Media that deserves an adaptation

Media that deserves an adaptation

is this like game of thrones user?

in the first 100 pages, the MC rapes two innocent peasant girls in front of their dying father and then burns them alive

and he's the hero

Wow realism.

wow so edgy xd

He also kills his uncle, half brother and facilitates the rape his aunt.

He sets off a nuke in a densely populated human stronghold, too, for which his father daggers him in his necromancer heart.

Is this in King of Thorns?

>You will never be forced to go along through the night with a psychotic centuries old vampire as he kills his friends and enemies, leaving you with a cryptic goodbye/see you soon.

It will never happen because American wouldn't know who to 'root' for

First book.

In the second book, he begins his new story by marrying a perky 12 year old girl.

Yes

a real adaptation please

But he doesn't harm children.

This shit isn't supposed to be "normal" in the setting world right? Please tell me that he's an outlier like Ivan the Terrible, Elizabeth Báthory, and Gilles de Rais.

I swear to god if one motherfucker posts Blood Meridian...

It's a pretty terrible post apocalyptic world but he's far and above one of the worst 'humans' in the story.

40k series when?

it's normal. It's chaotic world.

I'll let you judge: in one instance, he kills a woman, cuts her heart out and takes a bite out of it in front of his band of bandit thugs, one of which still follows him even though MC killed his brother.

Literally impossible to adapt. The MC alone is a rapacious murderer and the world would need a lot of cgi too.

>asshole mc murders a 1000 year old artificial intelligence unit

Does it really deserve being watered down? Is their a filmmaker who could pull it off? I mean, maybe Stanley Kubrick could have.

This would make bank. Though her boyfriend might be problematic to include in a older children's story.

I hate you. You never even read it. You're just repeating a meme. Fuck off and die.

Well, "deserves" is a loaded term but White Wolf wants a World of Darkness shot on Netflix by 2020 so there's that. Take your pick which game line you'd like to see adapted, but it'll probably be Vampire.

>uppercutting someone so hard their head explodes

I'm actually surprised how overlooked Powder Mage is.

Shut up. They'd probably adapt Horus Heresy or something.

>kill your parents
>help/throw school kids you don't like to their doom
>get free and clear
>get gf
>get career

I want this little murderer's life. I could see this on lifetime.

Warrior Wolf Women of the Wasteland for hilarity, especially because you KNOW you have a masterpiece on your hands when this is literally author writes in the foreword:

>Twelve seconds after completing Warrior Wolf Women of the Wasteland I said to myself, “Did I just write a fucking Furry book?”

hmm

>that book blurb

married with zombies

The trick is making the actual bad guys even worse. Which is exactly what Mark lawrence did.

night of the living trekkies

>thread full of bargain bin genre "literature"
>and Blood Meridian

every fucking time

Chronicles of the Black Company

how edgy can you get

edgier

The MC grows on you. At first I thought the author was just trying to create the edgiest character ever as well.

Anything written by Hakaba.

what is?

No he kills a Necromancer, and it didn't end up killing her. The guys brother he killed abuses him and the MC and would have killed the MC had he not. Stop

A proper adaption.

Not the absolute crap Syfy produced.

The things they carried
True history of the Kelly Gang

This really was too edgy for me

Verhoven wanted to do it, but there's been no news about it for years.

this look interesting. DD anywhere?

The holy fucking grail

itt bad young adult novels, excluding blood meridian ofc (which can be filmed actually)

Please, no. Not another Hackson pulpy shitfest.

Perfect science fiction flick kino.

Netflix is adapting.

Something literally impossible to adapt.

Red.dit

Wait, what? Fuck, not sure how I feel about this.

How about this, then?

Gentlemen Bastards can work if you get some actors with humor and charisma.

I have read it, stupid cuck

>cant find the first book anywhere online

I meant the third

>muh vampires in space
>muh aliens who want to kill us all but don't do it for strange unknowable reasons

Have you actually read it or did you just check tvtropes?

Would be sweet!

>HBO
>7 or 6 episodes mini series
>Directing: Mel Gibson
>Cinematography: Roger Deakins
>The Kid
>Not necessarily big names actors
Literally perfect adaptation

Kill yourself Sup Forumsermin.
Could you pick more vanilla choises

Deakins is also a terrible front used by bad directors btw (Villenu)

I'd want it just for the weekly pre-show hype threads.

Kill yourself

>Says the guy unironically suggestin Deakins
my gigasides go play your video games and reading got

Ender's Game deserves a Netflix show or some similar limited format.

Pros
> Serious shows starring kids is in now.
> Sci-Fi is in.
> Long enough to fix pacing mistakes from the movie
> No Harrison Ford / Viola Davis

Would like to see Shadow series more tbqh fäm.

I could live with that. I don't think they could ever get Ender *right*, at least not as a protagonist. Seeing him from the outside might be the best way to go about it.

Speaker series could work for me too. I just want more of this universe.

Speaker would work as well, although I became a bit annoyed with Ender by Xenocide. Ended up liking Peter and Bean a lot more in the other series.

Can't wait for the next book(s) to come out and see how their stories will overlap again.

The only good way to do it would be a anthology format focusing on the IG at first, then slowly scale up the battles and introduce the astartes, mechanicus, sororitas etc.

Or a dark humored series about orkz yelling "'Ere we go!"

>no miniseries adapting Borges' stories
Which direction is death and oblivion?

Don't do it jimmy!

After that shit show with the killing joke. They can redeem themselves with this.

obviously

>The Avengers meets The Walking Dead with a large order of EPIC served on the side
Sounds like a book written by reddit.

King of Thorns more like King of Edge

>tfw Tommy Lee Jones' five hour screenplay adaptation was too close to the book and too brutal to get funding
>tfw James Franco wants to create an abortion of the movie

Just ignore what that says and just give it a short read.

so like GoT then?

>Unironically hating on Deakins
He's a meme but for a good reason

Looks and sounds horrible.

Not the direct story, obviously. But it has a universe ripe with potentially good stories

I usually post this in "HBO has greenlit your show threads, but I've always had an idea for a The Wire-esque show called "Mass Effect: Citadel"

Each season would focus on a different character(s) that live and work on the Citadel

>one season about a C-Sec officer
>one about a young rising ambassador
>one about red sand dealers/smugglers
>one about duct rats
etc.

there would be some crossovers/cameos, but nothing that would get in the way of the season's story. Absolutely no mention/showing of Shepard

Also
>a movie about the First Contact War

I'd watch a series that was about the first human biotic experiments.