If you can't afford to tip, don't go out to eat

>If you can't afford to tip, don't go out to eat

How do you respond to this sentiment Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

heatst.com/culture-wars/oxford-sjw-on-wronged-waitress-frankly-her-feelings-are-irrelevant/
youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ&list=FL6xDnDlOPlw2F9-uZzz5zAg&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=1tgS1n7DQbY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fine, I won't go out to eat.

this

i'll just go to a place that doesn't require tipping.

It's a meme created by poorfags in the service industry who would rather get high every night than get a real job. Fuck them.

When you beg for charity, you'll take what I give you.

If you're too stupid to get a real job, don't complain about being poor.

>If you can't afford your meal, don't go out to eat*

Have fun running out of money because no one goes to eat and shuts down your shop, because no one can pay your tip expecting ass

I miss the wholesome niggers o the 70s

By telling them to fuck off and telling them I'm not responsible for subsidizing their bosses Jewish practices
And that "I only make x an hour" isn't an argument as federal law requires employers to compensate all employees to federal minimum wage.

Does every US-American region has this weird tip culture?

I tip for good service & good food, if the service or food is shitty I don't tip. Simple as it is.

I pay for the food as priced on the menu. I have no requirement to tip. Fuck you.

Agree

>can't bear not getting paid 1 million annually- go to college

do americans tip at fast food joints?

>tipping
wtf is this shit

When I went to the US, a man actually chased me down the street after I paid and said "Sir, you forgot to tip". I had just turned 18 at the time and in Europe - at least in the UK, we only tip if the service has been amazing, since the tip money goes directly to that server.

If your boss can't afford to pay you a decent wage, don't work for him

Has eating out any advantages over eating at home that justify paying 10 times more?

Before evil rap music ruined them all they wanted to do was boogey to the funky disco music.

I gave a bartender $10 once because I thought I would be a regular at the bar and I ended up never going there again.
Wish I could get that 10 back tho

One bartender started telling me exactly how long it's been since I'd been there last to shame me into coming more often.

I don't go there anymore.

You forget that tip refusal is a powerful tool for dismantling white priviledge, and that, frankly, the waitresses' feelings are irrelevant.

heatst.com/culture-wars/oxford-sjw-on-wronged-waitress-frankly-her-feelings-are-irrelevant/

Fuck off, if you provide a good service I might give you a tip. Otherwise you can go suck a fat greasy dick.

*tips fedora*

If you want to make good money. Don't volunteer for a shitty job.

completely fair
if you're the bad off there are better food stuffs to buy

no, only dine-in restaurants and when someone delivers food to you

I've tried this before, they just expect $10 every time though.

If you like the bar and become a regular, just give a small, consistent tip. Eventually bartenders will buy you free drinks.

Wow, can you not be so classist???

sorry for being so retarded but is that picture a colorized black and white photo or a drawing?

Yes, the cancer has pretty well spread nationwide.

"Until the early 20th century, Americans viewed tipping as inconsistent with the values of an egalitarian, democratic society.[80] Also, proprietors regarded tips as equivalent to bribing an employee to do something that was otherwise forbidden, such as tipping a waiter to get an extra large portion of food.[80] The introduction of Prohibition in 1919 had an enormous impact on hotels and restaurants, who lost the revenue of selling alcoholic beverages. The resulting financial pressure caused proprietors to welcome tips, as a way of supplementing employee wages.[81]"

In spite of the trend toward tipping as obligatory behavior, six states, mainly in the South, passed laws that made tipping illegal. Enforcement of anti-tipping laws was problematic.[80] The earliest of these laws was passed in 1909 (Washington), and the last of these laws was repealed in 1926 (Mississippi).[80]
(wikipedia/gratuity)

>nigger clinging to his tip

hahhahahahhahahaha

>Tipping a bartender

Yeah thanks for opening my beer for me, guy with a ponytail.

Why should I tip someone doing their job? No one tips me when I do my job.

I don't tip black waiters.

how about you pay your waiters you stupid fucking burgers poisoning the rest of the world with your wageslave culture

Here's a tip: Thank the chef for doing 95% of the work whilst you reap the benefits.

kek

Isn't tipping meant to be for good service? Or is it an unwritten rule that everyone must tip a certain % now regardless of service?

I think it's pretty ridiculous.
As a waiter, I think anybody who thinks that they deserve a tip is an overentitled shit.
I am curious to see, however, if service worsens if we were in a no-tipping industry.

As for real job, it makes me roughly $70 for a three hour lunch shift, and I am using the money for college, so I think this job is real enough for me.

Only niggers and Jews don't tip. Even wetbacks fresh over the border tip

No. If you get really bad service you don't tip. Or just leave a penny to send a message

>over 40 replies and this hasn't been posted yet

Great argument, literally high school peer pressure tier.

If you can't afford not to get a tip, find a better paying job.

In murica they expect us to tip at or above 20% of the total check which is fucking bullshit.
I went to a chinese restaraunt last week and signed the check and the waitress demanded that we all give her a tip. My friend put 1 dollar and she got pissed as fuck even though it's a god damn buffet and she didn't even bring us a second drink.

What if I can afford to tip but don't want to give anymore more money than what the meal costs?

Peer pressure is good. Tip or don't go out you cheap ass Jew

yes, I want fries with that

If you can't afford to pay your employees, don't start a restaurant.

I was about to disagree with you but then I saw the QUADS.

youre so full of shit.

20% on bill before tax is considered a God tier tip. if its a place that you frequent you can bet your ass the person will take care of you whenever you go in

If you need the tip to stay afloat include it in the price

>If you cant afford to pay extra for nothing dont come and support this business

If you can't afford to go without a tip sometimes don't get a job that forces you to rely on the charity of others

This.

the waiter is not my employee and his service should be good by default.

It is a good argument. Since you're so obviously hurt I'm guessing you're a kike. Word of advice, you can't take your shekels when you die, moron.

youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ&list=FL6xDnDlOPlw2F9-uZzz5zAg&index=8

I don't go out anyways

>tipping regardless of the quality of service

I don't understand

>guy remembers me
>brings up how long it's been since he's seen me last

>it must be a ploy to get me to spend more money
>no one could ever enjoy speaking with me

>exit stage reee

I tip with a rip ';^)

if the meal is good they deserve a hearty flatulation

was in NY a few years back with my family and we went to a japanese restaurant, 5 of us, about 50$ of food per person, 250$bill, we had a nice time so we gave 20$tip, the waitress called her boss and they demanded 20% tip, fuckin jumping around demanding money that wasnt on the bill, wtf is it with this tip culture, they said she is badly paid, her own boss said, i dont pay her enough for her to make a living so she has to rely on tips, we left without giving any more but it was a shitty experience

Made up story. You tip after you've paid the bill and before you walk out of the door. There is no time for the waiter to know what you gave him before you leave

I don't tip because it should be your employer's responsibility to pay you a living wage.

If everyone stopped tipping at once your boss would be forced to pay you. I refuse to contribute to a corrupt system that encourages near-slave labor wages.

You can thank me in the parking lot during your smoke break, if you know what I mean...

If restaurants pay their employees under minimum wage, they deserve to go out of business

You might throw your money down and run back to the safety of your mother's basement as quickly as possible, but after a nice meal sometimes people with actual friends like to sit and digest a while.

I regularly have plate-carriers come back and pick up the little receipt booklet with signed slip while we're still drinking our coffee and chatting.

In Israel its accustomed to tip 12%, we all pay it gladly because service is usually awesome and food isn't that expensive but if service is shit we'll still leave 5%-7% regardless so there is room for improvement.

You are a faggot. Fuck you.

actually we paid and she brought a "goodbye sake or whatever" and in classy restaurants you dont necessary leave instantly after having paid, also we paid and gave a 20 to the waitress saying this was her tip, i dont see what's made up about this,
you're so close minded that you cant imagine anyone functioning in any way different than your own little experience ?

You're describing places I still frequent. It's a completely different tone.

No, but they pay you when you do your job. You don't do your job and then NOT get paid, like what happens when you don't tip. You bitch ass bitch.

>tipping is required
>ever

That's bullshit, however I'm usually nice enough to round up the amount I have to pay.

If I go out to eat and the receipt mentions tipping, or the server does, OR if the service just isn't good enough, I make sure to make a mess on the table before I leave.

I don't see what the big deal is. Just throw three bucks on the table and leave. Three bucks is nothing.

Tipping is only bad if you buy into the "pay 15-20% of the check" meme. Fuck that, you are getting $5 max. If the other people at the table want to chip in that is on them.

if you dont do an extremely good job and i wont be coming here often, then i wont give you extra money you dont deserve

Never tipped.
Never will.

By going out to eat I pay your salary and legitimize your position as a waitress.

If I didn't go out to eat you wouldn't have a job. The tip is just an extra.

Their employer should pay them not the customer.

I tipped a waitress once
Just the tip, just for a second

youtube.com/watch?v=1tgS1n7DQbY

I'm in to guys because I don't tip? Erm... no? Non sequitor. Loser.

>Their employer should pay them not the customer.
And where does the employer get his money?

It looks colorized

I think imperial system, baby mutilations, and toxic tap water messes up amerincans heads for good. Literally nowhere in the world tipping something you MUST do. Tipping is acceptable sign of gratitude for great service or just because you don't want to fill your pockets with small money and pennies so you tip to some amount. Also what makes serving dishes such art that it deserves tipping? Every idiot can do it. You don't tip your doctor, even tho he you know keep you healthy and alive and have been learning 10 years how to do his job. Nope you tip some retard that only skill is to drive car or serve dishes.

Tipping is there to make the waiters / delivery people feel less like slaves or servants .

Though, I don't think they should expect / demand a tip

/ck/ detected

Muh nigga

I tip only when I get great service. If I don't fucking them

This

"Shut up, nigger"

Tipping is choice.

It was around the time when they were finally started to act like human beings after breeding out their previous culture.
They were becoming Americans.

Now they've become niggers.

Crazy stuff. Asian restaurants and really nice restaurants tend to have their own way of doing things. $20 on a $250 bill is a bit on the low side. $30 and they might not complain, but $40+ is a lot more standard.

In your average mediocre restaurant, the money goes directly to the waiter. At nicer places that amount of money becomes pretty huge, so it's usually split. Tips are divided between the waiter, cook, busboy, etc. They still shouldn't chase you down over it, but yeah.

The biggest problem with tipping is that people do it. It's one thing to say that owners need to pay staff regular wages, but even when they do people still tip. Here in Washington State waiters make $11 an hour plus tips. If your clientele won't stop adding extra money to the bill, then why not rely on it?

>Jew detected

I never understood why a customer is expected to pay for the food they're eating, as well as paying to receive the fucking food they're already paying for.

If we got to opt out of tipping if we just had to grab the plates from the kitchen ourselves, waiters would become extinct.

>not wanting other people to take your money is being a Jew

OK Mr pink

>wanting waiters to go extinct
poorfag detected

Earn some real fucking money so you can enjoy being served without worrying about the extra $5 it costs you cuck.

10%