretty nice
Don't fuck your friends wife
Don't steal
Be nice
Don't murder around
What's wrong with it?

P.S Here's a list of governments toppled by US affiliated agencies and militias, it is well documented so kindly educate yourself instead of making these spurious claims on laotian claymation discussion forums.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_involvement_in_regime_change

Whats wrong with it is that man should have had the common sense to figure it out without gods commanding it. If god didnt exist, ergo, the 10 commandments never existed, man would still have these laws.

You self righteous atheists arent a smart bunch are you?
Religion holds so many moral and family values that create mental and strength in a group of people.
The only bad tbing about religion is extremist rituals and conflict between different ones. Which only happened becuase of fags like you "im right and everyone else is wrong".

Why u reckin mudslimes r doing so well atm in the western world. Becuase they have strengths and bonds with each other where as the white man thinks hes alone.
Have fun with your society that doesnt belive in any judgement for how they treat each other.

You can't even say "Voi la" properly
I'm not going to read what the fuck you said

Only Protestants can make a functioning society.
Britain, France, Germany, America, Canada (after the Conquest), and the Scandinavians have REAL nations
The rest are shitholes pretending

Atheist don't typically talk shit about the basic bonds that religion gives

Only that it's based on bullshit

But someone had to write them down
Also take a look at shit tier cultures
They didn't figure it out, that's the reason they are shit tier

Have you even heard of isis and the taliban?

>You can't even say
You don't SAY things on imageboards, fucking moron.
I'm not even going to read past there.

Protestentism is cancer, just like all abrahamic religions and the vast majority of poisonous ideologies that survived because of superstitious brainlets.

Africa doesnt count. Niggers are not a people and therefore arent a culture

I said many times that the only exception is Islam, sorry I didn't put it in any post
Also for Isis the head of it just wanted power and used religion as mean to it

>quotes something from the last line of what he wrote
>I'm not going all that shit
I kekked you obviously read it all and can't rebut that "damned atheists" claims.

>"dude please" the protestent squeeled "please stop my dude". It was to avail, his fate was sealed the minute he came to into this world to lead a life of buffoonery and wiggerism. His swarthy jew parents, always stinking of sweat and dried urine, had such high hopes for him, but he choose instead to drown the pain of his miserable existence with cannabis consumption. He would listen to the hip nigger artists while 'blazin' up' destroying what little mental capacity nature had granted him. One day he came across a strange man. "I am a genius atheist, here to end your life" the man said. First the protestent laughed, preparing to light up another joint, but then with a flash of a light, the strange man's raw intelligence materialized and cut the joint from his hand. "Please my dude, please don't" he begged. His mutilated corpse was found in a pigsty. The animals his ancestors had sworn never to eat, had not repaid the kindness.

Religion gives people faith. When you are going through hardships (especially people in third world countries where quality of life is terrible) having a strong conviction can help you pull through it.

Also I believe MOST religions started out pure and virtuous but have become so fucking diluted and altered to give ppl political power it's sad. MOST religions preach killing is bad but these dipshits killing each other over religion are a plague to humanity no doubt.

I mean, you could try cunt but chances are i'd squash you

It's some form of culture
Also look at Islamic cultures
They didn't figure it out, even when their religion came from jewery once

>neckbeard from Sup Forums thinks he's better than others at the point where said others should be killed off
nothing would be lost if you stopped breathing this moment

>Religion is the only reason why we have computers and spaceships and shit
>the only reason
>ONLY reason
lol
Also
>computers and spaceships came from religion
>religion came from ooga boogas in Africa
>ooga boogas are therefore the smartest people on the planet
I bet you silly for making fun of those third-worlders now right user? Considering they effectively birthed your religion.

WE WUZ KANGZ AND SHEIT
>WE WUZ SCIENTISTS AND SHIT

>"dude please" the jew squeeled "please stop my dude". It was to avail, his fate was sealed the minute he came to into this world to lead a life of buffoonery and wiggerism. His swarthy jew parents, always stinking of sweat and dried urine, had such high hopes for him, but he choose instead to drown the pain of his miserable existence with cannabis consumption. He would listen to the hip nigger artists while 'blazin' up' destroying what little mental capacity nature had granted him. One day he came across a strange man. "I am a genius, here to end your life" the man said. First the jew laughed, preparing to light up another joint, but then with a flash of a light, the strange man's raw intelligence materialized and cut the joint from his hand. "Please my dude, please don't" he begged. His mutilated corpse was found in a pigsty. The animals his ancestors had sworn never to eat, had not repaid the kindness.

You can't have science without faith
How do you know Galileo was right? Or Kepler? Or Newton?
FAITH
Gotta have faith for science
Just another religion

Now that's Bullshit
It's not faith
You see something and hear a explanation that makes sense, but a scientist doesn't think he fully understands, he is never shure

Oh, you poor thing.

Maybe
But how is science down nowadays?
Every scientist does not rebuild everything from scratch
He can't
He has to take the Foundations on faith

That's religion mate

No its not
A scientist knows he may be wrong
A religious person believes to be right till death

Does a scientist really believe the foundations of their actions could be false?
It's more true the more you derive them
Just like priests

Does any chemist start from scratch and derive what an electron volt is? Of course not. The value of an electron volt is sacred. As much as the word of God is

Science is FAITH
How many scientists do you know derive the Constants for themselves?
They may as well be Gospels.

When does Pi get re-derived? Or e? Or Planck''s Constant? Or any other constant?

FAITH

Religion is bullshit. The only thing you need to know are the teachings of Christ. Anyone not doing what Christ would have done has no business calling themselves a Christian.

I went to my bank and did not attack the people there
They are taking interest.

Am I still Christian?
Christ attacked the Jews taking Interest

Is every Christian with a bank account not Christian?

It's not faith
We know that our models are partially wrong and there Is much we don't understand but we can make fitting assumptions using these models and a bit of math so we use them
When the constants would be too wrong and our models too shitty this wouldn't work, but it does

Christ chased them out for selling in the temple. If you came to my house and set up shop I'd chase you out too. It's not yours to do what you want with.

Then why did the Dark Ages occur?

Christ-cucks btfo

Because they piss you off.

That sounds like religion
>If our faith were wrong, then the world wouldn't be like it is, but it is, so our faith is wrong

Same shit
Wouldn't your constants be the same in an ex post facto scenario?
Or even if they were "right", how would you know if you didn't derive them yourself?

Science is just as much faith derived as religion
Especially biology
Darwin and other sources talk about transitionary fossils
But have you seen them?
In the rock?
Not with casts?
No one has
That's FAITH that they do exist

You don't read

Sorry, I'm quite drunk
Where did I go wrong?

If someone is using faith in science, they are doing science wrong. Science isn't a body of thought, user.

Please understand that. Models are broken down, rigorously "attacked", and often are subject to attempts at reproducing outcomes that agree with the model, most of which are expected if not intended to fail or produce a whole other result/s. When no one is doing this, it is bad science. It isn't even really science, then.

Our models are simplifications, not the world
If our models where too far off then the results we get when using them wouldn't met the expectations In the real world, but they do

Science is rigorously faithful
You say that every model is attacked
But that's not true
It can't be true
How can progress happen if every person derives 1+1?
They can't
There has to be a leap of faith
More faith based on more advancement
You can't push the boundaries of science if every person has to start from zero and prove everything
Simply can't
You need FAITH that what happened before you was true

There is a difference between using scientific method and the religion of science. Unless you have done the tests and seen the results for yourself you are going by faith. Most of you have never seen most of the things you believe such as the atom, solar winds or the curve of the earth. You see pictures, hear explanations and accept them as truth. I could show you a picture of bigfoot and give you an explanation, but how do you know what you are seeing is the truth? Until you have seen or touched it yourself, it's faith. Simple as that.

When was the last time you defined Pi?
When was the last time you proved that the quadratic formula actually solved the proper equation?
When did you solve for e?
When did you solve for the electron volt?
Or the mol?

FAITH NIGGER

It's only an intellectual masturbation to say that these things are "models" when you use them every day as FACT

Had we not had the dark ages occur, we may as well be a thousand years in the future from now.

Also, when has religion ever brought people together? It has killed more people and caused more wars than anything else on the world combined.

>How can progress happen if every person derives 1+1
Every person does derive 1+1, don't they? What is 1+1?

You can actively take two fingers, for example, to represent a sort of abstract value of 1. Then, you put both of them together, and you do this interesting thing with your mind, all this abstraction and logic, and as you do the thing called "counting", you find: there are now
>"2"
1's. Both of them, according to the base 10 system that was created/established. Now you have a collective total of 2. What leap of faith was really there, besides language and the understanding of things like numbers, period? That there were in fact, two lone fingers?

>You can't push the boundaries of science if every person has to start from zero and prove everything
So perhaps, when you have to make the assumption that your fingers are real, and that they are in fact called fingers, and put some sort of credence in this, when people across many times seem to demonstrate the same apparent phenomenon over, and over, and over, and over, you take the individual phenomenons and piece them together such that, when you manage to yourself make them all happen, at least once, you see that it is essentially what all those countless people have reported.

For some reason, you go to the ground. If you jump, you come back down. Things fall. So, someone once purported these things called forces. Okay. Starting from zero is trying to jump. It takes all of a few seconds to do this. You come back down after jumping. You throw something in the air as hard as you can. It comes back down. You use a simple machine to fling something. It comes back down. Meteors fall from the sky to the ground. You make propelled projectiles fly through the sky. They eventually come down. But in doing so, you see what happens when you have a force go against a force; therein established, is a force making things go down, and something that makes things go against the "down", to go "up".

I don't have to have faith to prove that this thing some people call "gravity" seems to be real and common. Even if I now still believe that I won't fly away the next time I jump- I can just jump again. And again. And again. And I can report my findings to someone in another room who never saw me jump. And they can jump. We can both jump together.

You know for a fact that everyone could start from zero, but that it is just not cost effective, because like you said, you would never push the boundaries of science, because man doesn't live that long. So of course, once enough people try to prove the first handfuls of people reporting some sort of phenomenon or "model" wrong, and instead constantly observe what the proponents claimed all the while, they make it explicitly clear that, despite all of their attempts, they could not prove the model or the phenomenon to be anything else as they could understand it, and so, you should take their words for it. Not that you have to, but that you wouldn't be wrong to do so.

Defining pi is not that hard
It can be done with a ruler and a string
I did it 4 years ago in school
I suppose you mean Pythagoras?
We have a 3d construct of quadratic boxes that are allinged on a triangle and filled with water
You can turn it and wonder oh wonder - it is right
We did the whole proof for e In mathematics 2
We did the Elektron volt in a praktika using the diversion of a electron stream caused by a magnetic field in a tube
Mol is just an arbitrary number