Director: Thin Red Line-era Terrence Malick

Director: Thin Red Line-era Terrence Malick
Cinematographer: Emmanuel Lubezki
2 Part movie around 5-6 hours long

No thank you.

No. By the way current Malick is far better director than Thin Red Line -era.

Eh, that's a bit too blunt and vicious for Malick. Even in Badlands and TTRL, the violence had a certain otherworldly magic to it and calmness to it. As for Lubezki, he's almost mediocre without Malick's directing.

Even though it's obviously too easy of a pick, I think Kubrick would have made a good Blood Meridian. His detachment and objectivity would work much better than Malick's intimacy. Plus, he did great with violence in The Shining and Clockwork Orange, and he proved he knows how to do period dramas well with Barry Lyndon. A Kubrick western/anti-western would have been pretty sick.

You know it.

I have a perfect director for Blood Meridian.

Honestly you can film the actual narrative and characters, but it's the prose that makes this book so good and you can't film that.

Just leave it be. Make something original.

sounds boing tbqh

who is the bald dude? does he have cancer?

He's been getting exceptionally worse since then.

Bad opinion, low cinematic IQ.

Judge: John Goodman

Fuck no, I'd rather the probably god awful James Franco, or Ridley Scott version.

If there's one guy that could film it I would say it's Emmanuel Lubezki

Was he a supernatural entity? I'd be very disappointed if he wasn't.

Reminds me of Pinbacker from Sunshine desu

The Judge has to be Glenn Fleshler, aka Remus from Boardwalk, Errol from TD s1, and the judge in the last few episodes of The Night Of. His big and pale and fleshy fat, and he has the range to pull of the Judge imo.

Or the guy who played Reverend Tuttle would be a pretty good choice too

>Ridley Scott
I mean, if The Counsellor is anything to go by, he gets McCarthy's oeuvre more than say, the Coen's did. That's for sure.

yeah he would be good too

He could film a beautiful movie. He couldn't film biblical prose.

>He lies in drink, he quotes from poets whose names are now lost. The boy crouches by the fire and watches him.

>Night of your birth. Thirty-three. The Leonids they were called. God how the stars did fall. I looked for blackness, holes in the heavens. The Dipper stove.

>The mother dead these fourteen years did incubate in her own bosom the creature who would carry her off. The father never speaks her name, the child does not know it. He has a sister in this world that he will not see again. He watches, pale and unwashed. He can neither read nor write and in him broods already a taste for mindless violence. All history present in that visage, the child the father of the man.

I gotch u a director famlam

meant for

>Leave the BM adaptation to me

Just get the Coen brothers and Roger Deakins. They would be perfect.

what?