What's the objectively best Swans album?

What's the objectively best Swans album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Up3hmLCr830
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Objectively they're not a very good band.

filth

to be kind

obvious choice, but Soundtracks For The Blind

>Most consistent
>Best era of the band
>Most creative instrumentation
>Best lyrical incarnation of Gira
>Best album art

youtube.com/watch?v=Up3hmLCr830

filth

Good choice, also think Children of God and The Seer are on the same level

>swans

Well.
Well FUCK hahaha
*smacks lips*
I just don't know what to sAy.

The Seer is the correct answer. It's a combination of all the styles they had up to that point.

Soundtracks
definitely one of their best songs, I have no idea why he didn't put it on White Light

so you just go online and say dumb shit then?

i see this thread has fellow men of class

You are all like little babies.
watch this
>Cop

>*To Be Kind
That's better.

what thE fuck r u tryin to say nigg*r?

This band is the shittiest, most pretentious mess of a band in indie music's fucking history.
Their most acclaimed albums are literally comprised of about 10% songwriting, and 90% droning guitar loops. This fucking scam artist Michael Gyro or whatever the fuck his name is has perfected the art of scamming pretentious """"music"""" listeners out of their cash by writing one goddamned bridge and repeating it for thirty minutes, while occasionally shouting, and then selling it on vinyl for an arm and a leg.

You know what? Let's talk about his fucking voice. MC Ride seems like a goddamned 16th century opera singer, compared to this guy - You want to call him homeless? Jesus Christ, half of the lyrics on any given Swans song are just this fifty year old cowboy wannabe shouting in the most irritating, meth-addict esque voice he can possibly fucking muster (Which is impressive, because the premise of a band where half of the songs are ONE FUCKING MELODY LOOPED FOR TWENTY MINUTES is already the most annoying fucking thing I've ever seen).

People literally watch this man and his "band" play one chord for half an hour while the drummer lightly taps his high hats while he screams "FUCK FUCK FUCK CUNT FUCK FUCK FUCK CUNT" and say "WOW I NEED TO BUY THIS ON VINYL, EVEN IF IT TAKES ALL THE MONEY I MADE FROM WORKING AT STARBUCKS LAST WEEK".
I dare you, I fucking dare you to find ONE message or theme of interest or any kind of remote fucking meaning of worth in any song by Swans (I'm not saying "Swans song" because that's what they want and fuck them). ONE. ONE FUCKING THEME OR PIECE OF LYRICAL CONTENT that isn't incoherent rambling or curse words. Yet you see them compared to other bands like they're some high quality, meaningful thing.

great anihilator bitch

Objectively best? Filth and Soundtracks for the Blind. Not necessarily my favorites though.

I agree

Children of God, The Great Annihilator, Holy Money, or Soundtracks for the Blind.
>post-reunion swans
>good

>Swans
>good
Get fucked fucking pleb.

Listen to "I was a prisoner inside your skull" you dumb FUCK

if this actually becomes pasta... fucking r/indieheads

What am I not getting out of this album? I adore Love of Life and I like Children of God, but I can't seem to care all that much about this.

This guy gets it

But the baby is you
>Public Castration is a Good Idea

This