Was wearing goggles a popular fashion trend for teenagers in the 1990s?

Was wearing goggles a popular fashion trend for teenagers in the 1990s?

People thought snowboarding wasn't for fags back then.

No

nope

Yes, it was. Well, "popular." People did it.

90% of the main characters in 90s animu wore goggles

>tfw Tai and Sora never got together

How do you even think of snowboarding enough to come to the conclusion that it's for fags?

You know what's also faggy? Starting to walk by putting your right foot first.

being "XTREME" was considered cool. Skateboarding and such made you seem edgy

Hivemind.

no

Kenny wasn't popular though. Your picture answers your question.

He was trying to emulate popular people though.

Do you see Mike Dexter or Trip fuckin McNeely wearing goggles? He's wearing what HE thinks is cool, which is why he looks and acts like an idiot.

In japan.

Not a single person I knew wore them.

It was popular with rappers in the late 80s because it was them trying to say "I don't like coke" or drugs in general. You know, because snow goggles. Eventually white kids started wearing them too at raves ironically.

Snowboard fag triggered.

Yes, it was. Don't listen to the 20 year olds. Obviously most normal people didnt wear them, but as evidenced above, rappers, fashion, cartoons, celebrities, etc.

Source: I am old

Also those dope sunglasses Kurt Russel wore in Stargate

>i'm not a player
>i just crush a lot

>in the 1990s
>implying

I'm wearing welding goggles in class right now. Geek girls love 'em

Shut up faggot, I'm not in the mood to deal with you today.

Who looks better in goggles?

Half of new superheroes made during the 90s (like the infamous Rob Liefeld creations among the others) wore goggles for no reason at all, just like those stupid pockets everywhere

Yes it was. even bought some expensive goggles back then, although i barely used it when swimming lol

Only amongst rich white suburban wiggers.

kek how would you know

>Th-the white kids that bullied me wore them so I assume no black people did

it's a visual allusion to the rave scene, considered the most 90s thing ever.

I am a huge nerd and wore them a few times in middle school. I was teased a ton and shortly stopped. However throughout high school I became slightly more popular and so during senior year I wore them again one day. People loved it then for some reason.

I cringe thinking about it. All of it.

that's fucking nothing mate. i wore the karate kid bandanna to school when some kid laughed at me i tried to do the karate kid kick and he punched me.

>Hop in your Hummer
>the Punisher's ready

Dag yo

Yeah I suppose that's a bit worse.

I've never realized it but I always start walking and start going up/down stairs with my left foot first every time. I've even started with my right on the stairs and had to take a second to get my brain to register what was going on.

What does this mean?

>he doesn't wear a full mask
Come on lad, it's like you don't even want to bang cheerleaders.

your kung fu is weak

i should have enrolled at kobra-kai instead

i doesn´t mean anything. it´s the same as with right handers and left handers. one side is always stronger

I bet you smoke left handed cigarettes.

>left handed cigarettes
wut? i had to google that

That's because you're a jive turkey.

They could only ever be worn as a fashion item, as opposed to having any functional value.

After all, goggles do nothing.

It wasn't a really popular thing, but some people did it. 90s fashion was a clusterfuck of really goofy shit like that.

How the fuck didn't anyone react to this yet?

get a load of this snow bunny

it was a shitty forced meme

I beat my wife all day on security cams yet my people still love me. lol this dude had problems

Because no one knows about it but us. We are surrounded by newfags. That's how bad it has gotten.

how does one even come to acquire such knowledge? are you making this up?

I SAY HEY

WHAT'S GOING ON?

I never saw a single teenager in real life wearing them. It was a fashion trend, mostly for musicians/rappers. There were like 10 people total who wore them and they've basically all been posted in this thread.

>implying you didn't have to google it

Because it was claudia

nigga i'm the original newfag i'm from 2007 i've seen that who looks better i goggles a million times in here and it barely gets any replies even back then.

hell what is that a scar gets even more replies than that shitty forced meme

>that kid that wore his Hidden Leaf Village headband and tried to use Chidori on his bullies

>2007
>being this new
It's not about replies since you could hardly ignore that shit anyway. You were bound to see those shitty thread.

>he doesn't remember the flash blizzards of the mid 90s summers.