the piano keys in "we are the music makers"

it is intelligent

everything

>Ahead of its time
>Incredibly catchy
>Perfect album to do deskwork to
>Great introduction to a fantastic artist

What's not good about this album?

Idk, the beats bore the hell out of me. I much prefer volume 2.

the sounds

Very fresh-sounding, catchy electronic music that hasn't aged perfectly but still sounds good today.

Also Ptolemy

this.

Saw them live around 2000 sometime.
I had taken two tabs of acid about twenty minutes previously. The first song dropped along side a cascade of green lasers that illuminated the arena in a spectral strobe-light effect.
i received a tap on my shoulder. Tearing my gaze from the magnetic appeal of the beams of light I turned to my friend. He leaned in close and whispered in my ear, "The matrix has got you!" I snapped back to the orgasmic display of light and sound and realised my life would never be the same again.

I thank you for your time.

Maybe, now stay with me here, maybe you should listen to it. You know, for yourself.

There are definitely better introductions than something that barely resembles his later work.

This was the first aphex twin album I listened to and I was not interested in it at all, and ignored Aphex Twin for a couple years, probably. as a result. Then I listened to some more of his more engaging stuff and really appreciated his music.

I'm with OP here. There are a lot of albums you can listen to and not understand the appeal of.
Wanting to know why other people like stuff is perfectly fine.

Schottkey 7th Path

I'd say you have to listen to this album AND The RDJ album if you want to get a true first impression of him as an artist, at least from his earlier work. His studio albums do take an entirely different direction after SAW II though, but he still has a lot of SoundCloud shit and hidden projects that still sound like that.

>>Perfect album to do deskwork to

Try it faggot

Last semester I ran out of adderall during finals so I just listened to this album and some of his soundcloud shit instead, had the best 3 hour study session of my life

I guess. Maybe he just doesn't dig the minimalist atmosphere or something along those lines

It sounds nice

different user but i absolutely cannot focus with any aphex outside SAW 2 on. way too much going on sonically to ignore it.

This and Hedphelym.