What were they thinking?

What were they thinking?

TFA is a professionally made fan film. Prove me wrong. You can't.

this thread is fake and gay

Best character from the mainstream Star Wars media.If you think otherwise, kill yourself.

They were probably thinking that one of the major criticisms of the prequels was a lack of good characterization and motivation so they'd try to make a character with father issues who also thinks a bit too highly of himself. I'm not exactly sure how the worship of Vader fits into all of this yet, but I can see at least a few tenuous connections.

He and Rey will switch sides and it will be pottery

How many fucking times we have to tell you this

This.

"we will play it safe with the storytelling and production design so we can risk with a different kind of villain"

He's more attractive than I am.

As long as Finn and Poe hook up sometime, i'll be happy with whatever else happens.
They're cute as fuck together

Normies won't like that since he killed Han.

Rey and Finn will hook up. Ff you disagree or dont want this, you are racist. Come on its 2016.

Yeah that is at least partially why I think when people say there will be a switch or "he will turn good" are wrong. I think we will be teased with this but ultimately he will die an evil character or possibly have a last minute conversion like Vader. Killing Han is pretty much an unforgivable act according to most people.

Only a small portion of the people who watched the prequels actually hated them. Its just the internet that seems to inflate their number as they use platforms like reddit and youtube to sound their opinions and movie creators eat it up and cant think for them selves. The prequels were actually pretty good and dare I say had way better characters then TFA.

The prequels are better by default because TFA is literally fan fiction.

Christ you must be monstrous looking

I've always felt pretty neutral about the prequels.
The only thing that ever stood out and made me take interest was the podracing stuff. The rest of it just felt like a shitload of galactic politics that I didn't care for.
I mean, I get it, some people really love that shit, but it just didn't hook me like the last 3 movies.

I thought Kylo Ren's costume design was pretty great to be honest.

He will be a very controversial character and that's what we need.
We need not a pure good v evil character, but someone who raises different opinions and conversation.
Uh, let me rephrase that. THEY need a character like that in their franchise.

Well everything is anecdotal but I'll say that I know very few people in real life who thought they were "good." Hate might be a strong term but the majority of people I know who have an opinion at all dislike them.

>trying to insert moral ambiguity into Star Wars

Because it turned out so great the last time, huh?

only because you can't see what's underneath lol

I know right, I was surprised too when they cast an already acclaimed julliard actor who has already been working with the top of hollywood (and still is) multiple times and doesn't have one smudge in his acting record.

It's like they actually thought through who would fit the character of Kylo Ren instead of hiring the recent buzzword actor that would make all the capeshit lorefanbois wet on the forums.

hmmm really makes you think

It can work, whether general audiences will like that or not i don't know/doubt it.

.We had better make Snape the villain because if he were actually threating the SJW cunts that we are now pandering to would cry rape.

>numales BTFO by Kylo Ren

lol fag, I bet you listen to indie

Discount revan did look great. They never should have shown his disgusting, scarred face beneath it though

I guess they saved money by not having to make him look gross like Vader

>beware the righteous fanatic

Yeah, because we don't have our fair share of those, right? EVERYBODY is doing these now. I miss the 80s. Villains knew what they were doing is evil and just didn't give a fuck or actively enjoyed it so they could spew one liners and memorable dialogue. Nowadays half the dialogue is predictable and "you are not so different you and I" is basically a staple. Fuck this age when they feel the need to prove the villain wrong through a strawman instead of just making him evil from the get go.

>one liners and memorable dialogue
you're not allowed to insult anything in TFA if this is your high watermark for a movie.

i absolutely love how Adam Driver couldn't shake his NY accent for the role. kinda like Sean Connnery as an Egyptian in Highlander. lol.

Should've had an attractive guy play him it kinda ruined the movie imo.. Even my boyfriend thought he was ugly lol

meh I liked him. at first I was skeptical but he makes for a good villain. looking forward to see more daisy. WHERE MY DAISY BROS AT? post that smug pic so I can get diamonds you fucks!

>couldn't shake his NY accent
Like how Rey sounds like she's from a London tower block estate?

I had a roommate at uni to who looked and acted exactly like Kylo Ren. He was probably excited as hell when SW 7 came out and was all

>"hurr dat's me da Sith Lord hurr hurr hrrrrr fuckin' revenge"

He also used to write these long ass Facebook stories about his "life" self aggrandizing himself as some kind of tortured artist when he really didn't do shit all day but sit in his room and pretend to get revenge on everyone.

So is all the EU...

Autismus Maximus

After all these teenage girl shows like GoT and TWD and Breaking Bad, I don't see how Han Solo dying shook anybody up.

I never noticed how bad the lighting makes Chewie look there.

Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke Snoke

If anything that should prove to you why it matters. You know how many people shit a brick on social media every time a character dies on GoT even though it happens almost every episode?

>people not getting the point
Kylo Ren is a tryhard faggot. That's his character. He is an edgy kid who is insecure as hell. He wants power and as Yoda said, the dark side isn't more powerful but it's an easier path to walk. That's it. He is a post-Anakin character, to be pseudointellectual faggot.

POETRY

he was one of the better parts of the movie

well... ok then.
but even so it would have been better if he hardly ever spoke and never took off his mask. he could've done without the temper tantrums as well.
also leave the reveal that he's han and liahs son for episode 8

Rey killed Han you dingus

Yeah it would have been great if he never got emotional or cared about anything happening in the world....

Go to bed George.

i'm actually looking forward to the next star wars, TFA was surprisingly good

who the fuck came up with that goofy ass name?

Supposing this really is some bullshit like

>"Anakin's evil side split away and became it's own entity!!!!!!"

Why the fuck would it call itself "Snoke"?

Reminder that 7 girls will never get together to watch you

But do normies think Han would want his son to die evil? The last thing he did was caress his face. Luke and Leia would be miserable too. I just can't see them going with such a dark ending. It's not very Star Wars.

to appeal to the african american demographic
it was originally snoke MC but they dropped it in post production

S-STUPID

He's actually one of the few mildly interesting things in the film though

Reminder that Snoke was initially supposed to be a hot woman

>he didn't relate to Kylo Ren
I WISH NORMIES WOULD FUCKING DIEEEE

They were thinking that the movie would make a lot of money, a lot of people would like it, and teenage/20-something girls would crush on Kylo.

All ended up being true.

Massive dong.

Kylo Ren was unironically the deepest character in the whole movie.

You mean we could have had /ss/ with hot ladySnoke and young Ben?

JJ is a HACK.

He was. But that's not really saying much.

thank god, they're all ugly af

he fights for us against the SJWs

he's probably the deepest character in all 7 films and that's also not saying much