I'm a 2nd year physician assistant student starting my first clinical rotation in 3 weeks

I'm a 2nd year physician assistant student starting my first clinical rotation in 3 weeks.

AMA

What rotation?

Nice get

Emergency medicine.

Ever get funky in the cadaver labs?

running between the doctor and the patient isn't a job

you're an overqualified gopher that turns emergency medicine into a fucked up game of banana phone.

fuck you. if that wasn't clear

No. The smell of formaldehyde or whatever they use makes me sick and kills my boner. Besides, they're usually obese old people. I prefer skinnier old people. But honestly, we didn't work too much on whole cadavers. Those were left for the MDs and PTs. We usually played with the bits that were left over.

That's fine. I will still get 6 figures. Some people do more and get less. Doesn't bother me whatsoever.

yep. fuck ya. I always ask to see the doctor you are a waste of floor space.

What's your debt looking like?

One less patient for me to worry about.

Currently I'm 40k in debt. Estimated to be about 60k after all is said and done.

Fuckin checked

are you smart? how do you study? tips brah

Why so late?
What's your favorite speciality?

when do you plan on taking it?

I'm above average compared to my classmates, but some people in my class are fucking wizards, man. There are some things I'm really good at and other things that I am not. IDK about "smart," but I get by.

Honestly, PA school is a TON of cramming at the last minute. Just this week, we have had 4 tests back to back. At first it wasn't so bad. You have a week per test and you study for a few hours each day. Sometimes you don't need to study. The last few semesters, though, have been a nightmare. In fact, my last test is tomorrow and I haven't even started. I have a pretty good grade in it, so I'm not concerned, but still. You get use to a LOT of last minute cramming.

My tip? Make time for yourself. Are you getting a headache from reading? Play video games or browse Sup Forums. It's what I'm doing now.

I have chunky cum that I suspect is the result of traces being left behind during ejaculation and congealing.

What do?

Ok faggot prove it you are a med fag

A 50 year old bloated man comes cyanosed with dyspnea
On auscultation you hear trickling sounds

Diagnosis?
How do you manage?

>Why so late?
My program is 15 months didactic and 12 months rotations. So we start a little later than some other programs.
>Whats your favorite specialty?
ER, for sure. I'm trying to keep my mind open, but I have experience in the ER. I thrive there. I do very well in the ER scenarios. I'm one of the people that people come to to ask questions about ER stuff. Granted, I know very little about medicine. I'm always humbled every single day. I try my best and I do well, but goddamn, man. Medicine is insane.

Taking what?

>What do?
Unlikely... usually you'll piss that out. What do? Not sure. Are you sexually active? Unprotected sex? Is this new to you? Doesn't really matter, because at the end of the day I'm going to tell you, "If you don't like it, go see a doctor."

>getting a headache? blast your eyes with harmful spectrum UV rays, that's what I do.

Auscultation where? I'm assuming you mean abdomen?

Usually that's a bowel obstruction. I'd get an xray abd and pelvis AP (and lateral, fuck it why not). Depending on how bad it is, start with fiber intake and all of that stuff. Otherwise, go in there with an enema. From there, I dunno my guy. I think you do some gastric lavage?

But, again, depends on what you mean by "auscultation"

if asked by someone who ate all 9 cans of ravioli. How many cans of ravioli would you admit to eating?

>Taking what?
you know wtf i'm talking about

Should the American league dump the DH or the nl adopt it?

Probably one. People would think I'm badass enough if I ate a whole tin can. 9 would just be bragging and quite unbelievable.

He is cyanosed and dyspneic
Why would you auscultate abdomen?

Let me be clear, you hear b/l fine basal crepts

You mean the PANCE?

I have no clue, dude. I'll find out near graduation.

I dunno, man.

>Unlikely
What else could cause it? That's my conclusion because I have a memory from my early teens of uncomfortable ejaculations for like a week until out came a 1/2 in noodle. Noticed nothing during urination. Clinical or not I don't want to ask this in person. Or I could be fucking with you.

If you suspect obstruction, the very first thing you do is to decompress it with NG tube.

True nobody wants to admit they eat 9 cans of ravioli

how many hours a day? do you have much time for anything else? work? hobbies? im trying to get better marks, course isnt a hard as yours(nursing), ive been getting by by doing the bare minimum (assignments last minute, not looking at readings or doing tutorial work, study days before exam)

The wording "trickling" is quite pathognomonic for a bowel obstruction.

Chances are it is left sided heart failure then. Get an echo, chest xray, ekg, get cardiac enzymes to be sure, BNP, get the usual CBC, CMP, lipids. Put the guy on o2 NRB 8L/min if he's having some resp distress.

Meds, put him on a CCB, carvedilol.

What about diuretics

Why Beta blocker?

I'm looking at his feet and ankles and thinking chf. Put on elliquis, torsemide and about 5 other drugs. EKG may reflect again. If so, cardioversion in order. Comes back, oblation. If not the answer, pacemaker. Low sodium, low alcohol diet. No smiling. Start walking buddy, even just 50 yds at first.

why even get your kind of access to a hospital if you're not trying to steal good drugs? wtf

Compare PA to nurse practitioner

Are you as good looking as the man in the pic you posted? Asking for a friend.

Does it cause you pain? You never said if you were sexually active.

Ahh thanks. I was thinking about constipation. They always push this "lifestyle changes" shit in school.

>how many hours a day?
Again, depends. Right now, it's a solid 8-10 hours. Some days I don't need to. Other days, just an hour. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

>do you have much time for anything else? work? hobbies?
I do for hobbies, sure. But work? No. School comes first. You might be able to pick up an odd job from here to there to get some cash, but overall? Nah. But hobbies, sure. Play a game or whatever. Go to the gym. I hit the gym about an hour a day every day.

I fucking hate autocorrect. Check for afib. No smoking.

Of course. Duh. Lasix 40mg po or IV depending on the situation. Remind me, does lasix need a loading dose when IV?

Carvedilol has been shown to be protective for hearts in heart failure. That and 2 other beta blockers. TYPICALLY you do not use a beta blocker for heart failure. Of course, I'd need more info about this scenario, but just academically speaking that should be ok.

No.

PAs practice under the medicine model, nurse practitioners practice under the nursing model. What that means? IDK. I didn't care enough to look into it.

Nurse practitioner can practice independently and PAs need to work under physician supervision, typically done through contract.

Nurse practitioners need to be a nurse first and most programs require you to be a nurse for a year or moreso. PAs do not.

>sexually active
This is Sup Forums, mate. Or do you think I've had an untreated STD for years? No and no.

>This is Sup Forums, mate.
I didn't want to make the joke... lol
Try this. Drink a lot more water. Might be dehydrated. When was the last time you saw a doctor? How old are you?

why not medicine? how much harder is it to do medicine? it sounds like PA would probably be the same in terms of studying

I'm finishing B.S.N. considering PA. What's your advice?

I am not OP
Subjects are same but the training is longer for MD

25, physical a couple years ago. I actually drink enough to have to interrupt jacking it to piss, which is annoying because then the "urgency" sensitivity precludes the desired kind.

why not medicine?
300,000+ college costs, 4 years of med school, 3-8 years of residency. It's just too much for me. I want to start a career soon. I want a family when I'm young.
>how much harder is it to do medicine?
Of course, I'd have no idea, but PA school is tough. It's very fast paced and a TON of info being crammed into your face. Medical school? No idea.

Get hands on with patients. Volunteer. Get good grades. Show passion during your interview.

No idea, man. Lol