Why does every girl I get to know has shit taste in music...

Why does every girl I get to know has shit taste in music? I know there are very few number of girls with good taste but I never bump into them in real life. I'm a college student if that helps with your answer.

Girls are just worse at art.Look at history. Who were the best artists? Musicians? Authors? Mostly men.

Find another hobby to share and don't be some weird virgin that can't get a gf because she doesn't listen to Sup Forumscore.

>implying you have good taste
good one user

go ahead faggot list off your fav musicians and albums

we'll wait. mfw it's gonna be dogshit

Grimes, Death Grips, King Gizzard, the list goes on...

shit
ok
shit

wow big surprise

lol
well, there's a pretty good reason for that, ffs.
to make an even-close-to-fair comparison you'd have to compare men and women in the USA, Canada...maybe the Nordic countries? since the mid-1980's or so.
Women artists got the shit-end of the stick in until at least the mid-80's even in the USA & Canada, and everyhere else if behind those two, except maybe Swe/Nor/Fin, but I don't know much about those places.
And there are quite a few great female artists in the last 30-odd years.

no it's because women are submissive by nature

What female artists have really cemented themselves as pop culture and artistic legends in the last 30 years versus all the men who have?

Also this

Most people in general have no real taste in music (or anything at all, really) because they don't care. Go hang out around your college radio station, record stores, or local concerts if you want to find chicks who are more into music (and, obviously, if you want a girl who likes film, go to a local arthouse theater, if you want someone who's into paintings go museums, etc.)

that's true but women see colors brighter than men and can engage art in a way men cant

Women pretty much only like the music of the type of dude they want to fuck.

Some women have an elder male family figure or ex boyfriend that red pilled them on music from a young age.

Ironically I developed my appreciation of music due to my mum.

i guess thats good for aesthetics, but it just seems like women have less range of emotions then men in general. you won't see a woman creating a wonderful twisted, dark, depressive piece of art often, if ever. woman are wanted by men, but not all men are wanted by anyone. there doesn't seem to be a connection to woman, especially modern, and the feelings of true loneliness from society. you also just don't get the viewpoint of someone who is the "leader of the pack", or the view of pure testosterone rage. the reason why men are typically more successful in art and invention is the fact that they are the ones that have to impress while the women select.

You have to realize that there is no "shit taste in music"

There is simply music you personally do not like, and music other people like.

It is like saying all country and rap are terrible, and the only good music is heavy metal and death metal.

Like every 16 year old thinks.

The reason you think on these terms is because you are immature and stupid.

the reason you space like that is because you're from reddit

It's double spacing. A habit you learn from college because it makes grading papers easier.

Women are incapable of complex abstract thought.

no it's just shitty reddit spacing which doesn't help enhance the comment in any way. it's actually harder to understand. there shouldn't be a break bewteen any of those lines.

This

>reddit spacing

I literally just told you why I do it, and likely why other people do it too.

i'm telling you it's because you're from reddit

You are from a horses anus. You are just a giant horse poop log that suddenly walked up and became sentient. Walked over to someones computer.

Then you just type, that is what you do. You probably just typed random shit with your poop limbs. Randomly came into this thread with your horse shit methods and started replying to this thread.

Stop changing the subject faggot

probably

filthy postmodernist

GET OUT OF MY SECRET CLUB REDDIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I had a pretty basic music taste in high school but when I went to college I met a girl who showed me some of my now favorite bands and took me to a bunch of local venues, was great. Never met anyone like her since unfortunately. They're out there I suppose

>I know there are very few number of girls with good taste

It's all for show.

Women just don't care about art. Even if you find some girls that "really love film" or "really love music" that's like 20% of the passion a man could have. It's pretty disgusting yeah, but women just live to be loved.

That's why every major poetry critic acknowledges that Emily Dickinson is either the most important American poet ever or tied for the spot with Walt Whitman.

>best
>american
>poet

>best
>turkmen
>rnb producer

women are incapable to understand art, they see it as social status thing.

Do you know a single female artist of last 30 years that made art not for money or some sort of social status political bullshit but for the sake of art? Well there is simply none so don't even bother to look for answers.

chelsea wolfe

my grandma made paintings of us.

what do you expect from a bunch of ditzy bimbos

Because they only listen to music that will enable greater social benefits. When a girl says that she likes X music or Y singer, what she really means is that she likes the social benefits of "liking" such music.

I'm really glad you made this post I was afraid no one was going to.

I don't know, or care, about "pop culture" but I do know the art world, so here are some legendary women artists for you:

Jenny Holzer
Cindy Sherman
Louise Bourgeois
Tracey Emin
Marina Abramović
Elizabeth Murray
Nancy Spero
Jana Sterbak
Lee Krasner
Kiki Smith
Joan Mitchell
Agnes Martin
Vanessa Beecroft
Barbara Kruger
Yayoi Kusama
Genieve Figgis
Nan Goldin
Kara Walker
Lisa Yuskavage

most of these are beyond retarded performance artists who do public pissing exhibitions

inaccurate

Meet girls who are musicians. You'll be more likely to find some who actually took the time to dig deeper than the average person.

Will Sup Forums ever not be painfully sexist? There are lots of cool women. You just have to actually talk to them. Men are just as ignorant towards art and vapid, really, and just because someone doesn't have interest in the same things you do doesn't mean they're a drooling neanderthal.

Hell, I see threads here all the time asking about woman musicians, a lot of people seem to think the only female musicians in the world are the three or four pop stars that are spammed here. I really wish this place wasn't comprised of mostly sexless horny straight teens.

>Will Sup Forums ever not be painfully sexist?

do you have any clue where you are, faggot?

Not a feminist of anything, but this is the right answer.

same I come here for recommendations and memes but wish it was a better place to meet and talk about music with men my age who don't automatically assume all women are braindead lmao

Do female Sup Forumstants exist? If you exist prove it.

because desu you're probably a fag who stays indoors all day and doesn't know very many women

Women are not capable of profound thought or deep feeling. Their thoughts and emotions are fleeting and change from day to day. Thus, what appeals to them is also fleeting. Girls will sit in your car, changing the radio station every 30 seconds because they listen to a song they like, get bored before it ends, and then look for something new.

La donna è mobile
Qual piuma al vento,
muta d'accento
e di pensiero.

Many females who took music seriously were innovators or did something radical otherwise.
>Pauline Oliveros
>Laurie Anderson
>Diamanda Galás
>Lydia Lunch
>Wendy Carlos
>Genesis P Orridge (Throbbing Gristle)
>Nina Simone
>Ella Fitzgerald
>Meredith Monk
>Zeena Parkins
>Nico
>Sarah Vaughan
>Billie Holiday

Spend some time outside of /mu and pitchfork

In my personal experience, some of the women I've met with good taste in music have usually been a bit crazy and/or taken.

Women don't tend towards categorization as much as men so they're less likely to think of things like music and art in critical terms like "this is good art" and "this is bad art", and more likely to go with whatever they like rather than what they think is good by some objective metric.

Also why women don't create as much worthwhile art, despite being more creative generally, is another aspect of temperament. Men tend to see the world in "objective" terms, which doesn't mean what you think it means if you're rolling your eyes right now. It just means we tend to look at the world primarily in terms of tools. Women are tilted more towards a "subjective" or social worldview, which doesn't mean that they only care about "muh feels", but just that they see the world primarily in terms of social relations.

To lock yourself in a room long enough to become good at something artistically, you have to neglect the social and subjective side of life and become autistically focused on becoming proficient in the use of certain tools, be they musical, literary, or whatever.

This isn't to say that all men are like this and all women are like that, because patently this isn't the case. There are lots of female exceptions, like Grimes and Bjork, but they are exceptions and that's the primary appeal of their work. This doesn't devalue their work to admit, in fact it increases their value as artists noting that they're unusual within their group.

And it's also not to say that one way of being is better than the other. Women who completely exist socially are your stereotypical cheer-leading blondes who don't have anything interesting to say and men who completely exist in this objective, tool-based mode of being are literally trainspotting model-plane-buying autists. A healthy person is a mixture of masculine and feminine traits

My two cents :)

Name some bands that she showed you user.

you're fat

Fuck, I've been found out.

i know you mean well, and that's fine..but you have no right to be commenting on anything relating to social topics and society. hope it was worth it wasting your time behind a computer screen.

fuck off, roastie

>Why does every girl I get to know has shit taste in music?
Because you are a pretentious asshole.

fat people are ugly

see another thread de-railed by him
why won't the fucking mods ban him?

Stop talking about things you know nothing about.

more to the point, why don't they find him and murder him?

>you won't see a woman creating a wonderful twisted, dark, depressive piece of art often,
but they can have children, user. that is wonderful twisted dark and depressive. also not all men are leaders of the pack. and loneliness isnt attributed to great art

just because he's annoying on a website doesn't mean he deserves something like that
what is wrong with you?

>
see the shit you do? drop your trip or fuck off

LOL

OP you're a deplorably misogynyst fadora wearing shitbag probably and girls don't have bad taste as a rule, Jesus fucking Christ. You're just an entitled fucking whiner and refuse to open yourself up to anything that doesn't meet your "world class music standards." Have a nice day, hope you die alone

it's not about being 'annoying on a website' it's about pest control

>Genesis P Orridge

edgy

Talking music with a women is worse than talking to a wall, because at least wall has echo.

What? I didn't misspell her name.

this

Filthy user speaking the filthy truth.

Maybe one of the reasons you don't see more female Sup Forumstants around here is because you think "women are incapable of abstract thought" is a serious argument. Anyway, talk to female musicians, girls who work in record stores, girls at shows, etc. Actually talk to us. I admit it seems way harder to find other girls to talk music with than guys, but we certainly exist.

This is for all of you:

Zeena Parkins is so underrated. Saw her perform an improv set in Knoxville with Tony Buck, the drummer from the Necks. Crazy shit.

Fuck off you bigot, let the tripfriends have fun.

I'm way to insecure about myself and my body to do something like that.
:(

cut off your stomach, lardass
should solve it

lol that's a stupid reason

Their*, user. They use the plural second person pronoun. Bigot.

His weight is an issue, but he has a lot of other shit he needs to do.

She's reasonable enough not to even consider that nonsense.

>leaves the trip on
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>Honor
>On Sup Forums of all places
Oh, boy.

I dont know why, but i see this alot with woman.
Most of the stuff they like is copied from someone either some crush they had, a boyfriend or someone from their family, or just from a circle of friends.
Either way i think its normal for people to sometimes do things like this, i have to carried some likes from my father aswell.
To be honest the best way to know women with a similar taste is to go to concerts of artists you like and try to get to know people, while enjoying the concert.

Eh, how cares about all of that? If it's not about "muh dick" appeal, no female artists get discussed here.

Yeah, but still true.
Another one's probably differences in socialization-- it's just not seen as desirable to devote a fuckton of time to some weird pursuit like getting into prog or practicing guitar. There just aren't that many other girls you can talk with about it, and there are even fewer female role models making it look cool (esp. with dadrock, which is a classic jumping off point for getting into music). There's a lot of teasing from girls, gatekeeping from guys, and eventually that shit crushes a lot of fragile egos-- even if you're into it, you learn not to talk about it. I remember being dumbstruck when I got to college and met people who didn't think I was uncool for liking Beefheart.

literally whose? also am i supposed to be impressed by this portrait?

All of my friends have been musicians since middle school so I can't relate sorry OP

>it's just not seen as desirable to devote a fuckton of time to some weird pursuit like getting into prog or practicing guitar.
now I know this is a falseflag, shame on me for thinking otherwise

Ok

what?!? she likes yes???

>taking the bait.png

typical whore posting an unsolicited picture of herself with daddy's toys

ITT

Most of those are nowhere near as talented as the men they associate with or are just jazz singers that don't even play instruments.

>thinks user can't possibly like prog, play guitar, have vagina
>user counters with proof
>"this whore w/unsolicited whore pics booboobeeboo"